Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Wow I love that video, (((TB))),..awesome version .

(((Jay))) sorry honey. i knew that video was gonna scare someone..;p but I loved mr. rogers. he just looked a little feverish eyed in a few places.lol
Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

(((tod))) can't wait to see your pictures.

was at grandsons baseball game tonight. he did great. did a double play, at second base, and hit two runs in. worst ump i ve seen in a while. would not want to do that job.

am off tomorrow. gonna wash my truck i think. so tired. love and hugs

chicory
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory:

You'll need to go to my personal page and go to the album titled, "Our little two acres" to see all the pictures. There are 15 of them so I'm not going to transfer them over to the HH.

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

((chicory)) Your ump comment reminded me of a story. My son was (is) a baseball fanatic. So he decided to ump for the "little kids" as soon as he could qualify. Now....we all know how the parents are about the umps with the little kids.....So he had me come out to the games he umped. If the parents got out of hand I was suppose to jump in and really hassel him and then he was going to throw me out!!! Ha see that...big bad ump!!! Came close only once......he gave a kid "4 outs" and the pitcher's dad busted a gut about it......kid really deserved 4 outs though.....so I just couldn't work up much anger at the ump....failed....

Thanks for reminding me! I miss those days a lot! It's nice to think about them!

((jay)) Mr. Roger's freaked me out normally....I agree the video was super creepy!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

The pain of love is the pain of being alive. It's a perpetual wound.
—Maureen Duffy

We live in one another's company. We grow to yearn for one another's company at a deeper level. The yearning reciprocated, opens the way to a love relationship, a relationship both blessed and torn by intimacies.

It's human to long for love, to want to shower it and receive it. But the pain of waiting for it doesn't match the pain that accompanies its arrival. Love heightens our sensitivities. Any separations, any discrepancies, physical or emotional, wound the partners in love. The pain that accompanies never having something is less than the pain of projected loss after its arrival.

Love should bring only happiness, we mistakenly think. But love, giving it and receiving it, beckons us to bare our souls, to expose our hidden selves. The fear of rejection, the anxiety that we'll be rejected "when they know the real me" is large and looms over our shoulders.

How lucky we are to have this program, these Steps, which if practiced in all our affairs will prepare us for love and loving. They will help us to live with the pain of love, knowing that it increases our humanity - that it deepens our awareness’s and thus, heightens our appreciation of all of life.

The pain of love increases my rapture.

Being alone is very lonely, time to make changes.
TB
Old 06-16-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

wow (((TB))) awesome stuff. but, it makes me almost glad I am alone. I don't know if I want to feel that insecurity again.

i used to think there would be someone out there for me, that we would click and have a smooth road together.

thanks for pointing out that we are learning some great life skills here. and someday, i might be a good risk for someone , and I might actually be brave enough to reach out for a relationship.

I love Michael Montgomery. what a great voice. and patti, who doesn't love her?

are there men and women in your support group?
love ya, dear friend!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

(((Cangel2)))that is really cute! never thought about it before last night, how difficult it must be.
this guy was about 20?, and not anyones favorite. and the last call of out, when a guy ran slid into third, wasnt tagged, but he called out, ending the game, as a loss for tommy's team (grandson). the other team actually said, "no he was safe, keep playing". the kids were so happy. unfortunately our next boy got out, ending it all. nice gesture on the other teams part. but i have mixed feelings about whether that was good or bad. ump did not get last word, or respect of teams. but then, it was only fair, since everyone in the place knew the runner was safe. guess that is a grey area.
do you ever go to watch any kids play? these are10 year olds, and so darn sweet. it is difficult to see kids get hit tho, with some of the wild pitches.
hope your day was a good one. any thing new lately? whatcha been doing? cooking anything fantastic? (((Lenina))) gave us the most awesome tuna casserole recipe. i can eat the whole thing..
love and hugs.
gonna check out (((tods))) pics sorry I freaked everyone with Mr. Rogers video. it just brought back some nostalgic memories. maybe that is what is wrong with son, tho Bert and Ernie were his favorites. and the Sleestaks...

hugs too all.
chicory
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Just checking in before I get busy with school stuff again. Have survived the first day without cigarettes and didn't smack or kill anyone

((TOD)) - Great pictures!

((TB)) - I remember that song I'm sorry you're lonely - I think it's good (for some of us)..for a while but then gets old? Not sure but I do understand.

