Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts your way Ames ~ a new job is about to fall into your lap.
Huge hugs sweetie!!! ♥

I'm so sorry about Mr C. Just glad you were there.

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Have we ever made it to 25 pages without reaching 500 posts? I think not. How impressive...

Who wants to do all my stuff for me today? Anyone? It's really funnnn...
Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I don't think we have, Jay. I didn't know, until a while ago, that you could change the number of posts displayed on a page or something, but i left mine alone.

Are you working at the vet's today?

Mr. C is like the energizer bunny this morning. Daughter has call into his Dr.

Dad's van is doing good so far, so hope it continues.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-12-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thanks for thinking of me. The depression lifted 2 days after the anniversary.

I am trying to develop a better closer relationship with my daughter. She can be difficult. A real pill at times. But we talked on the phone for over 2 hours last night. She did tell me near the end that she had been and was drinking wine. I hate to hear that, of course, but she did say she limits herself because she is well aware of addiction running in both sides of the family. the grandsons are doing well. The oldest who had the heart surgery is pretty well recovered and will be able to play soccer and tennis when school resumes. Turns out he is an exceptional computer whiz. He specializes in hacking: roll eyes. He took their router apart and set it up for him and his friends for their favorite game amongst many other modifications to anything he can get his hands on. The youngest is an extraordinary reader. He is 6 years old and helps tutor others in his class.

Her dad is at home recovering but he is very upset and emotional. He will almost certainly lose his job and it's the truth to say his wife is all about money. He was already upset and crying at the hospital and she just made it worse. Daughter Dayna lost her temper and yelled at her a couple of times.

She has a HUGE garden, I am so jealous!

I cannot convince her to take Relpax..only once a month...for her migraines. She says she is opposed to all prescription meds taken regularly other than antibiotics when clearly needed.
She is willing to see a counselor but her husband, not so much. She confessed to extreme anxiety which I did not know she struggled with.
Her husband has high blood pressure but will not take his meds. She researched and found that hibiscus tea is more effective than the pills. It's bitter but she puts honey and a couple of fruits in it.

I blew it with the shiny sinks. So much for saying that 28 days makes a habit! Only thing to do was clean it back up again and get back on the horse. I still have tons of sorting and cleaning to do. Got to get it done so we can put out bug killer again. I much prefer the bombs as they penetrate and permeate everything but David wants to go the cheaper route (we have to stay in a motel for 2 days if we bomb the whole house heavily). It won't take long at all to clean up the living room, but the kitchen and bedroom is full of stuff. overwhelming frankly. I will be laundering and giving a lot of clothes to Goodwill. I hated to get rid of stuff hoping some day I might fit in them again, but then I factored in my age and decided that much of it was no longer appropriate for someone of my age.

Yes, the real estate market is still tanked. Daughter told me that their house was appraised at a certain value before when they built but when they went to re-finance it had lost $50,000 appraised value. What a hit! All the extra payments they made were suddenly of no value at all and they lost much of their equity.

Jay, I saw people in night terrors for years, it was horrible...time and meds have made them very rare. I know you weren't asleep or trying to sleep, hopefully they will find meds that will eliminate this symptom.
My daughter took Chantix and it caused her to hallucinate for days. She said it was terrifying.

I adored the 9 year old singing opera. Wow. I had seen the other before and it is amazing as well.

hugs to all!
T
Old 06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Live - Well, you've not kept up your shiny sink and I've totally failed at exercising and eating right for a week. We will just have to get back to it! Sorry your daughter is having problems but really glad to hear the boys are doing well.

I stayed with Mr. C today until 7pm. I ended up fixing him some hamburgers for dinner. DIL from next door walked in, he was grinning ear to ear and said "We're eating hamburger steak and this is my new wife!!!"....sigh.

I finally met the granddaughter-in-law from next door, she's a sweetheart. I mentioned I'd like to get their pit bull to get used to me and take her for walks which would do us BOTH good as they both work and she gets wired up. However, she takes her time getting comfortable with someone.

Just a little while later, human mom and dad came down with the dog. I haven't pet her yet, but did give her treats and she didn't bark at me like she normally does.

Dad's van has been overheating and he's had to pull over several times. Mechanic thinks it's the thermostat, so he paid for it and bratkin went and picked it up for him.

It's been threatening to rain all day, but so far, it's just miserably humid.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

FYI

Starting Monday I will become rather scarce for the next couple months. I am shutting off my internet and cell service to save some money. I will be able to check in periodically, but not nearly as often as I do now. No worries, everything's fine, just need the money for other things right now. I'll be back up and running soon enough.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

We will miss you very much.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Live View Post
We will miss you very much.
I'll miss all of you too!

I feel like I'm going to get really bored, or frustrated, not sure which will come first...lol. There are only so many things you can do outside, not to mention when you can't drive anywhere legally, that limits you even more. I get my license back soonish though! I'm excited. I'll be seizure free six months shortly.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Jay ~ your cell service as well? So Ames won't be able to contact you, or Sue, and you won't have a phone to call anyone? I understand money issues, but I am worried about you being isolated love.

V xx
Old 06-13-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Jay - though I don't like the no cell service, I am sure you aren't doing this without having thought it through and knowing how to get hold of someone if needed. I will definitely miss you, but admire that you can do it. I had a hard enough time losing my satellite TV!

YAY on almost six months seizure free!!! Is that when you can legally drive again? I know, down here, at one time it was two years!

Been feeling yucky thus afternoon, so just snuggling with Mots. I heard Tiger come in and eat some of Mots's fat cat food

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Venus - how is little Vee doing?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Little V is OK...no idea why she was so sick, but it seems to have abated.
Big V is a bit of a wreck though...I'm struggling with depression right now.
My usual remedies have not worked.

V xx
Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Venus I just realized I haven't taken my anti-depressant in a few days. Oops. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Afternoon Hen House!

Jay: It sucks when we have to do w/o to survive. Been there way too many times myself. Thankfully I'm past those days now. Something like 40 years before it though! You have richness beyond the dollars though! Never forget that!

Hello to everyone else!

TOD
Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Jay, I will have withdrawals not hearing from you Please, maybe check in with ames, once in a while, to let us know how you are doing. You are like family to me
Old 06-13-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

didn't realise you were here Amy - I just started a new part
< Mr Magoo lol

Join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-56-a.html

D