Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 29

Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I love anything with garlic I'm going to see if I can get some sleep. I'm already behind in my school stuff, have several assignments due tomorrow and haven't even finished the chapters to read for one of them. Maybe reading it will put me to sleep

It was fun having a "silly hh night", I've missed that. We've just had so much going on with everyone, it's nice to be able to laugh.

I have my window open, but guess I need to see if the rain is coming back. Sure don't want my laptop getting rained on!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Lenina))) Did you say Big Fat Pigs Feet. Cooked with Garlic...Did you ever have Sopa de Mondongo. Made with Tripe and Pigs feet. Oh my goodness, heaven is calling...lol.

TB
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: With what you've been posting as far as food you eat and cook. There's no need for you to worry about getting down here to cook for us. Thanks, but no thanks.

Love ya
TOD
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good, my plan work....hahahahaha.

Love ya
TB
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

(((TB))) Comma on my place! Is that like menudo? I love menudo! and I have heard of Curry in a Hurry. You know Johns Pizza in the Village? I used to love their pizza with cheese and anchovies!

I do love my food. oh yes. and it shows! LOL

Much love from Lenina
Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) Oh yes, I do remember Johns Pizza. I work not to far from them, love their sausage and peperoni pies.

I love menudo too...lol. Sopa de Mondongo. Puerto Rican-style.

Much love
TB
Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

(((TB))) Oh yes, feed me! LOL my mamasita makes the best menudo. And Papi makes the tastiest carne asada! I do love meats. Sausages, cold cuts. I just brushed my teeth to get rid of the roach breath and looked a little too close in the mirror. I look like a German Hausfrau. An old one. LOL

muchl love to you!

Lenina
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Ah, the German Hausfrau. There she stands in front of her beloved stove. Her mind untarnished by thoughts that do not concern the care of her family or the future of her soul, she is cheerfully dedicated to producing heartier dinners, cleaner floors, and more babies...lol.

Good night sweet people at the Hen House. Time for TB to take his old tired bones to bed. See everyone tomorrow if HP willing.

Much love to all.
TB
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

One more thing before I call it a night. (((chicory))) Where is our beloved Hen from Ohio? Is not like her to be missing. I hope you are OK.

Much love
TB
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Argh! I went to bed early and missed the fun!! I can't run with the big dogs, but I can watch and wag my tail! keeping up with the cuisine capers of last night, i would have not been able to . i do love tabouli, tho..black olives, goat cheese, mmmmm. i had flaming goat cheese once, forget what the fancy name was. it was awesome. but enough salt in one bite to cure a ham..lol.

i think (((Jay))) started this, talking about roach casserole? well, i fear we have all probably had a roach in our food at one time or another. yuk. i guess a roach, to a gecko, is just a crunchy treat, fresh on the hoof.

glad you missed me (((tb))). i wish i had been here, but it has been fun reading all the posts this morning. and you could cook for me anytime, ((TB)), just leave out anything intestinal...heehee

love you guys
chicory
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
TB: Yep! That's what they look like and sound like. But what F'ing idiots the owners are to have the momma and babies in with the other adults!!! The other adults will peck the babies to death. They will also fight with the momma. The momma doesn't get the chance to attend to the babies needs from having to worry about the other adults.
(((TOD))) That did cross my mind when I first look at this video. Why would they have those little edie betty babies in the same pen with those giant Silkies. You can see how stressed out Mama Silkie acts/looks. The other Silkies and the pens look pretty clean though. They make the MOST adorable cooing sounds. When you take them out to feed, do they get the feathers on there feet dirty?

Love ya
TB
Old 06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
but it has been fun reading all the posts this morning. and you could cook for me anytime, ((TB)), just leave out anything intestinal...heehee
(((chicory))) This is why being half Italian and half Puerto Rican has its advantages. I can cook up a little of everything.

Sometimes I feel like a nut, and sometimes I don't...lol.

Somedays I feel like having Spaghetti and Meatballs (pasta) or a slice of Pizza

The next day, I feel like having Yellow Rice and Beans or Sopa de Pollo or Mondongo with Tripe and Pigs feet.

My first wife is Indian. So I can cook up some mean Curry recipes. (Curry Chicken)

Second wife was half Italian and half German. (I say “was”, she passed away) So I can cook up some mean German recipes. (Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa anyone?)

Now that (((TOD))) don't want me to come over to her a home to cook a home made meal. I'm a free agent..lol.

(((Amy))) How's your school work going?

Love ya
TB
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

((TB)) - School is coming along. I spent most of the day trying to figure out what my teacher wanted for an answer, submitted it and her answer and mine aren't the same, though I think I covered enough that I should get some credit. I still have an hour long test to take, then start on stuff that is due Sunday night.

