Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-18-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning (((chicory))) morning HH!

Big Day. I'm having over the phone Interview with unemployment today. Wish me luck. Have a blessed day everyone.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

((TB)) - Mega prayers that the phone interview goes well and you get the UE soon!

((Chicory)) - Spending time with ((Jack)) seems like SO much fun!!

Dad's letting me use his card to fill the car up with gas, and am going to get a bag of lollipops Am supposed to watch the movie "return of the titans" for my management class, am going to see if I can rent it somewhere for cheap. Tried to get it on Netflix but it's DVD only and the assignment is due Wed.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

((((TB)))) you know I am wishing and praying that your ue comes through soon. sooner than that, really. been keeping you in my wish place, waiting for good things. please let us know how it went. loved the mamas and papas.

(((Amy))) you can get them free at the library. if they have it. i do that all the time. you just need something that shows your address. a bill , or something.

the other day, a woman came in to order balloons for a walk for a place called Sojourners. it is a home for recovering addicts/alcoholics. i mentioned i had looked into it, for my son, once. but they have to want to quit drinking. she seemed so concerned about my son. offered help. offered some guys to come talk to him. to maybe get him going to meetings. i told her that i felt he knows, but does not want to admit it. once, he shocked me by saying he did not want to go to meetings with those "losers". my son never talks about any one that way. i mentioned that to her, and we sort of laughed , for that is common for a's to say that about AA. she looked me in the eye, and said that she has 24 years sober. we both ended up teary eyed, because it seems there is a bond somehow, when others know what you are going through, and understand. she gave me her card, and offered to help in any way.
who knows, maybe this is my HP at work. just meeting her was awesome. bless her, for her work, for others. she gives so much of her time to help others to find life. God bless her. and all recovering a's and addicts. and those who are not yet.

i really wish i could get my son to go to AA. i believe that eventually, he would have to admit he has a problem. i believe he knows it. think of what awesome friends he would make there. recovering folks have big hearts. sure seems the case here at SR and the HH. God guided me here. Think of all that has happened, just because I have found this place. I am so thankful, for that ,and for my loved ones here.

Thinking of you all tonight. wishing i could give each of you a great big hug. (((Tod, Amy, Timebuster, Joe, Jay, TPA, Cangel2, Med, Norty, 40 Thieves, WindySan,Lenina,JTM, Kelsey))) and if i forgot anyone, forgive me.. i am so tired, my eyes are crossing.
come on Thursday. last day before vacation.

(((Med)))) sending love to ya, miss you so much. you too ((((40))))
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - totally cool that you met that lady. Who knows what may become of it?

I was able to get the movie from a site for $1.99 and it really was a good movie. Dad and sm brought home sub sammiches from Publix, Elvis is eating all my roast beef. Got my car filled up with gas and a big bag of lollipops, thanks to dad. If I can get these assignments done may do a few stores on Wed. Don't know exactly how many I can do but it's not a lot.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

((((hens&roosters)))

Just a quick check in. I swear, the single most important thing to be done for mental health is to laugh. Often. My friend who is a few days ahead of me travel-wise left a can of those toasted almonds I like at the front desk. he knows I'm too polite to not open it right there and offer the desk staff a taste. LOL. dang if he didn't set me up! LOL One of those springy snake things flew out! We laughed our heads off. I feel so much better but now must plot a rejoinder. LOL

(((Cangel))) I am pretty calm most of the time. I have a very bad temper but it's something I've worked on for years, not acting out on my anger. this has been a gift of sobriety for me.

(((Amy))) Congrats on the no smoking! The lollies help! And I second (((chicory's))) advice about checking with the local library for DVD or CDs. it's free!

(((joe))) We are so lucky to have our good friends, huh? I'd never makes it without them! reaching out works! Just beware of almond cans bearing snakes. LOL

((((TB))) Our ray of sunshine, how did your interview go? Please let us know. I have limited and dodgy Internet but I try to read in.

Much love to all the hens and Roosters, present and MIA. ((((JayBird))). Special thoughts your way!

Lenina, who cowers before no one!

PS. (((TOD))) I will get those spoons in the mail before the end of summer! LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

((TB)) So...how did it go?? Hopefully you didn't miss the call like I did...whole different take on patience that scenario. Anyway, I am just going to trust that all went well for you ... as it should!! (loved your Sinatra post by the way...man love his voice...like silk)

((Chicory)) Isn't it great how we run into who and what we need in life...just in those moments when we are open.

Went to my first dance class tonight; so much fun! College age kids, old folks, in between folks...just a huge mix of ages and types. You get to mix it up and dance with everyone. My absolute favorite partner was a young guy (there with his older brother who might have been 20..so he was like 17?) who is a natural! Man he studied and calculated the steps first time around and by the time I went one time around the circle a second he was comfortable and fluid. Older guys are looking for dates.....younger guys are looking to dance! I'm hanging out with the younger crowd!

At any rate it felt good to move my body. ((Amy)) gotta tell you I usually find the key to painless stopping of smoking involves activity. One of the reasons I signed up for the dance class (community college - cheaper than cheap!). Hope stopping is going well for you....what is your favorite lollipop flavor by the way? I find taking big deep breaths helps too; sort of a break without the smoke. But I trust you probably have a ton of better tools for dealing with this up your sleeve than I could ever think of. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and encouraging you!

So...end of "holiday" tomorrow....outplacement appointment and career counseling one - on - one scheduled. I should be grateful, thankful etc etc...I know. Sigh...just a little sad to have to jump back in. As a show of rebellion...I am wearing my flip flops! Ha ..... Executive in Flip Flops....let them figure out how to market that.....Ok....maybe not....or maybe....I haven't decided but really leaning that way!!!!!!

Cheers all.....little quiet here lately.....must be the warmer weather and maybe everyone is just a little more settled...(wild bunnies aside of course)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Glad you got to LAUGH

((cangel)) - I don't have a favorite flavor yet on the lollipops. I would have really liked to have gone for a walk today, even get on the treadmill but my ankle is really hurting again.

I did manage to get two assignments done and watched the movie but thoughts are pretty scattered. Hopefully it will get better the longer I'm away from the nicotine.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Wild bunnies outside?????? Where?????????? Lol lol lol
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh! Here's the wild bunny. Eating out of the food bowl, right beside my foot!

Love ya'll

TOD
Old 06-19-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

You say goodbye, I say hello. You say goodnight, I say good morning HH!!

Well, it took less then ten minutes and the interview was completed. The main questions who was your immediate supervisor, how long did you work there, what date you was let go, why where you let go and are you able willing to work. Of course I said absolutely yes ( you all no I can't with my bum knee) another amends down the road. I hate lying but at this point its a matter of survival. The best part I look at my claim online this morning the pending was change to receiving benefits. Your ready for this. I got close to $1,800.00 in there and I can start using the money today. All that money will be going to pay for my back site fee so I will be caught up on rent. Yippeeeee. My higher power is good.

Most of you are asking where is TB lately..lol. Let me tell you. The power of communication is a powerful thing. Having a phone again am able to reach out to other recovering addicts from the fellowship. My Sponsor put me in touch with a recovering addict from another meeting who has a cleaning company and he was planing on going on vacation and needed someone to drive the cleaners to there cleaning jobs during the course of the day. We made a deal for payment. He paid for my car insurance and I would drive his employees to there jobs. Not a bad deal if I may say so myself. Friday will be my last day so I will be able to be back here full time and break everybody chops again..lol. There is more to be reviled but I will leave it for another day. You say goodbye, I say hello.

Hugs and love to all.
TB
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Sarge, cute bunny, but you need a new pair of sneakers...lol

Love ya
TB
Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

((((TB)))). I am so very happy for you!! Congrats on keeping the faith! Yes, my experience has also been more is revealed!

This news is a great start to my day!!

Much love to my dear Rooster!

lenina
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: Well GOOD! Glad you are back on the up and up!

Lenina: So what do you have up your sleeve for retro-action against your friend? LOL I bet you were startled out of your stupor when that snake popped out. I read your post to Jethro and he just started laughing.

Don't be talking about my tenie sneaks! LOL They are too comfy to replace. I have two pairs of back support comfies inserted inside of them too. I actually bought a new pair of tenie sneaks to use for getting my VAH inserts sized with. I just prefer the ones I've been showing in the photos. They are holey in places, (free air conditioning) and give me some extra heigth as well. Of course these are the shoes that I end up getting caught on things that trip me up too. I guess when they fall completely apart I'll have to start wearing the other pair or get some more. I just HATE trying on new shoes and clothes. I will absolutely wear the clothes and shoes out before I'm forced to go out and venture for new stuff.

