Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-23-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cangel: I also grew up with dad having guiena's most of my younger years. LOL There were these two males fighting one day. I picked a rock up and threw it in their direction to break the fight up. Oh I broke it up alright! I some how managed to hit one of them in the head. Good Lord!!!! It fell over right where it was standing. I just sat down on the ground and watched this stupid bird, hoping it would get up. And all the while I was thinking to myself, "Dad is going to kill me". LOL It eventually got up and staggered off. Thank God is what I was thinking.

I never threw another rock at them.

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-23-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I heard guineas are good on keeping the insects population down, fleas, ticks. I don't knew how true that is but the ones we have here are feeding through the campground all day.

TB
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Elvis is all curled up on me, says to tell you guys the only kind of chicken HE wants is grilled, please This is after he inhaled my last piece of leftover KFC.

As far as I know, I am officially done with my stores job I know when a door closes, a window opens but I am still a bit down about it. Have heard from 3 or 4 other classmates about various assignments. Other than moral support, told them they'd have to wait until I got home.

Oh, I cannot believe this b'day card I saw. It was right behnd my display - something to the effect of "please be a dear and get me one of those pills that makes mommy HAPPY" and just says "happy birthday" inside.

(((Love to all!!)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

TOD: OMG....and their heads are so tiny too...you were obviously a good shot; a few tense moments there I can imagine.

Reminds me of a story....my son was about 12 and down at the elementary school playing "baseball" with a tennis ball. While waiting for his friends he threw the ball at a pigeon .... hit it in the head and killed it. He then buried it in the tanbark in the play ground. I didn't know this at the time ; but noticed he was really upset for a couple of days and he finally told me (he felt really bad about it).....We snuck down there in the middle of the night and pulled it out and threw it in the trash. Just didn't want to scare some 5 yr old playin on the swings.....
Old 06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: They are excellent bug eaters. But I prefer Old English chickens for that business. Actually all the chickens eat bugs, some just more than others.

Cangel: I have no ideal how I managed to hit the damn thing in the head. Pure chance of a throw. LOL I bet your son was devastated over killing the pigeon. But momma made him feel better about it.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I seem to be wrapped up in some childish feelings today, some days I think I am regressing...
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

(((Jay)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

((Jay)) Some days we all feel like we are regressing. Really though....we just slide back a bit because we can't understand what we have learned and can't move forward without the benefit of the past. Maybe look at it as a time to re-look at what you want to take away from the place you regress to....what you want to keep and what you want to let go of. Honor those feelings and then see what comes next. Life is such a huge, messy, ongoing process.....lovely and worth it!

Hang in there.....

TOD: not sure if I made it alright about the pigeon....kinda grossed me out too. He and I still share a little "pigeon death guilt" about the whole situation.....then we crack up laughing....but....we both still feel bad about it all. It's one of those silly things in life...
Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jay: Regressing to childhood feelings. Isn't that what happens to all of us when we fall in love? LOL We all get childish over such silly things. Some even serious things. Just roll with it and you'll come out on the other side with a day in your adult life having lived a day in your youth! Man! I'd love to go back into my younger days for about a week or longer. Or maybe my teenage years between the age of 16 to 18.

Cangel: The pigeon story is okay with myself. Years ago! My parents had a stray pigeon show up at their house. They mate for life and since there wasn't any other pigeons around. She buddied up with my sister's beagle. Wherever Petunia went, Hobo followed. Hobo would fly to where she was and then would land close to her. Hobo would walk around the ground or porch beside Petunia. The feathers on the back of Hobo's neck went the opposite direction than the rest of them. She looked like she sported a Mohawk or had a callic one. Did ya'll know? Pigeons lay two eggs every time they get ready to set. The eggs consist of a male and female in every laying! LOL All the dogs left her alone until my sister got a young Redbone pup. The pup is what did her in playing with her one day.

Our county is now under a burn ban! We really need some rain. I just came in from watering part of the yard and tomato plants. It was 98 degrees today and will be in the 100's several days in the near future. I plucked a leaf off the top of a plant to show it to Jethro this afternoon. It shows signs of something eating on it. If I start seeing anymore we are going to have to spray poison on the plants to kill off whatever is eating the leaves. He plucked a beautiful tomato off the vine today too. There are loads of tomatos on the plants so I sure don't want bugs eating them up.

