Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

If you have terrible anxiety and you find that opiates ease it you may be best off going on suboxone and staying on until you see if you can figure out a strategy to deal with this crippling problem - I know how bad anxiety and depression are, trust me. I'm only saying this because you're already on opiates, so that "problem" is already present, going down Benzo Boulevard would not be a wise decision at this point as that would give you a whole new truckload of problems.

And don't think negatively of yourself if you find opiates moderate your anxiety and depression, it's just what they do, what can I say - also Suboxone IS being used as a psychiatric drug in the "mood stabilizer" category now for people with intractable issues that are not helped by anything else. A modern, patient, informed and sympathetic physician or psychiatrist will understand this.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

You will definately come up with the right mix EKAT...whatever that is. You need to talk with your doctor and tell him you are serious about quitting and what is the logical way to do that.

I am on day 4.....but I person I know who alway has pain pills with him is coming over....This could be where I screw up.

I'm praying for all of us...but EKAT...you hang in there hun!!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I would like to do the Waismann Method rapid detox. I actually thought this up myself, and found that it was actually being done. But insurance won't pay for it and it costs $16,000.

I am a nervous wreck right now. I can do almost nothing. I can't believe I fell into this hole. There seems like there's no way out. Furthermore, I have no support system. Both of my girls became angry with me because of my anxiety and left (God, I so needed them) and my ex is a psychiatrist who I met in college. We were both pre-med students. We both got into medical school, married the summer between college and medical school, and I got pregnant in November of that year. We decided that I would stay with our child, and he would go through medical school. 20 years later he divorced me, leaving me with no assets and a 20 year gap in my work history.

When I first started the opiates, they seemed like a Godsend. I had a lot of energy (because they tamed the anxiety and panic) and started moving forward with my life. But the condition that I was being treated for with the opiates subsided, and I'm stuck with this horrible monkey on my back. I feel like I'm on a train to Hell. I have tried so hard to be a great wife and mother, and everyone complemented me on this, but after the divorce (and I BEGGED my husband not to go through with it) everything fell apart.

I feel like I need a break -- and some loving care.

Ekat
Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for this awful year you are having. Hopefully, you can taper off the drugs and get some of your life back slowly. It will be baby steps....

Horrible in someways but very fullfilling in others. I'm glad you are constantly thinking about your kids. This just proves you are still a great mother, you have lost your way and need to get back. You love them and want to move forward....It is ok to let go of someone who can't be the "one" for you. I know that must have been hard to let him go in light of everyting else you have been going through.

When God closes a door he always opens a window....lets just go find your window. Don't be to hard on your self...take small baby steps. You can do it!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Most of those expensive 'rapid-detox' methods are a scam anyways, so don't worry about that whole thing. They typically involve putting you under (for like a whole DAY!) and administering an opioid antagonist to basically put you into immediate withdrawals, which you don't feel cause you're out.

In a sense it is a way to 'jump-start' the recovery process a little bit, but in the long run, it's SOOOO not worth the money they charge. When you wake up, you are going to be smack in the middle of horrible withdrawals. This process does not 'fix' you, it just neutralizes any opioids still in your system.

A lot of people are under the mistaken impression that the terrible effects of opioid detox are being caused by the 'toxins leaving your system'. When you're hungover from drinking, this is, in fact the case. But it's not with opioid detox. The W/D's are caused by massive chemical imbalances in natural brain chemicals and hormones, and this cannot be magically fixed by simply removing the so-called 'toxins'.

So ... I doubt you're missing out on anything great by not spending the $16K

And yes, most insurance plans will cover suboxone.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

bval, I don't know how I am going to able to endure a 30 hour withdrawal. That seems to be a real problem to hurdle. I almost hurt myself after 10 hours of w/d from screaming, punching, and writhing in pain. That experience changed me; actually damaged me. It ended at 1am, after going to the hospital by ambulance and a shot of morphine.

"This is going to hurt," the doctor told me while administering the shot. Hurt? I couldn't feel it. It took seemingly forever to work (probably 15-25 minutes or less in reality.) I don't feel that I can endure that again.