I just went outside to check on Elvis. It is GORGEOUS out there. I sat on the grass, petting Meatball Mots, Elvis was climbing up me to snuggle on my shoulder. It was great...until something bit me. Need to spray on my vanilla spray to keep them OFF.

All my classmates and I have mentioned "3 days in, and behind already" but we're plugging along, helping each other out when we can. It's almost like here....got really cool friends, they're just still online However, a few of us are wanting to get together at some point.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) When you graduate how do receive your diploma. Is there commencement, cap and gown, a group of graduate gathering at a local college, graduation setting on the computer with other graduates and teachers?

I'm sure it would be a thrill for you to meet your classmates one day face to face in a gathering surroundings. You can take pictures. Just imagine being able to look back at any day of your life and reminisce as you go through the photographs.

It was a nice day in NJ. It was in the low 70. I spent half of the day shredding old bills and unimportant papers. Trying to stay busy. These four walls are driving me crazy. Q, was helping me put the shredded papers into the garbage bags...lol. Believe or not am using the shredded paper in there litter box. Talking about recycling...lol.

Love ya
TB
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Wow....I too checked out early yesterday and missed most of the food fun! So up my alley....

Anyway....anyone with a family menudo recipe that they can share I would be eternally grateful. I have been messing around with a recipe for several years but just can't get it perfect. To protect the sensitivity around internal organs....you can PM me instead of posting for all if you wish.

Oh.....I am so unhappy that I don't have any RV parking on my property TB could come cook for me any day!!!!

Have had a few really great days in a row....feeling so much more myself and so happy for it!!

Cheers to all!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Speaking of being bit! I crawled in bed this morning, got settled and then the stinging began. Damn it! We have so many birds around here it's impossible to get rid of the little buggers. Jethro got up and I got up not too far behind him. After he left for work. I took the vanilla spray and sprayed the sheets real good. Then went back to bed an hour later. No more stinging! I just love my vanilla spray. LOL Martha Mae also gets them on her and brings them into the entertainment room at night. So we end up with them on our clothes which we then undress in the bedroom/bathroom and they crawl off. Then they follow the scent of human to our bed. Viola! Bugs in the bed, feasting on us. I've sprayed the yard with vanilla spray in the past, but with the little bunnies out there eating the grass? I really don't want to spray right now.

TB: You are still welcome to come cook for us. You'll just have to learn how to cook Southern style. LOL

Amy: How DO YOU graduate?

Cangel: What exactly are you looking for in recipes?

I just counted 10 bunnies in the backyard. Four of them being the babies. The runt hangs out up here with us at the back door. BTW! We have a large heavy duty plastic mat at the bottom of the steps. Jethro was raking out around it yesterday and found a baby snake. He called me outside to show me the DEAD snake. So if there's one! There are about 100 more around here. I have NO clue what kind of snake it was. They probably hatched out under our long porch. It's dark and damp under there. As long as they eat the mice/rats, stay out of sight. I don't mind them being around.

I now have four windows along the railing on the porch. I just love it. It's so nice to see out into the yard and not be looking at a blue tarp across there.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-06-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

(((cangel))) This is what I found Menudo Recipes there recipe looks delicious.

Here is a tease..lol.

Do you like Oxtails? Failed Taper a ex SR member give me a recipe for Oxtail to die for.

Here is another tease..lol.

Mouth watering
TB
Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

((TB)) Thanks for the recipe resources!!! I will check them out.

I thing that ((TOD)) asked a good question though. What I really love are old and time tested recipes from families for slow cooked things. Basically what I classify as "peasant" food. There is great stuff out there to eat that is made from the cheaper cuts of meat .... the offal etc. This is the stuff families lingered over and the cooking that made the house a "home". I have a bunch of these from my family but they are all British in nature and I really love spicy food so am always looking for "grandma" tested recipes.

Ok...I am a little obsessed about this but I do cook for myself and then try what I think worked on my family when I get the chance. My kids love my menudo but I am not satisfied with it......if I could get an authentic family recipe to try it would be great.

Anyway....cooking for me is a big "hobby". Nothing I like better than doing it from scratch....and by hand....the more basic the better!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

TB: Just realized the oxtail recipe wasn't there.......please share...the best ever when it is cold outside!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
TB: You are still welcome to come cook for us. You'll just have to learn how to cook Southern style. LOL
(((TOD))) Forget that Southern style cooking. I'll bake a Lasagna with sweet sausage and my home made meatballs that will make (((Jethro))) forget what day it is.

I now have four windows along the railing on the porch. I just love it. It's so nice to see out into the yard and not be looking at a blue tarp across there.
Take pictures of your new porch. Take pictures of the bunnies. We want to see.....

love ya
TB