Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
chicory

((((TB)))) you know I am wishing and praying that your ue comes through soon. sooner than that, really. been keeping you in my wish place, waiting for good things. please let us know how it went. loved the mamas and papas.

(((Amy))) you can get them free at the library. if they have it. i do that all the time. you just need something that shows your address. a bill , or something.

the other day, a woman came in to order balloons for a walk for a place called Sojourners. it is a home for recovering addicts/alcoholics. i mentioned i had looked into it, for my son, once. but they have to want to quit drinking. she seemed so concerned about my son. offered help. offered some guys to come talk to him. to maybe get him going to meetings. i told her that i felt he knows, but does not want to admit it. once, he shocked me by saying he did not want to go to meetings with those "losers". my son never talks about any one that way. i mentioned that to her, and we sort of laughed , for that is common for a's to say that about AA. she looked me in the eye, and said that she has 24 years sober. we both ended up teary eyed, because it seems there is a bond somehow, when others know what you are going through, and understand. she gave me her card, and offered to help in any way.
who knows, maybe this is my HP at work. just meeting her was awesome. bless her, for her work, for others. she gives so much of her time to help others to find life. God bless her. and all recovering a's and addicts. and those who are not yet.

i really wish i could get my son to go to AA. i believe that eventually, he would have to admit he has a problem. i believe he knows it. think of what awesome friends he would make there. recovering folks have big hearts. sure seems the case here at SR and the HH. God guided me here. Think of all that has happened, just because I have found this place. I am so thankful, for that ,and for my loved ones here.

Thinking of you all tonight. wishing i could give each of you a great big hug. (((Tod, Amy, Timebuster, Joe, Jay, TPA, Cangel2, Med, Norty, 40 Thieves, WindySan,Lenina,JTM, Kelsey))) and if i forgot anyone, forgive me.. i am so tired, my eyes are crossing.
come on Thursday. last day before vacation.

(((Med)))) sending love to ya, miss you so much. you too ((((40))))