Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Soccer

Congratulations on making it to day 3. For my the symptoms lasted only 4 days so you seem to be almost out of the woods. You have already won the most difficult battle, the one with your mind. Wat to go!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Soccer... did you ever find that your shoulders tingled?? Kinda like nerves?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Soccer

I never did feel that. I did have restless legs though. But all my symptoms were gone in like 4 days, thank goodness.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
team awesome

i'm starting suboxone tomorrow... nervous as all getout! but i found that it made it slightly more bareable last time (i was inpatient last time) so.... we'll see how this pans out.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

My daughter just revealed to us my wife and I that she has been withdrawing from oxy for 4 days.She is perscribed Zanax for anxiety and she still takes 2 (.5) blue tabs a day. She has had horrible anxiety since she was a child so I doubt she will ever get completely off of Zanax or something like it.She seems to think she's done with the oxy but I fear she'll go back again without support.She is intent on not going to the rehab program because she thinks she initiated the withdrawl from the drugs without intervention. Does she have much chance of success? I am hopeful but extremely pessimistic....
Old 11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Not easy

Hi all

New member here. Developed chronic back pain from years of standing at my job. They cannot find what is wrong but it is debilitating. Doc finally put me on Oxy and I have been using it daily for at leats 3 years.
Decided that I needed to get away from it so this is about 36 hours since any dose at all. Last night was hell, legs wanted to run out of bed without me. Damn chills etc..... I had prepped myself fo the final cut but cutting back daily a little at a time. 5 MG cut a day until I was down to 10 for the day. That didnt hurt until I just stopped that completely. Maybe I should have kept going with the cutbacks until it was next to nothing? Any thoughts from those who have tried this method?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Soccer

For me, going cold turkey was the way to go. I felt like caa-caa for a day or two then started to return to normal. I think cutting back is still feeding the addiction. But whatever method you chose, I wish you the best.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:04 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elliebean View Post
i'm starting suboxone tomorrow... nervous as all getout! but i found that it made it slightly more bareable last time (i was inpatient last time) so.... we'll see how this pans out.
If you take an appropriate amount of subs for the size of your addiction, it will do a lot more than make it slightly more bearable. You'll go through one day of feeling slightly crappy instead of 5-7 of hell, and then you'll feel pretty much exactly like you did before you ever started messing with opioids.

Nothing to be nervous about. You're going to be really happy you made this choice.

Let us know how it's going

p.s. I work in Phoenix and have an AA meeting hall two buildings down from my office if you wanna meet up there for a noon meeting sometime, shoot me a PM. It's at Highland and 12th, the Freedom Hall.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I'm in withdrawal. I just spent two days writing a post and this site deleted it. I'm alone and now esp without hope. I can't believe my post was deleted.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hy everyone, I am day 5 off these stupid tabs OC. The first two years were alright as I only had to take one a day and any more would make me violently ill. But over the last 6 months Ive been taking more and more and the side effects ( no energy low testosterone etc ) I decided to go CT. So far so good. Today I feel a lot better. took two 5mg Valium last night and got 3hours sleep, more than Ive had all week. Oxycontin dose a good job of pain relief, but after awhile you don't know whether its the drug or the injury that still causes the pain, so I had to get off them to see and so far I think I can cope with the back injury pain without them. Bloody side effects of OC, they (dr's) should tell you about them. Anyway have spent this week reading about everyones experiences and It has helped me through it. So Far. Cheers
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Soccer

You are not alone. There are a lot of people here in this forum that are more than willing to be your sounding boards. Stay strong, you can do it!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi all, I just joined and this is the first thread I found about opiate addiction. Tuesday was the last day I took any pills till today. Tuesday I took 4 percs in the morning and 2 1/2 percs and 2 tram's a few hours later. That was a small amount compared to what I am used to taking. The withdraw started later that night when I tried to sleep. My wife woke me up because she said I was twitching and shaking in my sleep. I woke up in a pool of sweat even though I was freezing. I used to take anywhere from 10 to 15 oxy's at a time and 10 to 15 altram's at a time. I almost died a few months ago after taking 17 tram's in two hour without eating for two days. After that I promised her I would quit after I put her though that but as everyone here know, that is a lot easier said than done. I cut back the amounts I was taking but started taking 4 to 6 oxy's every few hours, which I think turned out to be worst. She has gone through the first stages of WD so many time with me I can't count. I own it to hewr and my kids to get clean but sometimes it seems impossible and most of the time I'd rather die than go through WD but that would not be fair to her or my kids.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR proslang
You'll find a lot of support here.

D
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thanks, I already have found tons of good advice reading through some of these threads. I know it sound bad, me being a grown man and all but the first few minutes of reading others stories of people going through the same hell as me brought me to tears.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Soccer

Being extra emotional was one of the symptoms that I noticed when I stopped. Your not alone in that, I think a lot of us went through the same
Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

This is going to be terrible

I am on the first 24 hours of not taking oxycodone. I have been taking about maybe 15 mg a day for a month, maybe 3 weeks. The only reason I've stopped is simply because I have run out. I know if there was more, I'd be taking it. know that some people go through larger doses for longer periods of time, but the amount I've taken has been enough to make my body addicted. I started using purely for a high, and now that it is over my body is starting to freak out. I really hope that because I didn't use for a super extended period and I didn't take a lot each day I can get through the WD in few days, because my head is killing me, I'm freezing and then burning up, my stomach is messed up, and i just feel awful. This sucks!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome GracieGirl - you'll find a lot of help and support here.

D
Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 and my low energy level is unbelievable. I have hardly enough to get out of a chair.Dr put me on Mobic to try to keep the fibromyalga under control, and my broken back is still there, but no energy. Anyone no how long it takes to get on top of this thing. It come and goes.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi roadrunner.
Good to see another Aussie here - sorry to hear you're down tho.

I'd ask your doctor, because I think the answer varies - obviously what other meds you're on and your physical condition plays a part, as does the heat of summer.

If you can't get out, theres a hotline that may be able to help with information:

Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) offers a 24 hour alcohol and drug information service
Qld: 1800 177 833
D
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
My problem seems that I have to deal with my pain without med(opiates). Still take about 4 panadol and one Mobic. Yesterday was good but not today. The FMS needs to be controlled but it's not yet. Tomorrow is another day so well see.