# 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Dee!

Good Morning Hen House!

TOD
Old 04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!

Jay - I think you know yourself well enough to know what is best for you. Yes, there are unanswered questions and those are frustrating as hello, Regardless, you have done remarkably well at handling it. I know...the mania, the nightmares, etc. must not FEEL like you've done well, but you work, you inspire hundreds of people here, and you have so many people that love you. I hope you find an answer soon.

TB - keeping you in my prayers, as are many people I know that don't know anything other than "my friend on my recovery board needs prayers". You'd be amazed how far those prayers spread.

I just realized that today was supposed to be a weird day according to the planets or something? I've actually had a good day, so I must do good when the planets do bad and vice versa?

I stayed with Mr. C longer, as the nice daughter and her daughter took Mrs. C to the market and they came back with a ton of plants. Mrs. C can grow anything. Mr. C did really well and told me "I don't know where they found you, but you're the best of the bunch...the rest of them didn't have a damned clue"

Now, I don't know of anyone else that has taken care of him, other than a temp 2 days/week when I was working, but I thought it was sweet. His granddaughter told me "THAT is a huge compliment".

I also talked with the daughter of the grandpa that I'm about to start taking care of (he is dying of lung/brain cancer). She is going out of town so I will meet her sister on Monday. They are wanting me to work 1-7pm, possibly every day?

This is Bev's DIL's grandpa. Bev told me this other sister is all business and her hubby calls her "Sarge". I laughed and said "no problem, I have experience with Sarges".

Bev's DIL and son are staying with grandpa this weekend and they have my number if something comes up. It's a sealed deal, pretty much, just working out the hours.

I just grilled my first steak every (all three XABFs were really good cooks) and it turned out great! I didn't realize how much steak COSTS so got one that will last about 3 meals.

Mr. C's granddaughter that trains the K-9 dogs is buying all the crates and some other stuff from Bev. I absolutely adore both the families, but Bev said that her DIL's family is not so friendly. THIS will be a first, but I can handle it.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-25-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Amy)))) how awesome , cooking yourself some steak sounds fun! I love cooking out, and you have such a nice place there, to enjoy the outdoors and maybe even give the kitties a bit of a treat? I am sure they were meowing at you, Hey, you gonna eat that steak? lol.

You are such a blessing to those you take care of Amy. I know they love you. It feels good to be appreciated for what you do with such love.

Thanks Dee for the new thread. Seems like it took forever to get here.

Lenina, I feel like the planets decided to make a work horse out of me today. whew.

love and hugs,
chic
Old 04-25-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do work horses wear corsages chic?

And so so proud of you Ames....you are making leaps and bounds.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 04-25-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, my, was going to be a wise a$$, and send a pic of a horse wearing a corsage. so I typed horse wearing corsage and here is what came up... weird huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dog corsage.JPG (66.5 KB, 185 views)
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Venus, you are a wizard on the computer! no one can beat you in finding stuff....lol.
love ya. sent you a pm...
Old 04-25-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Read it chic my love, answered you....I'm quick!

(and modest he he he).

V xx
Old 04-25-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better today, Venus. the tootsies too.

gonna go to bed and dream about horses and corsages, probably.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I am really confused on what to do right now. Pdoc says he wants to taper me off everything and start from scratch so he can "be sure" about what is an organic symptom and what's not....about the timing of all of it too. For certainty, once I am tapered off, I'd have to be off for probably a month or so. He has to be crazy, I can't do that. I told him I can't risk that kind of thing... not with my new job and the end of the semester, it's just not a good time (is there ever a good time?). He was clear annoyed but I don't care. I asked him why he can't just prescribe something new based on his idea, he said he can if I wanted but it is bound to be hard to find the right combination and it's just as likely to make me worse as going off all this stuff is. He tells me it will just draw out the process and it'll take even longer to find the right combos if we just do trial and error.... there is just no winning. I want to be helped but how is it fair that in order to be helped I have to subject myself to terror.

I have often thought about "starting over" from a clean slate with medications because nothing ever seemed help and they all just seemed to interfere with each other...but now that the time is finally here, I don't know if it's a good idea.

I told him I would think about it... I just don't know. Maybe I should get a second opinion but getting new doctors in this field is always so complicated cause they have to know everything ever about you... I'm not really skeptical about his suggested diagnosis at all, I can see how it fits...but there's got to be a better way that trying to "be okay" for however long I'm off stuff. At the very least, I know the medication I'm taking now keeps me stable enough to where I don't feel so overwhelmed by flashbacks, memories, etc. that I feel like killing myself. I'd need something in place to keep me sane if I was going to do this, and I don't know what that'd be. It freaks me out, the thought of going to "that place" again.

