TOD
Danke schön.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by JustAYak View Post
Danke schön.
You are welcome back Jay!

Any plans for this double celebrated day? Going out to see Kirby and family?

TOD
Old 05-10-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Yup. Mother's day brunch. Birthday dinner! Pretty low key...I'm good with that.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

That's all GREAT stuff Jay! See if you can find a rose to give to Kirby and Sue! Or even some wild flowers!

TOD
Old 05-11-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

darling Jay!!!!

Love you very much. ♥♥

V xx
Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many Happy Returns Jay

D
Old 05-11-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, dear Jay

I hope your day is as awesome as you are. If it is, we would hear the going's on all the way to my house... fireworks, applause, and cheering!

really, you are the best Jay. I pray that things keep getting better and better and that your next birthday finds you sleeping well, feeling great and pursuing your hearts dream.

much love,
chicory
Old 05-11-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day, to all my hen house momma hens!

Hope your day is beautiful, and that you treat yourself to a bit something special. hugs.

Amy, hope you have much fun today! It will be a special day for you and bratkins and bbykins being together. may it be perfect!

love to all.. and yes, Live is a sweetiepie!

chic
Old 05-11-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Happy Mother's Day To All The Hen Houser's

Hugs to all
TB
Old 05-11-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

And many, many more.

Hugs bro
TB
Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks you guys
Old 05-11-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Jay!

Happy Mother's day to all mamas here! and double for grandmas!

(Lauren & Chicory), you make me blush. thank you.

You betcha, Amy...a cozy recliner, or a sleeping bag, a/c and I could just get lost in the used book store.
So I went from 1964 when Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights act with a backdrop of 4 black women/sisters in South Carolina (Secret Life of Bees)...to a true crime book by John Walsh (Florida)...then on to Pennsylvania and one of the Beverly Lewis's books set in the Amish community.
I get around

You are right Lauren, things will and do reveal themselves.

I bought a painting for the office/hangout when we were remodeling it. It's a large abstract/impressionistic field of bright flowers on a sunny day. You have to stand back to be able to see it. Too close and it is a blob here, a big smudge there.in fact it is all a bunch of blobs. but all blobs put together and a step back form a clear picture. Waxing philosophically here, but I think that also applies to people.

That idea with "oh, I forgot about....." with Mr D is pure brilliance!

My granny lived to be 100 yrs old, celebrating her birthday on April 13th and then died on Mother's day on May 5th that year. I don't think it was coincidental. She and my sis had a pact about her living to 100. so, on mother's day, I celebrate my granny too.

My daughter just called and we had a really lovely chat for an hour. I love it when we can get on the same page.

big hugs to all!
T
Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Live: I've seen the movie - Secret Life of Bees - twice! Never read the book though! I liked the movie!

Yes I fit that double mode! I'm a momma as well as a grandmother! Four grandkids and one on the way!

Have a great day! Forget the shine today and just relax!

TOD
Old 05-11-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Jay and Happy Mothers Day to all the moms!!!

Live - the other part of "oh, I forgot..." with Mr. D was to avoid the bread on sale. He'd insist on buying some, I'd say "no, we have 7 loaves of bread in the freezer" and he'd say "well, I want 10" and I'd distract him with something else

OMG, I've had the most awesome day!! Went to church, the row mom-kay, hubby and I sit on another couple who have been there forever also sit and never allow us enough room. I sat down first to ensure there was plenty of room.

I looked up, jaw dropped, then Mom-Kay and hubby looked - it was there youngest son there to surprise them. I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was younger Well, let's just say it was a tight fit but you couldn't wipe the smiles off of Mom-Kay and hubby's face.

Came home, colored hair, got ready to head to dad's. Mr. Bratkin had painted the den and he and I did a really good job of picking out a color. It was hot as hello at dad's, and we weren't there long. Went to the restaurant we had originally picked, but it looked like a 2-hour wait.

I called bratkin, neither of us could see standing in line that long with BB so went to her favorite restaurant. Oddly enough, it's the one her hubby's cousin and aunt work at.

