Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Well said

This is so well said I'm going to write it on a piece of paper and put it up some where in my house.

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
Less than two weeks, you'd be through it. Now, for a lot of us, that's the easy part. I don't know how it would be with you. You're the only one who can answer that question. But -- less than two weeks, and think of what you'd regain in your life. Maybe not all you lost, but you'd clear the way for something new. Folks like us go through detox every day. It's never, in my experience, painless. And truly, once you find yourself in this position, no matter who you're angry with that you're in this shape, only you can go through it.
Thank you for posting that
Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by Ekat View Post
No, I haven't heard of that, Sugah. My big concern is that I couldn't get through 12 hours of withdrawal. I know there is going to be a lot more to it than that, but I have to find a way to NOT let it go past 10-12 hours. For whatever reason, my body can't take it.

Is your name from "The Color Purple"?
You've given birth, haven't you? You got through that. You can get through twelve hours. If you have no other choice, you can get through it. Right now, the choices seem to be living the way you're living, or getting through it, and the first doesn't really seem like a choice you're liking right now.

No, my name isn't from The Color Purple, though it's one of my favorite books. People getting through all kind of things in that book. Have you read it?

And your welcome, nlynn. I'm not sure what path you're on. Whatever it is, remember - one foot in front of the other.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Ekat,

Is there someone who can be with you when you detox? Anyone out there know if there are people that specialize in detox? Someone that will come to your home and help you get through it?

I just made it two days but it hurt so bad I thought I was going to die and I gave in. I'm going to try again. I know it’s hard to think about but two weeks that’s all we have to make it to, then we can work on the future. But first we should start with today. Just try to take a little less everyday. Even if it's just half a pill less. Never give up just keep trying. I was abused for years and I lived through it. I thought I wouldn't make it out alive but I did. It's hard to think like that when you are in it but you will make it out. I feel hopeless most of the time too. But live for your daughter and your other child and live for you. I relate to your story so much. I have never done other drugs, I was given pain meds by my doctor, I have suffered from OCD (sometimes I clean like crazy), anxiety & depression also, I used to be a runner and now I can hardly work, I don’t know if you feel this but I'm so ashamed of what I've become. My husband and I want to have kids but I cant in the state that I'm in. This is ruining my marriage. I never thought this would be me. It's a shame your ex can’t be more supportive. I'm praying that you get the angel and strength to pull you through this.

Lynn
Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

nlynn, neither of my children speak to me. My ex doesn't speak to me. My friends do not speak to me. I haven't done anything to be treated like this. I was always present for everyone, whatever the situation, no questions asked.

I grew up abandoned and abused, and I walked right back into the same situation. I gave everything to my kids. All my time and energy was devoted to their education and well-being. I feel completely betrayed.

Sugah, I did read The Color Purple twice. I love the book, and the film was wonderful, too.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Soccer

Ekat (applies to everyone here)

I just want you to know that you are not alone. There are people that are concerned about you and care for you here. May not be a readily available source, but I for one am here if you need to vent. Stay strong and keep the faith.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I'm so frightened.

Anonym, why did you leave? We need you here.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sweetie
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've got a lot of support here Ekat

D
Old 02-12-2010, 02:01 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ekat View Post
I'm so frightened.

Anonym, why did you leave? We need you here.
I'm still here..I put out too much info about myself and was worried I could be identified by someone who knows me if they read my post. How are you doing? Have you made any decisions yet? All my symptoms are gone except for the sleep issues. However, no more RLS as of Tuesday...so that lasted a solid 7 days. Also, I am sleeping, but only for 5 hours...which isn't too bad! In my mind it was horrible, but in hindsight it was only a week...and you feel like you are reborn after you are done...it's so weird.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Exclamation

Thank you for returning, Anonym. I had a feeling it was something like that. I am upset that I didn't copy your posts, because they were very helpful.

Sometimes, I think that I am easily identified on here, but I am at the point that I don't care. I don't have a lot of support. Actually, I don't have any support except for a government agency that is advocating for assistance and the kind people on here.

It's strange: I came into this world unwanted. I was turned over to a woman who severely abused me daily.

I fought with everything I had since I can remember (at 3) and made sure I got a great education, and a great marriage.

The falling apart of the marriage left me depressed, isolated, and near-destitute.

It is very hard for me to keep fighting. I don't know what I'm fighting for anymore. I am losing hope.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Soccer

All you have to do is make it through today. One day at a time works for any issue you may be having. Remember that God never gives us more than we can handle.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Friend

Ekat - are you still around? I know you are really scared of detox and i understand. Addicts esp. are super sensitive to pain and w/d can be a very scary thing. Unfortunately there is no miracle drug or 'pain free' answer here - but how about a suboxone/subutex assisted detox or opiate replacement therapy that I and others here have mentioned? I was scared like you, and this helped me. Also, if you go to a medical detox, they can help with 'comfort' meds to ease some of the w/d pain. Also counseling and group therapy f2f can really help--just talking to others in person who are going through the same thing. I promise there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I know it doesn't seem that way right now, but there IS a way out of this mess, and it's so much better once you get past the physical part. Will you please check in so we know you are okay??
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Yes, Shellslove. Sometimes I feel that I cannot write. But this is the most useful place I have found on the Internet.

I don't feel that I could get through 24-hours without a general anesthesia. I couldn't do 12. I almost injured myself seriously. Also, extreme anxiety is beginning to set in again. This is bad - very bad. What do I do?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I'm going to try again Friday. I took a week off of work because I know I will be in a lot of pain. I do have some doctor appointments but I might cancel them depending on how I feel. I'm really scared but I have got a lot of good advice from all of you. Thank you. I'm prepared, I think I could never truly be prepared. I hope I don't give in. I have to do this for myself and my loved ones.

Any good book recommendations? I'm going to try to read a lot.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck nlynn

Think about those Dr appointments. Would some of them help?

D
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Nlynn.

I am with you, praying deeply. Praying deeply.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Nylynn...I am a total book nerd..what kind of things do you like to read? I have gotten through many things in life by losing myself in a book for awhile.
No experience with opiates tho'.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Thanks for the prayers Ekat

I like Sci-fi, fantasy, historical fiction, and mystery. But I’m open to any book recommendations.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I liked [I]Game Change[I] by Halperin, and Mrs. Lincoln. And I have been praying.