Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-20-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I got home about 3a.m. Dad was awake (the dog scratching woke him up) and sm was cleaning the kitchen. I just said "hi" and went to my room.

((TOD)) - I was TOTALLY not ready to quit smoking. I quit, once before, because of money...didn't last, I was ticked off the whole time. This time? I don't know. I quit because of money. However, over the past few days, I really do NOT want to smoke. The last day I smoked, dad and I were on the road (I smoke a LOT in a vehicle) and I felt yukky.

Tonight, I spent over 8 hours in my car and though I had the thought of a cigarette AND had money in my pocket (what was left of the $20 dad gave me for lollipops and mustard (we were out)) I had NO desire to buy a pack. I guess it's another version of "play the tape to the end" but I realized that if I got a pack...I'm going to be broke again, and will have to go through this withdrawal ****, so just keep moving forward.

I don't know if it's going to get worse as time goes by, but I'm grateful I have no real desire to smoke. According to my little meter thing, I've already saved almost $20.

I had to wait 2-1/2 hours for the freight to get OFF the flight from Germany. Talked to a few truckers, passed the time. Trying to clean out Elvis's snotty nose, he's not happy, so snuggle time is in order

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

You know Amy! It might benefit you in more ways than one to stay stopped. There are so many places of employment now that don't allow smoking on the premises and really frown on smokers now. Especially in the medical field and property. You not being a smoker could win you a position over another that is a smoker and has the same amount or more experience in the positions field you are applying for. Something to keep you more motivated on this road of recovery.

What the hell is SM doing up at 3:00 am cleaning the kitchen for? Dad must have jumped her butt about the kitchen not being clean and now that he's awake she's cleaning to keep him from being angry with her. She is one strange cookie.

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - I did think of going for an interview and NOT smelling of smoke. Sm is always up in the middle of the night. She is either awake and laying on the couch, or asleep. I have no idea about the cleaning up, am staying out of it.

I'm going to try to get some sleep. Have several assignments left to do before midnight, it's already 4:30 a.m., so Elvis and I are going to bed

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yep! I'm not far behind ya! I had pictures to download from Jethro's phone to get emailed to my daughter and a lot more family members. Mom got her walnut tree wood table, made by my SIL's dad Sunday. She was like a kid on Christmas morning. LOL It is just beautiful. It's taken almost two years to be made. It left here from Ump's yard. Went to MD and then to NY. Left NY to MD and then got loaded onto a truck and sent to mom in Little Rock. The walnut tree was blown over by a storm. The tree was HUGE. Mom had the wood made into lumber. She hadn't decided what to do with it until my SIL told her his dad made furniture. And the process began.

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Mom got her walnut tree wood table,

Does it look anything like this?...lol

Some times you fell like a nut, some times you don't.
TB
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the big happy hugs. Paid my site fee and it felt like a ton of weight was lifted off my shoulders. I still have a lot of catching up to do but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its going to be a hot one here so I better get ready and starting heading out the door. See you guys later.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

(((TB))) Are walnuts the new Rorshalk test? instead so ink blots? LOL. I see a little old lady face. LOL. Looks just a little to familiar too.....you don't own any toasted almond cans or slinky snakes, do ya?

I only have three more days on the rat wheel. (((chicory))) Im sorry I whine so much, it's nothing new or really unusual at work. people are people and they, shockingly enough, act like people! LOL Some folks just bring a lot more drama to the table than others. Im OK.

((((jay)))) I say some really cool gecko pics in the Daily Mail. If you have some time, give it a look.

(((Amy)) So proud of you. Keep being smoke free! It does get easier. I mixed up my usual routines and I think that helped. You CAN do this.

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Oh, (((Leninainski))) I do not think you whine. besides, it is ok to whine. the whiners can do it, so we can too. ha, i know what you mean about people being people. if i could watch my work place from above, i would probably laugh more than get aggravated. usually it is just mundane crap. nothing worth worrying about. my job is a lot different than yours tho. As we love to say, "It's only a grocery store".lol

(((tod))) i bet the table is beautiful!
is your daughter better?
how are the slikies doing in this heat? it was 91 today at 5pm.

tomorrow, i go over to jack jacks house after work, to stay and let him baby sit me til his folks come home..( he is so sweet. he goes so crazy when i come in to the house. makes me feel so loved and special. really, it is probably cause i bring him one of my hotwheel collection each time i go...heehee. Can't wait. last day of work tomorrow for 10 days.. Yippee!!!!!

will be online there as well. dont wanna miss anything here.

med, come back.

