Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Lauren, why would you need to stop loving your son? He is more than his mistakes- we all are. He's your son, and always will be. You love him , unconditionally.

I am sorry your hubs is having health issues to the forefront again. Stress does such damage to our bodies and minds.

I bet you would love to not be the strong one for a while.....
Old 05-06-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Sorry Chic..today I feel broken.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I have felt that way at times. I have said it to my son, at times. Of course, later I always feel so horrid, and apologize. He says he knows I did not mean it. It has been when he has been drunk, damaging something, and making me hate my life. Its terrible keeping secrets like I do at times.
but life is not always pretty and neat. There are many who deal with much worse things, but I am not always strong or mature. my boundaries stink. and I can be verbally abusive to him when I am pushed beyond what I can bear. anger. I hate drugs too, and alcohol.

sometimes it stinks to be a mother.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I get you too sweetheart..thank you.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Are you ok, Lauren? I did not mean to hijack your post. just wanted to say I get you too.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

chic and lauren ~ you are both WONDERFUL mothers!!!

I cannot stress this enough. (((hugs)))

V xx
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Venus, you are always so supportive... I only hope that you love your self as much as you love others, even more. You are always there for everyone.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Let us just say that I approve of myself these days, and I treat myself much more lovingly than I used to.

It is wonderful to be able to be there for people I care about.
I meant it when I said I am blessed.
And very very lucky that I am still around to be the person I truly am.

V xx
Old 05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

You are a sweetie pie.

I am glad you are still around, too. so are a lot of people!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I'm fine Chicory..you didn't hijack anything..I needed to let it out and I did.

Don't fret for me.

hugs to you and all reading

lauren .. just a bad day..although I had a great walk today..
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I am glad you had a nice walk, anyway.
I am learning to focus on, and revel in the good things that happen each day, to give the bad stuff less time in my head.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Man! What a day out on the town this turned out to be! It takes me 45 minutes to get to the Army Base. I get my ciggies and back out to the car I go! Make it back out to the Freeway and I'm headed to Wal-mart. Twenty minutes into the drive all I see is brake light city. Instead of a quick trip? I'm stuck on the Freeway for an hour. Inching along like snails! In a 5-speed Standard of all things. I love my Standard, but it's a pain in the butt when there is major traffic jams. I get close to my exit, put my blinker on and start to pull into the middle lane. The Van in the far right lane decides to take the middle lane right at that moment too. I slam on my brakes to keep from hitting her. Then she stops to let another car move into the middle lane in front of her. I don't think she ever saw me - the Duffus! I see her busy talking with a passenger and waving her hands all over the place! The semi driver that slowed to let me in the middle lane, is shaking his head from side to side at the wonder of it all.

I finally made it to Wal-mart and go inside. I have to return two Vanilla Slimfast containers for two chocolate ones. There's several ppl in line ahead of me. The man directly in front of me turns and starts talking to me. Come to find out! He's from NJ! He delivers cars to dealerships. It was his first time in AR! We ended up doing a lot of laughing and joking while waiting. I finally walked up to the counter and set my two slimfast containers down and said I was just exchanging them. I went and got two more and came back. The line was even longer then, so I just set them down and said I'd be back. That was around 6:00 pm. I made it back to the counter at 9:00 pm! I walked up to the counter, pointed at the slimfast after saying hello to the cashier lady since we've talked a lot in the past. Told her they were mine and stepped back so she could finish with the guy she was helping. Before I could step forward? This woman rushed up to the counter to both our surprise and started sounding like Chatty Cathy! Going on and on about a shirt she was returning. The lady at the register was trying to hurry and felt bad she didn't get to me before the lady rushed in. When I finally got to step forward? I told the lady at the register it was okay. I said; "I dropped these off at 6:00 pm. A look of surprise crossed her face. I told her I've already checked out and my ice cream is melting in the cart! No biggie that the woman (which was standing close messing with her bags, in no hurry at all now) couldn't wait her turn!"

