Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Chicory! I KNOW you are happy Mother's Day on the flower end of things has come and gone! Now you breathe easier! Jethro picked mom up yesterday at the Church and took her to Wal-mart with him. She went on and on about the flowers we sent her! She also gave him my homemade quilt to bring home too. It's just beautiful!

TB: You are getting quiter and quiter on us! Prayers going out to you friend!

Amy: I catch the "Bones" show here and there. Sometimes I'll catch them showing back to back and watch a bunch of them then!

Live: I spent a weekend in PA years ago! Saw lots of horse drawn buggies and the beautiful things the Amish make! Went thru Hershey town too. The air smells of chocolate. I swear a person could gain 10 pounds just sniffing the air! LOL
I'm going to whisper this to you! "Make something shine - other than body parts"! LOL

Jay: Thanks for listening to my Owl videos and letting me know what they were doing! I really enjoyed standing there listening to them so close to the house. I heard them again, but they had moved further out.

Venus: You're awful quite too!

Norty: How's it going in your new Home?

It poured buckets all night long here! There will be a lull today and then it starts again tonight! The wind has arrived with it as well!

TOD
Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good grief, I called Tiger Skipper last night... He doesn't really care what he gets called as long as he can lay in front of a window and look out and is fed.

Chic - I know you are some happy proms and mothers day are over!

My days are still starting off with 100% humidity and sunshine. Mrs. C and I may go walk around their Lake, as I need to find more walking opportunities.

Mots actually slept all night in his harness. I was totally amazed and he was quite an acrobat and drama king while trying to put it on him but actually calmed down.

Mr. C is quite confused, today and we are waiting on people who died years ago, looking for keys he or she lost months ago, etc.

Gotta run before he gets into something else.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-13-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

bwahahahahaha

I cleaned the filter on the a/c yesterday and scented it with lavender.

Today is undetermined.

I have lived around the Amish areas in a couple different areas. One had a 6 lane highway.
I watched the Amish buggies and then I watched the cars racing from stoplight to stoplight.
I sat and pondered how ridiculous we must look to them.
It was an insight into patience that has stuck with me ever since.

LOVE amish buffets. <3 gluttony at it's finest.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Live - LOVE lavender scent, have a candle in my bathroom of it. Mrs. C grows it, I just have to find cheesecloth to put it in - couldn't find it in the grocery store but she gave me more ideas.

I will not repeat all that I put on whiners of the fitbit group, but I walked and walked. I got a bumblebee down my bra! I met the people setting up filming of the Walking Dead at the park I went to walk at. Saw no snakes, but lots of butterflies - my mama loves me

Broke my record for steps on my fitbit but it was 85 degrees with 60+ humidity and I asked the guy at a store if I could hang out in his freezer.

When I kissed Mr C on top of his head and told him I loved him (my daily thing) he didn't say "I love you, too) as normal, he patted my butt I hope this is not going to turn into what I went through with D but Wil deal with it if it does.

Mrs. C and I walked around the path around the lake. She showed me the kind/size stick I need for snakes and taught me a lot. Good time for us.

Her SIL has to leave the hospital by medicare/Medicaid rules. The angry daughter? and Ben have told all the family to Please call me for help if needed. There is no extra insurance, out of pocket? I am WAY cheaper than agencies and I'm "family" - that is what they tell me all the time.

I was texting to Jay, last night, about how I was worried how I'd pay rent after June (that's paid through) and he reminded me that something has always worked out. He's right. Nothing like having a youngun repeat the words you've said to them.

That's why I love this thread. We've all been through so much and it doesn't matter the age, experience, whatever...we have each other's back most of the time. When there are conflicts? It's rare, it's different personalities but Dee or Anna always take care of it.

Let me just say, if it weren't for the hh and whiners and my friends here? I'd probably be a basket case. Instead, I'm going out to snuggle with Sam (he doesn't care about catnip, btw) and enjoy the view. I'm praying I will be able to stay here as long as possible.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-13-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I have my next 2 dresses picked out, they are ankle length so I have that covered. pun intended.

so, ok, I ran to shine something. Upfront, I cheated. I picked the one horizontal space in my house that stays pretty much uncluttered and cleared off and would take less than 5 minutes....the kitchen countertops, sink and stovetop and windexed it. started the dishwasher.