(((amy))) i am proud of you. it isnt easy quitting, but it is doable. i did it. three times. i wont ever start again, cause i would probably smoke for another year before quitting. i can tell how it has affected my health now that i am a bit older. i wanna feel good as long as i can. and on my worse days, i feel better than my best days as a smoker.

love you all.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Ok so I am having a really proud Mom moment....just wanted to post a picture of my girl...(in my hat) .....I love her so much and she has been a huge support to me in the last few months. This is what being positively and heathfully supportive is all about.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sam spade.jpg (73.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Wow Cangel! You have a beautiful daughter! I'd be proud of her too. I think my daughter is beautiful too on the inside and outside. She sent me an email today telling me her husband was promoted to E-6. More money in their pockets and more points towards retirement. Whoooo Whoooo I'm so proud of them.

Chickory: Still waiting on an answer from daughter as to how she is doing! As for the Silkies welfare in this heat! You've got to be kidding? They don't step outside until after dark when it's cooled off and the sun is down for the night. LOL They are nice and cool sitting in their crates in the house during the heat of the day. They also have their refreezeable ice packs wrapped in paper towels they can stand on if they want to be really cool. LOL As my STEP D said when she was here the other day. These are the most spoiled chickens I've ever known. ROFL She said this to her BF while in the three Silkie boy's bedroom and they also had their TV on. As long as I have the funds. None of my critters are going to be uncomfortable. Jethro will eventually get a tent put back up beside the end of the house so when I put them outside they'll have a cool tent to go into. The cool air is pulled out from underneath the house with box fans. So they'll have their own air conditioned pens!

How are ya'lls tomato plants doing? Are you getting tomatos now?

TB: The table wood use to be the tree that produced those nuts, but not any more! LOL The table is just beautiful. Jethro kept a small piece of wood from the tree and made me a knife handle out of it. My SIL made mom a napkin holder out of the wood too. I'll think about giving mom the knife to go along with the set. Hmmmmmm

It's 1:55 am. I just turned the dogs loose to run in the larger area along the outer fence line. The coyotes are raising hell out there. The larger dog is running freely for the moment. I'll get him back inside the outer fence line in a little bit. Hope he sends those coyotes on their merry way.

The guy that killed JB's friends son turned himself in yesterday. JB was telling Jethro stories he'd gotten second handedly about the guy. He's got some major mental problems.

Amy: Why don't you try giving Med a call again. Try to find out what's going on with her.

TPA: How are you and Hazel doing?

Jay: I guess you are working some major hours to not be checking in around here any more than you do.

Joe: Sending you good thoughts and good wishes. Go sit by the pond and feed those gold fish some bread crumbs.

Alright ya'll. Got to get the dog back inside the fence and give them both some treats. Then I've got to head in to the shower. BTW: We've had a cat hanging around outside here lately. Jethro gave it an incentive to get the hell outta of here with his BB gun yesterday. The cat had it's sights set on two rabbits when we saw it. If it keeps hanging around we'll set the live trap and take it down the road to another location. Don't need it climbing the silkie fence one day and making a meal out of one of my babies. Because I'm sorry to say, it wouldn't live another day. Jethro likes cats but he won't put up with that.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

(((TOD)))Don't get your feathers ruffled so quickly-lol- I just asked without thinking, about the silkies. Guess I was just asking for an update on the latest goings on. I know they are pampered silkies, and don't want for a thing.

I can imagine how you were worried about the bunnies, with a cat eyeballing them. but remember, he is only doing what is natural, just as much as when your girls gobble down a cricket. and if the "Cow Gods" ever come to visit us, we will all be toast, who are eaters of beef-lol.

Promise me tho, that if you hurt that poor kitty doing what is natural to him, given to him by his maker, please dont tell us about it. it would break my heart, for kitty and for bunny. and bb guns, they can hurt a cat who might not have anyone to take him to the vet to get help for an imbedded bb, and his life could be quite sad for a long while. i have seen cats who had bb shot in them and it made a nasty mess.

i dont even feed the birds this year, cause i know my cats, or any cats would be drawn to the birds and disaster would ensue. i could not blame the cats.

glad your son in law and daughter are doing so well. sorry about jb's friends son. so very sad. saying a prayer for them.