While in the store shopping. I went to the bra section to find a new sports bra. My God! Can we say rows and rows of bras. So I went to the woman behind the fitting room counter and asked for her help. Her answer was; "There are too many to even begin to help you find what you are wanting! You'll just have to look thru them!" WWTF? This is the first time I've EVER had this happen in this area of the store! So after another 30 minutes of searching? I finally found something I hope I'll be happy with.

When I got to the milk section? There was a young man, his wife and a tiny baby in the cart. I asked her how old her baby was? She was five weeks old. I laughed and said my baby will be 34 in July. Then continued talking to her. Her husband suddenly looked up and said; "Wait a minute! How old did you say your daughter is going to be?" I told him 34 again. He shook his head and said; "You don't look old enough to have a daughter that age in a very serious voice!" I did the thing with my head from side to side and laughed. I told him Thank You!

I'm tired of washing Maria's small baby blankets to keep a clean one for her to sleep under. She has two. So I went to the baby section and bought her five more. Now she has little pink blankets for sleeping under. I handed one of them to Jethro where he is sitting on the floor with his back up against the couch. Maria is on the couch with her head hanging over his shoulder. He put the blanket over her and oh the cute little sounds she started making. She knows she's spoiled and takes full advantage of it! LOL

Venus: I would have gladly taken you along with me. Would have even bought you a new pair of comfortable shoes with inserts for your sore feet!

Amy: My trip today cost me $730.00! I'm sure there will be another $200.00 to $300.00 spent before the end of the month too.

And as for Jethro sleeping on the couch last night? He said tonight I'll be sleeping on my side of the bed with the fan! LOL I told him I wouldn't be sleeping in the bedroom tonight and for him not to worry about it. I keep telling him when he gets rid of his snoring, kicking, hitting and passing gas? I'll start sleeping with him again. He started to argue with me and I said! Record yourself snoring and then sleep with the noise tomorrow night. Then you let me know how I'm supposed to sleep thru that? He didn't say another word.

TOD
Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Having more test done tomorrow. Aorta scan and Doppler carotid. I have a second opinion appointment with the new knee doctor on the 16th.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thinking of you TB love ~ hope it all goes well. (((hugs)))

V xx
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Lauren, there is no heart ache like that that a child from our womb can cause, no matter the age.

There's an african proverb to the effect that a child is your heart walking around outside your body.

You, too, Chicory, a loving mother in a double bind.

All the best wishes on your tests, TB.

TOD, the books I mentioned are fiction. I read some really nerdy non-fiction too but chose not to suggest (yet) my best recommendations from that category.

I read A LOT of crime thrillers too, Amy. If your dad passes by ******* again I can send you trash bags full.

I splurged on a hardback by Greg Iles Natchez Burning. It's almost 800 pages and I went into withdrawal with the last page. It is the first of a trilogy and I am moaning, how long must I wait for part 2? Tho I am not putting it on my official recommended list. It deals with the civil rights atrocities and those perpetrators now in their old age and it being passed down to the next generation. And the very few left who care what happened and want to tell the stories and find justice. But boy, is it a page turner, I sacrificed several hours of sleep.

I am doing laundry so....I can say I am getting something done while I consume my reading addiction. I wish I could truly afford it and order only books I choose..but my next trip will be to the salvation army to raid them.

I sure wish I would find my KINDLE!!!!!

Chicory, To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my daughter's favorite books.

My de-cluttering is going slow. I am simply going to have to get rid of some major things that I really don't want to. I've stayed faithful to the shiny sink and wiping the bathroom down.

AFTER I check out Mr Iles website and his link to a real life journalist working on a non fiction book about this era and his website.

Time to put in another load.

((((Venus))))
Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I tried to post, earlier, from the C's but as soon as I hit "post quick reply" button, it lost the signal.