((Chicory, cangel)) - I don't think I've ever been to a kids' game? The brat played softball, a bit, when she was younger but that's when I lived a couple hours away. We have several ball fields around here, though, and I always smile when I see the littlest kids in their uniforms

((Love to all))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) Yeah...my son was an ump beginning at 16. He said it was all about developing respect. You make a call you defend it and stick with it! Everyone knows that umps make mistakes and that every ump has a different strike zone - but you have to have integrity out there.

When I ride my bike on the weekends the halfway point is a field where there are multiple games going on during the season. I usually stop and watch for awhile. 10 is a fun age they are just really getting started....the next bracket up is really fun though....they start getting their own style and good luck habits! I am with you though on watching them get hit.....I think 10 was around the age when my son came up with one of his main life philosophies "if you aren't getting hurt you aren't living". Not bad actually but I think it came after a wack in the mouth with the ball.

My day is going to be productive - I am racking up all the weeds I cut down yesterday and then going to start on cleaning my carpets. As for cooking I have been focused on other things so not so much this week. I do have a bunch of organic beets so might roast them and have a huge beet and arugala salad for dinner! New stuff...hmmmm...I signed up for social dance classes at the community college Mon/Wed nights starting next week! Should be good....I was getting tired of my own company and thought that might be a good way to get out and get some exercise. As soon as I did that I discovered some great beginning salsa lessons - but will do that next probably. Sunday I am going to a flute concert at the conservatory; I played taxi yesterday to an Italian flute player who flew in for the concert to help out a friend so she is comping me a ticket. Then next week I start looking for a job seriously......not particularly excited about that but oh well.....

Right now I am grabbing another cup of coffee to power myself up!!! Gotta get moving.......
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Ok...everyone....I am sitting here....very sore and tired and a lot sweaty...What a day.....

Anyway...the sun is setting over the hills outside my living room windows and it is beautiful....

Wanting to say Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's here for tomorrow......I know there is at least one!

Dad's are great!! If they are biological or just jump-in-I-love-you dads.....both are great and should be appreciated tomorrow!!!

My dad died 4 yrs ago....tomorrow I will send him a "smoke signal" and do something to celebrate my life; I know he would like that so will honor him that way.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

((((my dear hennies and roosters)))))

I am full tilt boogie on the rat wheel, LOL Lots and lots of stuff going on,including what I call high volume nuisance values. Please send your best thoughts that I can maintain an even strain

((((chicory)))) Glad you are enjoying the tuna casserole. it's most comforting eh? I hope you're taking some time to enjoy the beauty of the work youdo!

(((Cangel). I saw the previews of that movie and will try to see it.I love Dame Maggie and Judy.

((((JayBird))) Hope you and the Taz Dog are getting time to enjoy the spring weather.

Special hugs and loves to my ((((TB)))). I'm not gonna be fun for a few more days, I'm afraid. It going to be a long hot summer.

Please keep me in your thoughts, it's rough out here. wish I could say more but can't.

((((Amy)))). I'm proud of you on the no smoking. we'll talk more later.

OK, I'll be back in the morning when my jet lag has clearned.

Oh and you know, there's freaks of all stripes out there. don't lose your sense of humor!

Much love to my peeps!

Lenina JellyBeana
Old 06-17-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cangel: Jethro says "Thank You"! Good to know you are staying busy and getting things looking better. Jethro and I had a TALK this afternoon when he came home with a riding lawn mower. I've told him I don't want this place to end up looking like a used lawn mower mortuary. He already has several motorcycle's in the back and one old riding mower in the dog pen. I told him from the first thing he brought home from work. No MORE! Well my combat boots don't work too well on him. I want things cleaned up around here. This place is like two properties in one. The front part of the house is beautiful. But when you get to the back. Well ya'll saw the pictures. And trust me. The pictures didn't show it all. Jethro is a piddler, fixer, repair man. So there is tons of little stuff as well as big stuff around here. It just gathers and gathers. I've run out of space to put things. His office/cat room is also packed full of stuff that is solely his. And it is all covered in cat hair. Piles of cat hair! Maybe after the cats pass on he'll get in there and get it all cleaned up. But I know this is wishful thinking on my part. There is an old TV sitting on a wooden stand in our bedroom that has been there WAY before I moved in here, (2006). He WON'T get rid of it. It's got tons of dust on it. There is so much stuff in his closet. I do good to get in there to hang his stuff on the rack. Oh hell! I could go on and on, but I know ya'll don't want to hear it.

I went out this evening around 10:00 pm to turn the two lights on where we sit and take the girls out to do their evening potty jobs. The little runt bunny came running up to me from across the yard to about a foot from me. Then it sat down and looked up at me. I just started laughing. I asked H/S if H/S had been waiting on me to come out to bring the food bowl out to H/S. It just continued sitting there. So I went and got the food bowl and set it out for H/S. H/S hopped off a few steps when I set the bowl down though. I guess the shadow of the bowl scared it. But of course H/S came back a few minutes later and dove into the bowl. LOL Then while I was sitting on the stool watching Peaches eat her food H/S came right up to my feet and started eating some seeds that fell on the ground. I could have leaned down and touched it.

When I put Lucy out she ran up behind H/S and scared H/S to the point H/S jumped as high as the fence around the tomato plants and took off running. LOL Jethro just shook his head from side to side and then chuckled a little bit. I said, "Oh yeah! It's always a show out here at night with the bunny and the girls".

Jethro bought three slabs of ribs for throwing on the grill for the lunch we are having at my parent's house Father's Day. He'll be up in several hours so he'll have plenty of time to smoke them on the grill. Mom asked me if that was our contribution to the luncheon? Hey! That'll work for me! LOL

All you dads have a wonderful day! No matter what you are a father to.

Lenina: Hold your head up high and look ppl in the eyes. Don't cower down to no one. Just continue doing your job the best you've been doing and let that other BS slide off your back for now. If it's out of your control, then don't fret over it. There are some things we just don't have control over and there is no sense in getting ourselves all frizzled out.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Special hugs and loves to my ((((TB)))). I'm not gonna be fun for a few more days, I'm afraid. It going to be a long hot summer.

Lova ya
TB
Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Sorry things are rough right now

((TOD)) - I bet it IS quite a show with the bunnies and chickens! Glad you are going to your parents' house today and the ribs sound awesome.

((TB)) - Love that video.

I'm still not smoking, using the distraction methods I used for the crack and so far so good. It's another gorgeous day, here, will spend some time out there with the furbabies. I went to check on them, Mots was on the deck table, on his back with his head upside down...silly cat! They can get in the GOOFIEST positions.

Still have a few assignments to finish up then start on the next ones. I'm really glad I have school to keep me occupied as the not working thing would otherwise drive me crazy (craziER?)

((Love to all))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's on HH!

Hugs to all
TB
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Had a bad week, but stayed clean. Felt like throwing in the towel but didn't , i asked for support on fb and got it. Lots of loving people in my life, very thankful for you guys.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

((Joe)) - Glad you asked for help and got it I'm going, tomorrow, to get a big bag of lollipops..thinking that will help with the cigarette thoughts.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

((Amy)) Good for you for sticking with it!! You know the best thing about not smoking is how good you feel. I find that just pausing and taking some really deep breathes and actually being able to do that is a good motivator.

Lollipops could be good too!! I was more of a "cutie" person. I have to say two weeks now....my energy level has increased and my face.....looking a bit healthier!! The skin really responds quickly to stopping.....

Hang in there.....pullin for you!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

((Lenina))....Sending you hugs and peaceful thoughts!!! If you are traveling a lot....hope you are enjoying room service!!! Sounds like things are difficult for you at work..but you also seem to be a very level headed person who will find to sort it all out. Just make sure you take some time for you to recharge!! Sneak a few Lenina moments out of your days....you deserve them!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

HI family!
been so busy lately. worked yesterday, because i am off friday and sat. beginning my vacation then. off for 10 days..yeah. i am helping to watch jack from thurs til sunday. mom and dad going with friends for weekend. first time away, i predict they will be home earlier.. they will miss their jack too much. i on the other hand, will be getting lots of loving and getting to play all day. hot wheels, trains, playdough.
i just wanna crawl back under the covers , right now.

hang in there (((amy))) you are doing great with the no smoking. i used to smoke. quit for years, started back up and quit again after a year. no more. ever. i feel like a world of difference. truly.

(((lenina)))send love and hugs, and hope you are ok.

(((Joe))) hope you are doing ok. good to have great support. facebook sounds great, too. is it an aa/addiction group? love ya,
well, gonna get ready for work. just am so tired. worked late last night, guess that is why.

love
chicosleepy