I will try to do something that actually counts later today.

a bumble bee in the bra. OMG I would have flipped out!

Pretty cool running into that filming, it's really intriguing to watch. I had the chance once and it was a neat experience. Wish I would have gone back more, in retrospect.

It just started thunderstorming here. Wonder if it will break the heat or just make the humidity worse.?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Live: LOL I've been hearing on "The Doctor's Show" several times now to use the Lavendar scent to help us relax and to use it in our bedrooms to help us sleep!

I've watched a few of the Amish shows where the ones are fighting each other for the power over who keeps control in the neighborhood! Some strange goings on there!

TOD
Old 05-13-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Live - they weren't actually filming where I was, but the show is filmed in this area. Bumblebee in the bra? Yeah, not fun

I haven't done anything around the house in a few days, so must focus on that tomorrow, BUT I just broke my step record and went over 10,000 steps. I ran out to feed Cody, danced in the kitchen/laundry room to country music and voila

Dad is supposed to be sending me another book on my Nook, so I will start it later if I'm still awake. Busy day but a pretty self-centered one and that I can't do every day. I have lots of vacuuming and dusting to do.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Live: You cheated? Cheater Cheater Skeeter gonna gett'er! LOL I've already said what all I shined on the other thread! I ran circles around ya while you set there with your feet propped up!

The rain that we've had and still more to come has really dropped the temps here! Had to turn the damned heat bulbs back on for Magnum and Marvin!

Amy: I bought a few of the cheese cloths at wally world a couple years ago! Or better yet? Just order them off the internet!

I just learned off a show last night why butterflies land on us? They are eating the salt off our skin when we sweat!

Man! I hate how the Insurance dictates how long we can stay in a hospital. Maybe after she's out one day, she can go back in and start the clock all over again?

TOD
Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

TOD -Thanks for the info on the cheesecloth. As far as the butterflies? They never land on me, they just flutter around and often follow me. They are symbols of my mom in my mind and nothing will change that.

I just reached a new level with the fitbit! A bit worried that I have very little appetite and am trying to walk like crazy, but have a great group of SR/fitbit people to ask questions and get advice.

Chic - I got the fitbit on sale. Yes, it's not cheap but it's really great at making you want to walk more (or dance, in my case). I waited, quite a while to order it, but I'm really glad I did. My health is important, and so is yours. It's also improved my attitude, so think about it. Email me if you have questions.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-13-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

hmmmm, the only show I have ever seen with the Amish is the very old movie with Harrison Ford (hubba-hubba) "The Witness" They might even have been Mennonite.

so, what shows are you referring to? If I can get them on Netflix or basic Infinity or hulu I would watch them.

Interesting trivia about the butterfllies!

I just took a cold shower, I will move more when it cools off later.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Live - back when I had a lot of channels, there were several shows about the Amish. Don't get those channels any more.

I finally broke my goal of 10,000 by 745 steps! Not bad for someone who has been doing this less than a week. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to walk but I am determined.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Amy cheesecloth = Dollar Stores..use it all the time.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Whoops.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

David called to order us a pizza last night.
I heard him place the order, give our phone number,
then I heard him say:
It's right there in your purse, check your wallet.

His answer to credit card number.
All 3 of us totally broke up laughing and even the delivery guy was amused and friendly.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I did not intend on taking anything away from your beliefs on the butterflies! They land on Jethro a lot. I saw on the show Catching Monster Fish the guy talking about all the butterflies landing on himself due to the salt they were eating off his skin!

Would it be possible to make a deal on buying the RV for you to live in later on? Seems Bev and T might be willing to do just that for ya!

