Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

well wish me luck everyone im stopping cold turkey or im praying i can, i have been on 6 30 mg oxys a day and 25 mcg fent ........ it has ruined my quality of life .... i was unable to walk before i got on the meds and i have been on them a long time .... i want to see how bad my pain is and if i can take it get off everything ...... at least for a while and get some kind of life back ............. i will need ur prayers and some advice if any of u have some
Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good luck RayRay....try and sleep as much as possible...the first 3 days are the roughest...hot baths, lots of fluid, banana's, multi-vitamin,,,,if you have a heating blanket, I liked lying on top of that after coming back from the washroom(cause you'll be there more than once)and pray. I will for you....I'm 7 days off the oxycodone now and I feel GREAT!!!...I'm learning to live with my pain as well but the pain in my arm is way better than the pain from addiction to narcotic pain killers. You can do it!! Good luck!:praying
Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Can't respond to people's messages to me untill I post 5 times. Stupid. Sorry RayRay. I'll post this and see if I can respond to your message.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

How's quitting cold turkey working out for you?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Jaman34 - Good for you!! I too am clean, for almost 2 months. You will only feel better and better as time goes on, and so far I havent had a real urge to use. My DOC was oxy too....and went the cold turkey route.

I havent started to go to meetings yet, but from what everyone here says, its something to at least give a chance if you are serious about staying this way. The hardest of times dont seem so hard anymore, now that I have battled this.

Good work and dont let up.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congratulations fibermaster, day 11 for me feeling lots better still moving like an old man but nothing like a week ago starting to sleep better they say we never half to go through detox hell again if we chose not to.

p.s. Your posts helped alot.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well, has anyone out there had any problems with rapid leg movement when quitting oxycondone ? I've been free of it for about 2 weeks, luckily I was able to do it with the help of the new drug, "suboxone" which didn't make it easy but it sure eliminated probably 90% of what I'd have gone through doing it cold turkey... God, if I'd have done it that way I'd have gone nuts ! I was on four 80mg tabs of the long acting oxy and one to two 30mg of the short acting oxy per day... And built up to that amount over a three year period... But I'm still having trouble with rapid leg movement and ESPECIALLY insomnia at this point and am wondering how much longer it'll be before I can sleep again... Oxy made me sleep like a baby and now I'm lucky if I've been able to sleep more than two or three hours a day, and can't get to sleep until 5 or 6:AM... It sucks! does anyone have any advice ? Thanks much...
Old 09-07-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

RayRay - don't stop cold turkey. You will regret the day you were born. I ran out of oxy last week, and had to go to the emergency room by ambulance and get a shot of morphine. I have not felt well since.

I don't know how to get off the oxy - I'm trying to figure that out myself - but cold turkey is not good.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:29 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daddeobear View Post
Well, has anyone out there had any problems with rapid leg movement when quitting oxycondone ? I've been free of it for about 2 weeks, luckily I was able to do it with the help of the new drug, "suboxone" which didn't make it easy but it sure eliminated probably 90% of what I'd have gone through doing it cold turkey... God, if I'd have done it that way I'd have gone nuts ! I was on four 80mg tabs of the long acting oxy and one to two 30mg of the short acting oxy per day... And built up to that amount over a three year period... But I'm still having trouble with rapid leg movement and ESPECIALLY insomnia at this point and am wondering how much longer it'll be before I can sleep again... Oxy made me sleep like a baby and now I'm lucky if I've been able to sleep more than two or three hours a day, and can't get to sleep until 5 or 6:AM... It sucks! does anyone have any advice ? Thanks much...
It may take a few days on suboxone to feel 'normal' again after being on 240mg/oxycodone a day. There is definitely a 'transition period' you have to go through. And if you mess up and take ANY other opioids in the early going, that clock will restart.

Anyways, that RLS will subside, I promise you, and you'll be sleeping normally again soon. And on a day to day basis you're going to feel about 10x more 'normal' than you have in probably many years ... as long as you stay on subs (and only subs!)

BTW, how much suboxone have they got you on per day?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Angry Suboxone worked But Sleeping is Impossible...

Thanks for the reply bvaljalo... The suboxone did it's job but it's been about three weeks now and sleeping with any substance has become such a problem that I've had to miss days from work... I've averaged less than 2 hours of sleep in any 24 hour period since coming off the oxy... It's not for lack of trying either, and I am genuinely clean from it as when I was taking oxy, sleep was not something that was ever any problem... As per your question... I was on three 80mg "long acting" tablets per day as well as eight to ten 30mg short acting tabs per day for chronic lower back pain... I started taking them almost three years ago... So at over 500mg per day (although I started out at only about 80mg a day) for such a long period, I am wondering if thats why I paying such a heavy price for so long with not being able to sleep... I've tried a couple of non-addictive sleep meds from my doctor in their strongest form and am currently (for the last four days) taking a non-addictive anti-anxiety drug prescribed by my doctor called Trazodone (50mg tabs) and so far the results have been minimal... I took two tabs about 90 minutes ago and after laying in bed for an hour, tossing and turning, I decided to come out here and get on the computer... I'm plenty tired, but I just never get sleepy... Going back tomorrow to the other Doctor (that detoxed me from the oxy, and yes he and my regular doctor are both talking) and we'll see if he can do anything to help matters... I've never been this tired in my life and if I had the power to outlaw the use of any kind of oxy to the general public I'd do whatever I could to make it happen... It's an evil substance and I curse the day I started taking it... Thanks again...
Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Talking

I hope who ever read this, at whatever time in life get's some use out of this information to help them understand OxyCotin/Codone withdrawl help in a nutshell. I was taking over 100mg a day. (I am an average sized 18 year old girl).