Amy: I was listening to some homemade CD's the other day and heard a song that you need to play over and over. I'm going to copy the link and post it for ya. So let me go find it and get it on here for ya.

TPA: Isn't it time for you to give us an update? What-up?

Amy needs to call Med for us too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya go Amy!

The Drifters - Up on The Roof - YouTube

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-24-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

morning all!

thoughts this morning are:

Three year olds have endless stamina, but not much patience.
Grandmas have endless patience, and not much stamina.

my bones are popping this am. like some are out of joint. could be having to straddle the baby gate at top of stairs, cause it is too noisy to open when he is asleep. guess i still got nerve anyway

((Jay))) i dreamed about you last night! dreamed that you were among us here in ohio, and had this large jar of shredded money, hidden. i thought i saw you, judging by your smile, and then some nice girl told me it was you.
the nice guy you are just comes across this computer screen, and i guess i hope someday to meet you
About those feelings- could it maybe that you are acknowledging feelings that you froze as a younger kid? and now you are letting them out? i have been doing some of that myself lately. reading "beyond codependency" and it is stirring some things that hurt, but supposedly it helps to face them, feel them and embrace the child who had to deal with the crap, and tell him/her that you will be watching his/her back from now on. and loving yourself. i found that i really am angry at my dad, who i sort of protected in my mind all these years. he was an alcoholic, but stopped in later life. after he was moved and gone away from our lives. pisses me a bit. but now, i go from their in my recovery.
maybe you were not allowed to feel hurt, anger, sad as a kid? and the message might have been 'dont be a pain" like it was in our house?
well, we are doing better now than we were then, i reckon. at least we can share, talk, love each other and validate each others feelings.
hope i am not going on too much. i could relate because of doing some of that myself lately.
love to all. mom and dad will be back today. late afternoon. jack has been sooo good. only cried for mommy when he tore a nail, and did not trust us(me and aunt lori) to fix it. aunt lori, the quick and able, put his finger in her mouth and bit it off quicker than he could yank it out, which by the way is mighty quick! and we told him she kissed it and madeit better. thank God it was only a little chipped, and not in the quick. we knew that before the surgery! lol

love to all,
tired but happy chicoryma
Old 06-24-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Good morning my darling ((((hens and roosters)))!

I think I've caught up on my sleep but I seem to be getting a cold.

Here's the update on my sweet baby, The FuzzyB. When I got home, I could tell he wasn't doing well at all. His little belly was so distended and he seems so weak. So, we took him to the vet yesterday and had his fluid drained. they took out 3 pounds of fluid! he also got an iron shot.

Now here's what's bothering me. the vet says now its "probably not" the FIP but a tumor in his gut. Nothing to be done about it. she says she'd be surprised if he lives six months. So, the prognosis goes from 7 to 10 days due to FIP to "maybe" six months due to a cancerous tumor.

she said we could bring him back in a month for another iron shot and to drain the belly fluid again.

I am so very grateful to have more time with my baby boy but am having some trouble resolving the bit of resentment *** feeling at the vet for the uncertain diagnosis. I swear, on the first visit she seemed to want to put him down right then!

I don't have the money to hunt around for another vet and this makes me so sad. I am so very grateful I was able to scrape up the money so far. And that the vet has allowed me to make payments. fortunately for me, this is the season where I can make some extra money so this is good. and I am grateful.

((((jay)))) For me, recovery from addiction and resolving grief was/is a up and down thing. In the early days, it seemed I'd make some progress and then have a few steps back.

There's a book you might find helpful, it helped me. "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Harold Bloomingdale (I think). it helped me work through some grief. I guess, finding a way to help sort it out, a place to put it. it does take a lot longer than I would have liked, but it does get better. I promise you this.

OK, I have to get myself together and see to some very boring and tiresome household chores. Be back later!

Much love!

Lenina
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Listening to the song now

I have tried to call ((Med)) - it rings, no answer and no opportunity to leave a voice mail.

((Chicory)) - Glad the "surgery" on ((Jack)) was minor and he tolerated it well. When brat was little, kissing the boo-boo worked pretty good.

((Lenina)) - I understand resenting the vet for giving a fatal disease diagnosis at first. It's so hard when our furbabies can't tell us how they feel, wondering whether we're doing the right thing. It also doesn't help when they "might" be able to tell us more, but it will cost a fortune for tests. I am glad you have more time with the ((FuzzyB)) and hope he is more comfortable after they drained the fluid off.