(((cangel2)))Wow. your daughter is a knock-out! Nothing like a daughter, to help us through tough times. sons are awesome too, but girls relate to their moms feelings , which helps . Is she a model? She could be!
Hope things are going smoothly!

love and hugs all around.
chicory
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
(((TB))) Are walnuts the new Rorshalk test? instead so ink blots? LOL. I see a little old lady face. LOL. Looks just a little to familiar too.....you don't own any toasted almond cans or slinky snakes, do ya?
No, I never own a slinky. But I have a friend I think you know him too. He loves Toasted Almonds and is a Slinky Snake in the grass.

Tough guy Paulie Walnuts...lol.

Love ya
TB
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

((((chicory!)))). Oh my goodness! My old roommate used to call me "Leninski"! Are you doing a Vulcan Mind Meld with me? LOL

((((Cangel))). Beautiful daughter you have! you must be so very proud and in love with her!

((((TB))). yeah, Paulie Walnuts! That's the guy! LOL. I get nervous anytime I'm near NJ just thinking about him! hmm, this gives me an idea for some retribution. hehheh.

(((Amy)) Good job on stayng smoke free! It does pass and I don't like the Mystery Dums Dums either.

I think it's time to call up some Buster Pointdexter....Hot hot Hot!! I think I'm living on the sun. (name that lyric)

My eyes hurt. I think I've just seen too many things. LOL.

much love to the Hens and Roosters!

Leninski
Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

YouTube - Buster Poindexter - Hot Hot Hot

Starring T-Buster and the HenHouse Chicas!

yeah, baby!

Much Love and Marimba!

LeeLee
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Will try to call ((Med)) again this weekend when minutes are free on the phone.
Glad SIL got a raise and the spoiled silkies are still being spoiled

((cangel)) - Wow, your daughter IS beautiful.

Dad's van is "broke" - he says it has "no power", it happened on the way to northern KY yesterday and he drove up there and back. Waiting on payment for recent trips he/we have made, but for now tension is palpable as the source of income needs attention. I was going to do my few stores but that got postponed when I took the trip to NC.

It will work out, just probably not today. Today is my 7th day without cigarettes and I'm really amazed it's not as bad as I thought. Someone told me days 7-11 were hard for him, but I'm just sticking with "not an option..next" and it's working

I had to put the nose drops in Elvis little nose today - talk about fight? I did have him wrapped up in a towel, but he seriously acted like I was killing him.

(((Love to all)))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

(((Amy)))) Hope the van gets fixed quick and easy, and he's back on the road fast.

Xxooxxoo

Lenina
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thanks all....I just could resist posting her picture....she would be sooooo mad at me though if she knew. Nope no modeling for her - she was always too busy with school and sports to look into it; besides she is most likely too short. I am happy because she is moving back to CA in a few weeks; will be nice to have her 2hrs away by car instead of a 5 hr flight!

TOD: Congrats to your daughter!! Nice when people who work hard get a boost. I have tons of tomatoes on two very small plants. I have been collecting sticks with forks in them because I have a feeling I am going to have to prop up the branches from the weight. Last year I had huge plants and virtually no tomatoes....this year the opposite. No idea why...maybe the weather. Your silkies are very lucky.....

Chicory: thanks for the encouragement. I'm doing ok...just a little in the dumps lately for no particular reason. Well...maybe it has to do with starting to look for work. sigh....
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

(((tod))) Oh yeah, I do not have one FREAKING bloom on my tomatoes... what the heck?

off to stay with Jack. soooo excited!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
to back up 11-2011 098.jpg (93.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

oops that was too big, but it shows his sweetness! that was bathtime. in kitchen sink that was last fall.. i will post more pics, of my adventure.

love to all
chicory
Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - aww, ((Jack)) is SOO cute!!

Just got a grade on something I was totally not sure about - 100!!!! I just had to do a little happy dance

So far, we are still in the 80's temp wise, highs aren't predicted above 93 and I really hope it stays that way. Aunt Phyllis said it's supposed to be around 100 there tomorrow, and it's BEEN that hot in NY and NJ.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy