Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Chicory: Now that is one adorable little guy!!! Love the cheeks.....
Old 06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I wish I had ((Jack's)) long and gorgeous eyelashes!! Yeah, those cheeks...I'd want to pinch them

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((cangel))) You have a beautiful daughter there, and the hat is cute too.

(((chicory))) What a cutie. My hair looks like that now..lol Enjoy your time with that precious gift.

(((Amy))) I am so proud of you, how many days has it been now? Keep up the good work.

(((TOD))) Sarge, please say hi to (((Jethro))) for me. And keep the bunny trail moving along.

(((Lenina))) Loved that video. Hot Hot Hot. Its been 98 here for the last two days and no break in site.

(((Joe))) Your the man. How you doing?

(((Jay))) Young brother, how you doing. Love ya.

(((TPA)) I miss you posting. How are you and Hazel holding up?

(((Med))) Still praying you pop in and say hello one day.

Long day hot and tired. One more day of work and I can get back to planing my next life move. Feeding the furbabies and spending a little time with them before hitting the hay. They miss me. See you guys in the morning.

Sweet dreams everyone.
TB
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: My feathers aren't ruffled, silly girl! Maybe a few curly hairs, but no feathers! ROFL I was just astonished you'd even wonder how my kids were fairing around here when I've talked about how good they have it for so many months now on the HH! LOL I've had many a person tell me when they die they are coming back reincarnated as one of my Silkies! I tell them to PLEASE not do that to me.

That Jack is a cutie. Like Amy! I'd love to have his long dark lashes. Mine are long, but so blonde you can't hardly see them. LOL Not fair! Just not fair, I tell ya!

Cangle: And Chickory! I don't have a clue what's going on with these tomato plants! My parents have beautiful plants as well as many tomatos. But the tomatos are getting bad spots on them. Mom thinks dad is giving them too much miracle grow. Dad won't listen to her in order to stop doing it. So I suggested to him he needed to stop giving the plants so much MG. He said he was going to start changing it up. So hopefully my talk with him will get it done. LOL Our plants are very viney. The vines are growing all over the place. The leaves from last year are pretty much all dead and just hanging on the vines. There are a lot of new leaves coming on along with a multitude of tomatos. We've gotten a few bad ones too. I haven't found any of the large worms on the plants though. We have one plant that is really nice looking as to where the other three get more sun and are the viniest most pitiful looking. There is a lot of information out there on google. So just do some research is all I can tell ya to do. I told Jethro I was going to pull those suckers up out of the ground come fall time. BOY! Did I get a LOOK! LOL I'm the one taking care of them and I don't even like tomatos!

TB: It's almost Friday!!!! You can relax again mentally and physically!

Chickory: As for the stray cat. Jethro never pumps the BB gun up to the degree the BB would get embedded into the cat. It's just enough pressure to sting it's butt. He's used the same method on his own cats back when he had outside cats. So don't worry about that. As for their natural thing of doing what they are born to do. There are lots of places BESIDES our yard to do it at. We don't feed the wild birds, but there are plenty around here! If it continues to be a problem. Jethro will probably trap it and carry it off to a new location. Close to ppl, not into never never land.

Yes it's hot here too. And the weather man says there isn't any relief in sight. The 100's are just around the corner. Everyone with gardens better get to watering them daily and plenty of it. The news has been reporting stories from the farmers and ranchers talking about selling their cattle to make ends meet. The farmers produces are also drying up. Which we all know this just makes things more expensive in the stores from having it shipped in for us. I guess I'll be paying the $500.00 utility bills for the rest of the summer. Got to keep the house cooled down. Last months' bill was $400.00!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((TOD)) - I am working a lot, but I'm not really posting much because I have very little to say that's positive so I'm just keeping to my corner... Thank you for thinking of me though.

((Cangel)) - Your daughter is gorgeous and why do model agents hate on short people?? Haha.

((Chicory)) - Have fun with Jack!

((Lenina)) - I tried looking up the geckos but am getting squat. I don't know what the deal is but that's okay, I have Darby to marvel at. The "Taz dog" is doing good, he has gotten big big big.

((Amy, TB, Joe))

It is true that I have been struggling with a few things lately but you all keep me grounded which is good, I have definitely needed that lately. Lots of hugs
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jay: I'm sure there are lots of things you could post about. It doesn't have to be about a specific thing or anybody inparticular! LOL The dust bunny under your furniture. The temperature outside. How you've decorated your place. What goofy things Taz is doing these days. A new hairdo on yourself. No more earrings though, please! LOL What are you eating these days? How much longer do you have on your PO visits? How much has the idiot paid you for stealing your camera gear?

See there are all sorts of things you could post about!

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

((TB)) - Enjoy the snuggle time with the furbabies I'm on day 7 with no smokes.

((Jay)) - So glad to see you posting!