((Jay)) - I do think we sometimes take one step forward, two steps back in various ways and I hate it. Overall, though, we do keep moving forward and you definitely have.

((Love to all))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: LOL You won't be able to move tomorrow! LOL Those young ones just wear us older folks plumb out! That's why it blows my mind on these older couples having babies. Thank God for daycare! But I know you've enjoyed yourself tremendously.

My granddaughter got a splinter in her finger over here one day about three years ago. She wouldn't let anyone but her momma try to get it out. I had some liquid numbing medicine left over from XH's throat surgery. I talked her into letting me put that on her boo boo. Then she decided she could get it out herself. So we handed her the twizzers and that little snot got it out herself! LOL

Amy: I just love that song. It can really put me in a positive frame of mind. But since I don't have a roof top to climb up on now. I just go back in my memories of the times I use to climb on the barn roof, sit in the top of trees, play in the barn lofts, climb up on my house roof top to lay out in the sun or to watch fireworks displays, etc. Those were some fun times.

Lenina: Yes it is VERY aggravating how much it bothers me on the way vets can/will guess at the problems our babies are having. But just like us. It costs us a lot of money for tests, MRI's, X-Rays too. I was told by a VAH tech. It cost's around $4,000.00 to have an MRI done. So it stands true for our pets as well. There is an animal insurance policy out there that you can take out for your animals. I know my vet told me she has several clients that use it and it has saved them a fortune in vet bills.

Just got up about 30 minutes. I see Ump is outside talking with Jethro. Or rather I HEAR Jethro talking and Ump is nodding his head. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

You guys should be proud of me...lol. I'm waiting for 7 o’clock. Pathmark has a whole rotisserie chicken for $2 bucks. Its regularly $6 bucks before 7 pm. Hey, just because am collecting unemployment don't mean I have to stop penny pinching. Right?...Haha.

Love you all
TB
Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

((TB)) - you absolutely deserve a rotisserie chicken and penny-pinching will make the money go longer. I love, love, LOVE rotisserie chickens and usually get them on sale, too.

I'm trying to crank out my last assignment. Looks like rain is moving in and we really need it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Well it's official! The thermostat shows it is 100 degrees outside! And since I just spent an hour and a half sitting outside talking with Jethro and Ump. It's truly HOT!!!!! The three large chickens are under the tall porch hanging out where the air from under the house comes out and it's cooler. I have a box fan sitting in an open space we made in the siding around the porch blowing out cool air on Ump. I take the water hose, turn it on cone spray and put it under the porch behind the AC unit. This also helps to put out cooler air coming from the fan. The chickens hang out on the opposite side of the water spraying. LOL I need to go hose down the dogs area where they lay in front of their fan. We use a ton of water around here during the hot days. But luckily our water bill is only around $30.00 a month. So I'm not going to make things suffer w/o water because of the low cost.

TB: I bet you are a coupon clipper too? I do coupons on occasion. I need to start doing it more often. The only problem is though. We don't buy groceries on a regular basis, so the coupons I clip usually expire by the time I get around to going shopping.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-25-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Good morning my darling ((((hens and roosters)))!

I think I've caught up on my sleep but I seem to be getting a cold.

Here's the update on my sweet baby, The FuzzyB. When I got home, I could tell he wasn't doing well at all. His little belly was so distended and he seems so weak. So, we took him to the vet yesterday and had his fluid drained. they took out 3 pounds of fluid! he also got an iron shot.

Now here's what's bothering me. the vet says now its "probably not" the FIP but a tumor in his gut. Nothing to be done about it. she says she'd be surprised if he lives six months. So, the prognosis goes from 7 to 10 days due to FIP to "maybe" six months due to a cancerous tumor.

she said we could bring him back in a month for another iron shot and to drain the belly fluid again.

I am so very grateful to have more time with my baby boy but am having some trouble resolving the bit of resentment *** feeling at the vet for the uncertain diagnosis. I swear, on the first visit she seemed to want to put him down right then!

I don't have the money to hunt around for another vet and this makes me so sad. I am so very grateful I was able to scrape up the money so far. And that the vet has allowed me to make payments. fortunately for me, this is the season where I can make some extra money so this is good. and I am grateful.

((((jay)))) For me, recovery from addiction and resolving grief was/is a up and down thing. In the early days, it seemed I'd make some progress and then have a few steps back.

There's a book you might find helpful, it helped me. "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Harold Bloomingdale (I think). it helped me work through some grief. I guess, finding a way to help sort it out, a place to put it. it does take a lot longer than I would have liked, but it does get better. I promise you this.

OK, I have to get myself together and see to some very boring and tiresome household chores. Be back later!

Much love!

Lenina
Sweet (((Lenina))),

I have been thinking of your sweet (((FuzzyB))) and I wonder if the vet could do an xray, usually they are about 60-80 for one or two pics. that could give you an idea. i dont know how she can figure out tumor without films. you dont have to get mri, if there is a large mass, it would show. and you might have peace about it, if you knew.
blood work that he might have done could show things elevated with cancer. do you have the bloodwork numbers, or could you ask the vet if they could look at them and see if cancer is indicated?
I know that is a lot of stuff to have to worry with. when you are already worried. i belong to an FIP group on *****. i have asked a question in fuzzybs behalf.
give (((fuzzyb))) lovings from me , and some to you too, cause I know how stressful it is when you just dont know. did fuzzyb ever spend time in a shelter where he might have caught the corona virus? that is where fip comes from. not all cats that get corona virus will develop fip, but some do. it is a mutation of the virus, that happens in some immuno suppressed kitties.
whatever it is, he is gonna be kept safe, comfy, and much loved. and I hope you get much quality time with your baby. steroids can reduce tumors in some instances, and it is rather inexpensive. my autumn took it and she also got pain meds when she started hurting from it. it helped her so much,even with her tumor she became comfy, ate, interacted with us. and all.

hope i am not being a pain. just want so much to be a shoulder for you and hubs and darling (((FuzzyB)))

love
chicory
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

(((Lenina)))
here is an answer from the FIP site. research is being done on effusion fluids drawn from suspected fip kitties, and here is a way to hopefully know for sure and for your vet to get some free testing kits. it is a great cause. maybe this will be of some help to you, and maybe some one down the line. sorry it is long, but here is it.

Annette,

Your friend can ask her vet to send an effusion sample to Dr. Diane
Addie to have it tested.

Marleen x

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 4 April 2012 16:53
Subject: wet FIP - request from Dr. Diane Addie
To: FIPCatSupport******groups.com, FIP Fighters
<[email protected]>, FIP Support Group
<[email protected]>, FIP-Infogroup******groups.de,
AustFIPSupport******groups.com, FIP******groups.com

Dear Marleen,

Thank you for periodically reminding people about the effusions, I have been
getting some from time to time and they are very useful indeed.

Hugs,
Diane

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 30 June 2011 13:46
Subject: wet FIP - request from Dr. Diane Addie
To: birman.oscar******.com

Bulletin from the cause: Support F.I.P. Research

Go to Cause
Posted By: Oscar Birman
To: Members in Support F.I.P. Research

wet FIP - request from Dr. Diane Addie

Dear Marleen,

Would you please put out an appeal for effusions for me? I'm looking for
really enormous quantities, but in FIP sometimes almost a litre can be drawn
off.

Any vet who sends more than 20 ml will receive a free FCoV antibody test,
AGP test and Rivalta.

The address to send it to is;
D. Addie
Maison Zabal
64470 Etchebar
France

(Though I do have to let you know I'll be away from the lab between the 5th
and 15th of July.)
Warm best wishes,
Diane

No need to freeze - just send air mail, prioritaire, first class, whatever
the term is in the country for the quickest post.

Thank you all SO MUCH!
D. xxx
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Chickory!!!! I know all the cat ppl on here will appreciate all the info you send their way. Keep up the good info!

Jethro went to bed around 3:00 am. I went to bed around 4:00 am. Neither one of us could get to sleep. So we cuddled for awhile and then I got back up to come out here. Jethro got up right behind me and joined me out here. I asked him later on if he'd go get us breakfast. He decided to cook pancakes and sausage for us instead.

While standing at the stove he glanced out the living room windows just in time to see four young deer looking in the windows. LOL He came out here and told me to hurry up and come look. It was pretty cool.

Then a few minutes ago I saw a Cardinal flying all over the place out front. So I went to the windows to get a better look. It was a parent trying to convince the kids to leave the nest. LOL I watched for a little while and then left it up to the parents to solve that problem.

Jethro has gone back to bed and I'm heading that way shortly.

Love ya'll
TOD