This is a big problem.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bman123 View Post
ya oxycodone/oxycontin...........they are pritty much the same thing just different names.you probably took oxycontin wich is time release oxycodone.

but ya thanks for replying

maybe you could give me some advice on what helped you?

hmmmm... i thought that oxycodone is vicadin, nothing like oxycontin, which is a "cleaner" form of heroin
Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by crzylilmndfreak View Post
hmmmm... i thought that oxycodone is vicadin, nothing like oxycontin, which is a "cleaner" form of heroin
Oxycodone is both Percocet (Oxycodone w/acetaminophen) and Oxycontin (Oxycodone timed release w/o acetaminophen).
Vicodin is hydrocodone. They're all opiates, just varying in strength and compounding.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Soccer

is it just me thinking that people stop posting when they are successful (or fail)?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some people only stay here a little while Soccer, for whatever reason...others seem to stay a lifetime LOL (me included)

D
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Soccer

With all the wonderful games in the arcade and all the wonderful people in here, why would anyone wand to leave
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm still here

I am having an awful time of it. I had to move, and my new apartment is dark and depressing. I have been very isolated. I need help more than ever, but just want to isolate.

I owe many apologies. I see I have 19 private messages!
I'm very sorry. I will go through each one and reply.

This is how I deal (not) with sadness and fear: isolation.

Love to all,
Ekat
Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Soccer

Change in life is always gonna happen. We cant stop it. Just know that you are not alone. There are people that are praying for you and wish you the very best.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Im new to the forum. I found this late last night while seeking information on recovery. Ive been using oxy roughly 60-160 mgs a day for the past 5-6 mos. I have stopped on occasion but this time i plan on stopping for good. I have dealt with prior addictions but this one seems to be in a class all by itself. Its more the habit of popping the pills than anything but the sides are defnitely odd. ALOT of sweating at night, shaking, etc. Something that started recently has me very scared, and thats waking up every night with my hands and arms numb and tingly, like they are falling asleep, especially my left arm, and my wrist will hurt. and this will come and go through out the day. I found online a couple isntances of others having this same feeling. this is what has scared me into quitting. Its like my body is not pumping blood to these extremities and im slowly dying yet awake and watching it happen. Every night i wake up 2-3 times and have to "shake" blood back down into my hands, or ill use my good hands to help push blood down into my hand, in a "milking a cow" type move. At any rate, i did aquire suboxone and have started with it. it does help. I have quit for a week or 2 before without any major wd's as some of you have mentioned but i have definitely stayed awake all night in bed with uncontrollable shakes that rippled from my abdomin and up through my arms, with muscle clenching, etc. Much like others the symptoms only seem to pop up at night. I get through the work day with no trouble. im scared of what might come from what ive read. another motivator was listening to loveline and hearing dr. drew say that it takes 5 days and its done. obviously not what alot of people hear have said but i guess those are the worst 5. im starting fresh today on day 1, and will use this forum as my motivator. Ill keep you posted. Your stories have been great to read. im looking forward to making these travels with you all. thanks much, ill be back soon.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Soccer

I think the reason that the symptoms occur mostly at night is that is when your brain is not busy. I found that keeping the mind occupied helps ease the symptoms a great deal. The mind is the most powerful drug there is. Good luck in your efforts, my prayers are with you.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Warm Vanilla

You'll find a lot of support here
Feel free to start your own thread too - you'll most likely get more response that way

D
Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi There,

I posted about a month ago... I think I was in the wrong "forum" area!!

I have been having quite the problem with Oxycodone. I took it for migraines, and then... I found myself taking for the "happiness" it brought me in my so-called stressed filled life. Nothing bothered me while I was on it.

I successfully went off of it for 7 days! I was starting to feel okay, and then my husband renewed my prescription. He hangs on to the bottle... but I caught myself sneaking them everynight :o( I am so angry with myself AND my husband. He said he did it for "just in case" reasons, but I found out he's taking them when he needs an "upper"!! Then he turns around and instead of supporting me he gave me sh*t for taking them.

Sorry to ramble on... I just wanted to get this out of my system. I am going to try and go cold turkey AGAIN today. My doctor supports me going cold turkey and I speak to him every week. He just doesn't know that I "lapsed". I wish there was an easier way to get through this!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Soccer

I wish you the best in your efforts. This is always a place for you to vent and get your feelings out.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

k ill go do that now. im gonna repost my intro plus night one
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I am successfully on day three!! Boy oh boy... I can't believe I did this once before and didn't learn my lesson!! The night time sweats have finally stopped.. that was just disgusting!! I still find myself shaking from time to time, but mostly I just feel VERY lethargic. Don't really feel up to doing anything right now... well... except for RUNNING to the bathroom! I think I am going to take a previous poster's advice and get some Amodium ad. I DO feel more in control of myself though... THAT is a great feeling. Everytime I think I need to pop a pill, I give my daughter a hug instead. She is only 2 and LOVES the attention. Keeping my fingers crossed for another 3 days. I am just curious as to how long this lasts for?????