Live: The show is Amish Mafia! Here's a preview link for ya to view!
amish justice show - Bing Videos

TOD
Old 05-14-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
TOD -Thanks for the info on the cheesecloth. As far as the butterflies? They never land on me, they just flutter around and often follow me. They are symbols of my mom in my mind and nothing will change that.
I always think of you when I see butterflies! I got a shower curtain covered with them. They are so lovely. I have noted over time that you have seen them most when you needed to momma's know.

Chic - I got the fitbit on sale. Yes, it's not cheap but it's really great at making you want to walk more (or dance, in my case). I waited, quite a while to order it, but I'm really glad I did. My health is important, and so is yours. It's also improved my attitude, so think about it. Email me if you have questions.
Funny, you read my mind, as I was thinking about it before I got to this post. maybe I will watch and see. I really need to do something. I am totally uninspired.

Love that Jay comment to you! Yes, it makes you think.... we need to practice what we preach

God has your back, and your rent is paid through June. something will work out. A lot of people, and connections, care about you, Amy.

I think you should enjoy each day, in your place. You are there and its lovely, let it soothe your soul. Something will work out, it always does! ((((jay))))

much love!
Old 05-14-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Live and David
Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good afternoon HH

Primary doctor today, the tests came back normal. Got two prescriptions, one for c-pap replacement mask and hoses, and the second for a new walker with a seat. I see the knee doctor on Friday for a second opinion. I hope I get better news this time around.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 05-14-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

TB - YAY on normal results!! Another prayer answered

TOD - I read my response and I really didn't mean to indicate that you don't understand my butterfly belief - sorry about that.

Chic - for someone who has been really sedentary for quite a while, the fitbit is really a good motivator, plus we have a fitbit Group with just SR folks, as well as the thread here. I need to get in another 527 miles to reach my 10,000 step goal.

I did NOT want to put the money out for it, but I also know activity is highly recommended to prolong or prevent a whole lot of ailments, so I got it.

Live - Love David's comment

Today was good, though still very, very humid. Mr. C was Really tired, did get him bathed though. DIL was down, and we agreed to walk after I got off. She had to take her daughter to a friend's so, I drove to the park and all trails were closed Oh, and it's not Walking Dead that's filming, it's Robert Redford in Walk in the Wild or something like that. I'd love to see him!

Anyway, she and I walked down the road that the C's live on and at least got a couple of miles in and lots of good talk. Bev had told me if I ever needed something prayed for? DIL is the one. I told her of my concerns about another job, so we prayed and walked. She just HAD to thank God for bringing me into their lives. Now THAT is awesome, considering where I used to be.

I'm going to her daughter's concert on Thu. night, have been invited to a great-granddaughter's graduation next week. The next night is graduation for bratkin's cousin and dad and I are planning to go. I haven't seen her since she was little, but it means a lot that we were invited - a sign that bratkin's bio-dad's family wants to include us. Him? Not sure about but everyone is aware to keep a watch out except his fiance and she can just deal with it.

I;ve got to walk another 427 miles to meet my goal. I'd Never imagine doing 10,000 steps in a day a week ago.

Mots and Tiger are chilling in the kitchen. Had to put down double-sided tape at the dining room door to deter Tiger from scratching at it.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
I;ve got to walk another 427 miles to meet my goal. I'd Never imagine doing 10,000 steps in a day a week ago.
I could never imagine walking 427 miles in a day... . Good luck. I believe in you.

((TB)) - I am happy that you have received good news on your test results. I hope the second opinion you receive is also good news.

HHers, it is likely I will call upon you in a time of desperation sooner or later in the coming months as I go forward with a taper schedule now that school is ending for the semester... just be aware. I have decided that if this is what will most likely yield the fastest and most accurate fix (how bad does that sound?) then however horrible it will be...it will be over with sooner. It will all be done under a doctor's care and my therapist's close eye...but still. None of you are responsible for me, obviously, but you all know me better than I know myself sometimes and I feel "safer" here than I do with some other places/people. That said, I also have Ken, Sue, and Kirby behind me too. I have to trust that no one (including myself) will let me go too insane without intervention...