Lauren - I don't think anyone the majority of parents could or should ever stop loving their child (unless they were really bad parents and never showed love). I'm sorry you've been having a tough time, here lately. I'm also sorry hubby is not one to talk - I agree, most men don't. My dad is the opposite - he wants me to be the listener of everything and I have done well at breaking that habit. He's even going back to al-anon again.

TB - glad testing and 2nd opinion are scheduled soon - not months away. Keeping you in my prayers.

TOD - You can have your "town day" - I don't think I've ever spent more than an hour in walmart and that was this last time I had my prescriptions changed to that store and they weren't familiar with my dr.

Jay - I'm glad you're enjoying work but really wish you could sleep at night.

Live - Dad is in a work slump and everyone he works with is the same. I'll make sure I let you know if he heads up your way again. I'm reading one that's a crime drama but also sci-fi (which I normally don't like) and it's really good. I'm about half way through the 1100+ pages. Hope you can find your Kindle. I'm rather attached to my Nook

Good day, today. Mrs. C and her daughter went to the hospital and SIL is doing much better than we had heard, though still quite sick. They also went grocery shopping and came back with a ton of food.

Got home and I could hear burros. After they attacked Cody, last time, and the fact I couldn't see him worried me. I took my trusty baseball bat with me, worried about snakes (not sure a bat would help) and walked way out back. Cody was standing there just ignoring me.

He finally bolted into a run, realizing I must have come to tell him there was a bit of food. He stopped on the path, and the only way I could get around him was go behind him, and I will NOT do that. He finally turned, was behind me and nudging me in my back to get a move on.

Stopped by a little store to get the cats more tuna, and some woman was in the back of a cop car cussing her head off. The cop shut the door and muttered his own cusswords and was picking up items of clothing. I found a belt on the other side of a car and gave it to him.

Clerk said lady had been cussing her out, wanting to buy all kinds of beer and energy drinks. She said "I've been cussed out but NEVER like that".. Said woman was butt nekked in the cop car. Some other guy was telling the 2nd cop crew that someone was selling stuff from the back of his truck (tools?) with questionable ownership?

This is a tiny gas station in the middle of nowhere. I got in my car, smiled that the days of me hiding from cops at the store or anywhere else are long, long gone.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I'm usually not in Wal-mart that long either. But thanks to the hold up at exchange and spending time looking for the right bra (Like the ones I already have) and I will be returning the ones I got! I was in there longer than usual. I also wasn't in any hurry either. Lots of employees talking to me too.

Anytime in the past that I had horses? I bought carrots, apples and sugar cubes to give them as treats. Just a suggestion for Cody!

It's been a long day! Got a lot done too! I'll not need rocking to sleep deeply tonight! Jethro brought supper home and then stretched out in the living room floor on his back right after he finished eating. He was snoring within two minutes. I wish I could go to sleep that quickly. I don't dare slow down for any length of time. I'd be asleep myself in no time. LOL I'm 3 hours away from being up for 36 hours. I still have kid stuff to do before I can get in the shower and then think about going to bed. Then I have to get up early to take Dorothy back to the Vet in the morning!

So! I better get busy and get unsettled from my chair here!

TB: Wishing you lots of good news from the doctor tomorrow!

TOD
Old 05-07-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

(((TB)))) prayers for good news tomorrow. love to mama and Q, too.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good afternoon HH

Tests went well, now the waiting game. If these test comes back normal next month I will have the induced heart stress test. If I pass that one with flying colors that means my heart is strong enough to go on the new hep-c medication. Now, if I have to have surgery on my knee that will hamper me going on the hep-c treatment. Big decision ahead of me, i'm taking it one day at a time.

Mama and Q are doing fine. I took them both to get bath and haircuts, they both smell like peaches.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

TB: YAY on the test results! Why don't you ask your doctor which would be better as far as the Hep C treatments? Is there a department at the hospital you use that does the treatments specifically that might be able to give you answers? Do the research online too. I'm sure there are tons of reviews out there for ppl that have been in this situation!

TOD