I don't know, not asking for advice really, just thinking out loud.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hmmmm Jay. I hear you. That does sound frightening.
And I know it's hard to start with a new doctor, but it is so important to be comfortable with whoever you see. You need someone you can trust. Just my thoughts. (((hug)))

V xx
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Jay! Is there a way to get copies of your medical visits? You're very smart and I feel you could figure some of this stuff out on your own. If you had the paperwork in front of yourself? You could maybe study them and compare dates and meds for those dates! Then maybe you could figure out what hasn't worked and what has worked! It would also help to ease your wondering mind. You could just read the info in front of you and not have to sit and wonder! There might also be one little thing in the notes that could trigger something to help you figure out exactly what's going on? Just something to think about is all I'm suggesting. I have copies of all my doctor visits.

Chicory: We have these really small yellow flowers on the ground. I've been watching them and it seems they turn out to be a small strawberry plant!

Amy: So how is the mouse situation? Is it quiet there where you are now? Is Bev going to wait to put the place up for sale or is it going to be placed on the market real soon?

TB: Prayers going out for you always!

Venus: Did you find any info on that link Dr. Phil gave me to tell you anything about your face problem?

Lenina: Wishing you well!

TOD
Old 04-26-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yakkie, self diagnosis especially with the psychotropic? Meds you required to take, is never a good idea, in fact it is Ludacris.
Unless you have a degree in pharmacology. Most physicians do not release their personal notes anyway, but they can easily transfer your electronic records for another physician to look at or a pharmacologist who specializes in this field
I think your doctor is making a very valid point in weaning you if it has gotten where you cant find a balance. But please ask him to confer for a 2nd opinion....wait until school is finished and don't do anything that you feel will upset the ground you have gained...tell your doctor what you feel comfortable with and maybe set up a twice weekly email or phone session.
or simply tell him you need to have someone with more experience in your meds give him advice.
He won't be annoyed, you may be reading into this because of your own feelings...but he has your best interest to treat you, not feel insulted....physicians confer with colleagues all the time if a case is baffling or difficult, they want the best possible outcome for YOU....personality conflicts have nothing to do with your care and treatment.
wish you the best and hopefully they will find what works soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you Fandy. I too think two heads are better than one.. two doc heads, that is...
Jay, it may be that it is always trial and error, in the case of finding a good treatment plan, as everyone is different, reacts differently.
Perhaps you would even feel more secure with another doctor helping to call shots, since this one seems to rankle you a bit. his manner may stink, and maybe he is in more of a hurry than you need to be.

I agree, you wanna keep the boat from rocking too much, especially when you have a new job, etc.
big hugs, sweetie. its gonna work out, I just know it
Old 04-26-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

^^^ Oh yes, I couldn't agree more with Fandy and chic who put it so well.
Listen to them Jay love...and be kind to yourself. You are doing your best here. And you are making huge headway.

Love you,

V xx
Old 04-26-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Hugs
TB
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jay - I agree with Fandy, too and also about a 2nd opinion. As far as starting the slate clean, I think your mental stability has to be maintained, somehow, and now is also not a good time.

Though totally different, my cousin is severely autistic and was on a lot of medication because she is extremely hyper and showed out, big time. Last year, when I was up there, they were weaning her off of all her medicines but it wasn't all at once. I think one or two were weaned down and then stopped, then more, but it was done very slowly - over months I think. I have no idea if this is a possibility but it may be something you can ask your doctor.

Chic and Venus - love the horse with corsage - both of them. I wish I'd gotten a picture of Cody when he had part of a rose branch stuck in his mane that went between his eyes down to his nose

Sounds like "grandpa" has declined, the sister I've been talking to canceled her out of town trip and hasn't been answering her phone. I did leave her a message.

I went to Verizon to find a way to get more data/internet at the house. Got a tablet on sale, bluetooth keyboard (that I'm slowly learning to type on) and am paying $10 for another GB, got one more for free as well as a free case. I just realized it takes pictures, too Just can't deal with having to curtail my SR time.

Chic - though Tiger's nose was up in the air when I was cooking the steak, he wouldn't eat any of it but Sam sure did!!!! Mots isn't in to people food. He hasn't come out of the room yet, but I hope he will soon.

Dropped all the paint and other hazardous stuff off today - thought it was going to take a long time, but itt was quick and fast. The guys unloading my car mentioned "wow, you seem happy - love to see a happy face" and I said "I'm almost ALWAYS happy - life is short, gotta enjoy it when you can!" Okay, so I CAN be a total grump or in a funk, but have been doing really good lately.

TOD - Bev was wanting to put the house on the market by June, but the market is still in a slump. M, the C's granddaughter who teaches the K-9s was over and bought all the crates. She told Bev her hubby is a real estate agent and even if she didn't use him, he'd be able to tell her whether it's best to put it on the market soon or wait.

Love to all and extra prayers for those who need them!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good afternoon TB! And to everyone else!

It's a stormy day here. I hope they've all passed us now.

TOD