Bratkin LOVED the card I got her, told me "you always get the best cards" even though it was from both dad and I. Had a great time, full as a tick with the rest of my meal to eat later. Seems Bratkin's bio-dad tried to put her on a guilt trip and she told him "kiss my azz". Even his dad and sm agreed with her

We went to home Depot and all of us picked out the flooring for the house, including BB. She was having a blast, running around with my phone and a pack of mints I had.

I told Bratkin how much it meant to me that she chose this day to spend with us, and she said it was the best decision she'd made. Dad told me how much he appreciated me coming, as he doesn't see me often. I know he misses me, but I'm really loving my life out here in the country.

Got home, called aunt Phyllis back (after feeding the animals) and went over a bunch of medical stuff with her. She'd gone to Mayo Clinic and seen all my cousins and one uncle. Had a lot of questions and darned if I wasn't able to answer them! Yes, I had to look up a few things, but I was familiar with most of it.

She's 82, nowhere near a perfect specimen of health, but is one determined lady. I really hope she makes it to about 100 years old

Oh, and Mrs. C's SIL showed improvement, today, for the first time!

Oh shytt! I just hit a button and thought I'd lost my entire post! Phew!

I walked from the restaurant across the street to home depot. I'm quite glad no one called 911 on me, as I was looking for my phone in my purse, carrying B&B's sappy cup. Turns out, BB had my phone!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-11-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Details, Amy! What exact flooring did you choose????

Nosy Sr neighbor wants to know!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Live - It's a vinyl flooring that looks like wood and is pretty easy to put down. It's called Allure at Home Depot and they also have some that look like stone. We chose to have the stone look in the foyer and the kitchen, a cherry color in the rest of the house as the molding is dark, but we are painting all the walls in light colors.

It was pretty cool.....dad didn't want to make the decision alone, so Bratkin, hubby, and I made the decision Okay, so BB made decisions too, but she just grabbed samples and is too young to trust her opinion.

It's supposed to be easy to put down, I read reviews and though there were good and bad, I think it will work for our house. We're going to have one helluva party when this house is redone

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-12-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Good morning HH

Hugs to all
TB
Old 05-12-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Amy, I looked the flooring up. It is going to be so very pretty! and so much easier to care for than carpet.
It's not easy to choose, I think I changed my mind a dozen times...I would look things up online first. (as you did to read the reviews)
Our choices are very similar, I got Pergot red mahogany laminate at Lowe's, really close in color to cherry.
Who knows tho when we will get all the floors down with our budget?
Our neighbor/friend/handyman installed ours. He was a whiz and to me a spatial genius. I could not believe how quickly he got it put down and how little, as in WOW, he had leftover as scrap.

Yesterday was a peaceful, serene day with perfect weather. David brought me a half dozen long stem roses.

I judged a book by it's cover..the cover design and name without looking further and it was a dud. I will throw it away, hardback or no.

I need to get busy.

hugs to all!
T
Old 05-12-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Live - he didn't get the flooring yet, but we compared all the samples as well as the wood look one against the stone look one.

Today, Mr. and Mrs. C and their angry daughter were ALL driving me crazy, but I never let on. Just ended up with the dreaded optical migraine so came home and laid down. Just laid there for a while, eventually fell asleep and just woke up a while ago.

I've got Most and Skipper both in the den but about 10 feet away. At least they aren't content. I want to watch "Bones" but the antenna reception still freezes up now and then. The wind is blowing and it rained a bit earlier.

Okay Bones is on, love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hey, hh'rs!

good to hear Mots and Tiger are tolerating each other. soon they will be playing, I hope.

TB, how are things going? have you heard any results yet? am keeping you in thought and prayers.

Live, I can never pick a good book. I did go to thrift store and got a few. mostly Lilian braun hardbacks of ones I have in paper back.

not much to report here. just tired out from my week. glad its all over, and now things will be back to normal busy.

love and hugs
chicory