((TOD)) - Ditto on the long blonde eyelashes. I told the brat that if I'm ever unconscious or anything, she has to put my mascara on I should own stock in that stuff!

I'm about to smack the laptop. Word keeps freezing, that's where all my class stuff is. It does it ONE more time and I'm taking it as a sign, shutting down the laptop and calling it a night.

((Love to all))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

(((TOD)))I really dont know what I did to these tomatoes. i never had any that would not bloom. oh well, guess I will visit the farmers market on the weekends. i do have two pepper plants, and they each have a pepper on them, green peppers.

thanks for explaining about the cat. you know how I am.

and honestly, i unthinkingly asked about the silkies and the heat. you know i know they are spoiled. i really just wasnt putting my brain in gear. just making conversation.
well, jack took two hours to fall asleep!!! he was going over his day, in detail. then he said "Gwamaw, gwamaw, gwamaw, gwamaw, gwamaw, well, you get the picture. over and over, and over. then swithed off to something else, then finally he gave up, and all is peaceful.
the cat got out when i watered her garden. caught him tho. mom has called about four times, missing her little man. she just called, and i let her know he is sleeping soundly.

(((Jay))) what is going on? how are things? i worry, when i dont hear from ya. hugs.

(((amy))) awesome on the A! and on not smoking for a week. great job sweetie. I did a thing when i quit, that i believe helped me. i just refused to even think about cigs. pretended I had never smoked. dont laugh, it really did work. hugs honey.

love you guys. bunches. (((tb))) sweet dreams.

hugs
chicory
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) so good to see you here . and good to know we help to keep you grounded. it sure works for me too.
it is gonna be ok sweetie. it really is. just trust in yourself. you are a wonderful person. times are hard right now, i can imagine. just know that you are gonna come out stronger on the other side. you are taking care of yourself. even in these tough times. i am proud of you , and keep you in my prayers. you deserve so much more , and it will come. things never stay the same. change will come, and the crummy stuff right now will be a thing of the past. things sure have been tough for you lately, for sure, but it will change.

love.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

((((JayBird)))). This isn't the pics I was thinking of but it's cute,,,,Singing G-E-C-K-O... Disco-dancing reptiles shake their thang on the dancefloor | Mail Online

it's very hot here too. I'm getting ready to go to work. I'll be on my way home soon!

gotta scoot!

much love to all!

Lenina
Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: Maria is in her box of hay and half of it is on top of her. She's playing momma setting right now. She has her bowl of water and can corn as well as her ice pack for staying cool.

Peaches is in her cardboard box of hay setting inside of her crate. She has an ice pack on each side of her box to stay cool. She's also playing momma setting. She has her bowl of parakeet seeds and bowl of can corn as well as a bowl of water.

Molly is in her crate with a wrapped ice pack, spot of hay in the back if she wants to lay an egg. She has a container of parakeet food and chick starter. She also has her bowl of can corn, shredded cheese, sliced apple and can corn.

Lucy is in her crate covered in hay. She's also playing momma setting on dummy eggs. She has two ice packs, one on each side of her. She has her bowl of parakeet/chick starter food, can corn and water.

Each hen likes or dislikes some of the edibiles in their crates. That's why some get more than the other. Their crates are in a corner in the dining room. They are able to look out here at us in the entertainment room. They have a ceiling fan above them as well as the house AC temp set at 65 to 70 degrees. They go out in the evening when it's cooler to potty, eat bugs, eat parakeet food, bread crumbs, scratch, dust themselves whatever their little hearts desire to do. This is an every day event for them.

So NOW! I don't think any one here on the HH needs to enquire about my Silkies ever again. LOL Sorry, but I just had to post the facts for ya. I can just about guarantee ya'll. They DON'T know what a chicken's life really is.

Jethro and I sprayed the two dogs about 2:30 am for fleas. Poor Sassy was scratching and biting herself, nonstop! Magnum has been romping in the woods for the past two nights. So I know he has way more than he usually would have.

Okay Chick! I'm headed in to take a shower and go to bed. It's 5:30 am. Jethro didn't go to bed until 3:00 am. His fibro is flaring up really bad. TB I told him you said hello! He said to tell you hello too! He's happy to be hearing the good news you've been posting for the past few days.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Hi kids !! All is well down South. Summer is here so I'm beaching when not working. Business is good and I'm happy. Just dropping in to say HAAAAYYYYYYYYYY !

Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

((Windy))!! We've MISSED you but really glad to hear the good update.

((TOD)) - Your mom's spoons are in the mailbox, will go out tomorrow. I'm not sure I put enough stamps on the envelope, but hope so..they don't weigh much at all. I was in a panic - thought I'd lost the PA one but it was in my bag that I take with me on trips.

Remember how I had to squirt water down Elvis's throat for a while? Well, now Mr. Spoiled rotten wants a water bowl on the bedside table, on the filing cabinet AND on the dresser.

Dad things he has his van fixed but he'd alrady turned down a trip for Monday. The brat picked up her wedding dress today. Sm says it's really pretty. Two weeks from tomorrow is the day. Dad says it's about 360 miles to where we'll be going. Will probably take my car so sm can smoke. Yeah, I know..I'M not smoking any more so we could go in her car (dad won't let her smoke in her's) but it's just not that big a deal.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I could have told you it was in your bag! Goofy! I'll keep a watch for the package! Thanks!

Chickory: Since you won't kill ants. Here's an ant story for ya. Jethro and I drove my car to my parents house this past Sunday. On the way back we stopped by Walgreens to get a few things. When I set back down in my car I noticed ants crawling around the door sill area on my car, not the door. I was trying to brush them off and Jethro told me to shut the door so we could leave. So when we got home I got the can of Permethrin spray and sprayed the inside of my car and around both doors.

The following afternoon while walking past my car. I saw it was covered in ants. OMG! Jethro popped open my trunk and told me to get the sprayer with ant poison in it. When I walked around to the trunk. I saw the reason for the ants. Jethro had put some wood in the trunk of my car to use for his grill. WTF? To say the least! I was pi$$ed. I sprayed the inside and outside of my car to kill all the ants. Then Jethro washed my car. I can't count how many times I've told him NOT to put wood in my car for this very reason. I looked in my car this afternoon and I didn't see any crawling around. I sure hope I've killed them all off.

Now! I got a letter from my Attorney today. He has sent the original to the SS office. He is one hell of an Attorney. He has it written in the letter several times my case needs to be remanded. He in no uncertain term has told them they F'ed up on my case and needs to take a better look at what they overlooked in their decision. He has stated either give me my SS or we will see them in court to get it straightened out. Finally some good news. AND! Jethro got a raise today! Whoo Whoo Plus JB gave him $50.00 and told him to take me out to eat. Jethro is now considered JB's right hand man and will be in charge of more around there.

Okay ya'll. Got to take the girls out to potty. I spent an hour outside earlier killing off ant hills. I had to fill the container up four times. I also found a yellow jacket's nest. I'm going to let Jethro kill them. I don't even want to be stung if there's a possibility of that happening.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I seriously wanted to reach through my phone and slap one of the Dee's that's on my team. She is someone who wants to get every assignment done immediately if not before. No problem but she's pushing for us to get something done we don't even know what the damned assignment IS? I finally told her, no, I'm not having a skype meeting tomorrow.

I started chatting with her about other stuff, found out she and her husband have their own business and they also have a really big garden and 23 chickens. I told her about ((TOD's)) silkies, how cute they are walking around the house. She doesn't have silkies, but knows about them and said she had 9 chicks in the dining room that just hatched over the past few days She does have one pet chicken...Padue a buff arlington?

I guess I'm going to be the old cat lady who knows about chickens? Elvis is out of kitten food, not happy about it but I gave him some of my grilled KFC and he's forgiven me...for now.

(((Love to all!!)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

The pet "Padue" would be called a Buff Orpington! They are beautiful golden colored chickens. I've had a few in my days too. I even had one show up from the neighbors house way out in the woods that decided she liked my place better than hers. LOL

TOD
Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Guess the autocorrect changed Padue's breed I'm going to jump in the shower and do my few stores. Getting out of the house and stepping away from the school work will be a good thing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((windy)))

(((norty))) Where is our Alaskan lady? Chime in when you get a chance.

(((TOD))) (((Amy))) We got five Guinea hens living here at the campground. Ugly looking things...lol. They are the pride and joy of Ray the manager of the campground. They wonder through the campground during the day late evening they gather in front of the general store were Ray comes out to feed them. If you don't want to get kick out of the campground you make damn sure you come to a full stop when the hens are crossing the road. When I get a chance I'll try to take a picture of them.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
TB
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: What a coincidence you two are talking about these two breeds of birds! Back when I had over 100 chickens. My dad wanted me to hatch out some guineas for himself. He got two dozen eggs from a neighbor of his. I had a "Buff Orpington" LOL that had started setting. She hatched them out in 28 days. I called dad and told him he had 23 babies. I delivered the babies along with my hen, their mother, to him. I told him I wanted my hen back when she was done playing mommie with her babies.

They are very noisey, ugly birds and quite stupid on top of that. LOL I want no part of them. There are lots of ppl that love their guineas though.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

TOD......how can you not love guineas??? I think they are a riot and look like funny little birds dressed in medieval armor. We use to have them when I was growing up and for some reason they thought it was their job to patrol the front yard - better than a watch dog!! They are noisy though - but I always loved them. I have a couple of ceramic ones at home now just to remind me.....