You can definately detox at home it's usually a 3 day climb a few more days so your digestive system can get back in order.

HERE'S WHAT CAN HELP:

Naturals:
Chicken low sodium soup.
All natural fruit smoothies (when I really felt up for it)
Banana's
Any fresh fruits or vegetables high in b-12, vitamin C, magnesum, and zinc.
Lot's of hot baths, showers, heating pads/ blankets good few days just resting like from a bad cold.
Exercise, walk around the house, yard around the block, get your body moving to relieve twitching muscles.

Medications:
Suboxone- (script, personally I did not use this I used a natural method)
Any of the vitamins you do not have in fresh food form.
Immodium- for digestional issues.
Xanex/ Valium- (This really helps with muscle spasms/ Restless Leg and racing thoughts helps to sleep as well). JUST BE CAREFUL DO NOT USE ANY BENZODIAZPIEM AS A CRUTCH!!

I am in no way religious, I have never gone though a NA/ AA or 12 step program nor a center for help. I know how to deal with my body. I hope I really got to help someone. Good luck with your journey you beautiful people.:ghug3

Peace & Love
Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Soccer

Roxycett withdrawl help

Today is my last day taking roxicett. I have been on it since April, it is now September. Thanks to a __________ Doctor(insert your own explitive). I am wondering what I am in for in terms of withdrawl. I have anti-nausea medicine at home to help with that and also some anti-anxiety meds. I guess what I am really asking for is your prayers to help me through what I hope is not to bad of an ordeal. I wont tell you how the Doc told me to take the pills cause I just found out that it was not necessarily legal. So your prayers and advice are appreciated.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I am praying for you very hard, Soccer. Please feel free to call upon me if you need to vent or if you are frightened or if you need harder prayers.

Please be very gentle, tolerant, and kind to yourself. Do not hesitate to ask for relief if it gets overwhelming.

Blessings and love,

Ekaterina
Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daddeobear View Post
Thanks for the reply bvaljalo... The suboxone did it's job but it's been about three weeks now and sleeping with any substance has become such a problem that I've had to miss days from work... I've averaged less than 2 hours of sleep in any 24 hour period since coming off the oxy... It's not for lack of trying either, and I am genuinely clean from it as when I was taking oxy, sleep was not something that was ever any problem... As per your question... I was on three 80mg "long acting" tablets per day as well as eight to ten 30mg short acting tabs per day for chronic lower back pain... I started taking them almost three years ago... So at over 500mg per day (although I started out at only about 80mg a day) for such a long period, I am wondering if thats why I paying such a heavy price for so long with not being able to sleep... I've tried a couple of non-addictive sleep meds from my doctor in their strongest form and am currently (for the last four days) taking a non-addictive anti-anxiety drug prescribed by my doctor called Trazodone (50mg tabs) and so far the results have been minimal... I took two tabs about 90 minutes ago and after laying in bed for an hour, tossing and turning, I decided to come out here and get on the computer... I'm plenty tired, but I just never get sleepy... Going back tomorrow to the other Doctor (that detoxed me from the oxy, and yes he and my regular doctor are both talking) and we'll see if he can do anything to help matters... I've never been this tired in my life and if I had the power to outlaw the use of any kind of oxy to the general public I'd do whatever I could to make it happen... It's an evil substance and I curse the day I started taking it... Thanks again...
If you're getting THAT little sleep and it's been this long that is going to become dangerous if it hasn't already. I'd recommend you seek immediate intervention for it. No screwing around either, Lorazepam exists, you need it.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Soccer

Thank you for your prayers and kind comments.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

really pulling for you.. withdrawal sucks.. no way around it,.. I have been thru it many many times.. I think the last time was bad enough, that i couldnt handle going thru it again.. You CAN however, do it.. I found that out after a million relapses, but look.. dont put yourself thru that.. just do it this time and prove you are strong!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Soccer

Day 1

:praying
1Today is day one. I feel kind of flu-ish with the body aches and sweating. Also kind of weapy. The silliest things bring tears to my eyes. I really should not be at work today, but the bosses would ask questions if I took a day off. (the boss at home and the one at work) I hope I am strong enough to do this, these pills are too easy to come by. I just want to have my life back.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

You must be enormously strong. I could never do what you are doing.

Don't scold yourself. I would give anything to be as strong as you are.(I'm praying for you.)
Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Soccer

Ekat,
You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for. I have read some of your posts and your strength is amazing. In fact, your strength is what got me through yesterday, thank you. Don't get down on yourself. You are in my prayers.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Soccer

Day 2

Today is day 2 for me. I talked to my doctor yesterday and he told me to come in and he would give me more pills. I told him I didnt need them. I asked if there was anything I could take to make me a functional person and he reccomended ***** Cold and Sinus. Let me tell you that this worked wonders for me yesterday. I felt almost normal, it took away the body aches and the sweating and even let me sleep last night. Dont know if it would workk for everyone but it worked for me. Thanks to everyone for this discussion. One thing I would like to add is DO NOT let the postings scare you! They are intended to let you know what you can go through not what you will go through. Everyone is different. It can be done.

Last edited by Dee74; 09-29-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: removed brand name