I have a home made robe/house coat I've had repaired several times. I've gotten the same material and have had three made just like the first one each time it passes the NO repair mark. I use the old one for the pattern. My seamstress will cut it up and then lay it out on the new material. She's getting on up there in her age. I don't know what I'm going to do when she's no longer able to make my robes for me.

Jethro was called in to work yesterday to fill in for JB. JB has a friend that lost his son yesterday to foul play. The law is looking for the man that killed him. The victim was found in the Saline river with blunt trauma to the back of his head. It was later reported he had been bashed in the back of the head with the butt of a shotgun. The victim had a very high level of alcohol in his system. It's getting to the point every time I watch the news there are reports of someone being murdered.

There is a lady on CBS This Morning talking about a book she has written. It's about the President and his wife. She did the research on their back grounds. She found out Michelle's relatives were slaves. Then she found out that both of their families are related. Just passing on the story to ya'll.

Okay, I'm heading to bed. Jethro was standing at the coffee pot when I got out of the shower this morning. So I stayed up to see him off to work.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

One more thing before I head out the door for another long day.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake.

Love you all.
TB
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

((TB)) - SOOOO glad the "good stuff" has caught up with you!! I know it had to be very stressful, but you hung in there and it will all work out.

((TOD)) - I just love the little bunnies When I get my money, I will get another pair of sketchers but I'm holding on to the broken in ones. They're not pretty but they sure are comfy.

Got to get busy on the school work. Still not smoking, still a bit irritable but really glad I went from just quitting the cigs because I was out of money to staying quit because I really don't want to smoke any more. Must be recovery because that didn't happen the last time I quit for financial reasons. I was pretty ticked at having to quit --> resentment --> back to smoking.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Heading to NC with some freight in my car. Will check back when I get back

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Awesome that you got your unemployment ((TB))!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

((((TB)))) Oh, God is good !!! I could just cry! I just knew that He had a plan, better than any we could come up with. How amazing, my dear friend, and I am just so happy for you , I know you must be walking on the clouds right now..
How wonderful too, that you were helping out this week. i wondered where you were.

Just sending a big happy hug, and will remember to thank God tonight, for providing for our Preacher Man.

you have made my day,
love ya,
chicory
Old 06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: You didn't tell a white lie about not being able to work. There are all sorts of jobs out there that don't require standing or walking all day. You are helping out with one right now!! Of course these jobs probably don't pay as much as what you were doing previously, but it's a JOB. There are all sorts of delivery jobs out there. Not requiring too much lifting or walking. Most Dealerships need parts runners all the time. Hell! Almost every occupation has parts/document runners. I know of this one woman that made deliveries for banks in her POV.

I know it's a relief to get caught up on your rent. Maybe now you can get you a better computer. Talk to Jethro about that. He knows where to find the good deals. Plus you can get another TV so you can watch it and not have nothing to do. LOL

Glad to read you are in a better frame of mind and doing some smiling these days.

Amy: I probably would have stopped smoking a long time ago too if I didn't have the funds to buy the cigarettes. Plus being able to get them cheaper from the base is an additive as well. I'll probably stop one of these days but I'm not ready. And I know a person has to be ready when they've had enough of it.

Glad you are getting to make a delivery. Once the word gets out there you are doing a good job, you'll probably get more deliveries coming your way. You just might meet the man of your dreams out there while you are out and about. Are you still communicating with the friend on the internet?

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) how is your daughter doing? I have been praying for her too, to be rid of those shingles.

your bunnies are too cute. and your shoes look comfy. heck, if you got spiffy new ones, they would look like that in a week anyway, with all the work on the "Animal Farm"lol

(((lenina))) sweetie, been thinking ofyou, and hope you are getting a bit of rest. dont know what is going on at work, but i wish they would all quit it, and settle down. life is too short to be so stressed at work. not good for you.

(((Jay))) how are you doing sweetie? I miss ya . daughters dane is getting HUGE. my grandaughter loves animals., dogs mostly, then cats, and she is begging for a cameleon (forget spelling), or a gecko. or snake. she often speaks about being a zookeeper. she is 11. she used to kiss frogs, when she was little..lol.