Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I meant that cruising around the big flat basin
It's kinda rolly polly around here, lol...
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
DK-- one of my favorite things is driving the backroads around here. I used to go backroading all the time (that's redneck for getting-drunk-and-driving-dirt-roads) but now I just drive around and think. Of course my car turns rusty red from the red dirt roads, but I kind of like it. I usually play some loud music too, something I can scream along with.

Maybe I should start listening to Slayer.

"South of Heaven" is a good start then work yourself into "Raining Blood" and "Angel of Death".

Slayer Rules, Brah !!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

When I told the landlord that I was going to get some legal advice, he accused me of harassment and making threats. He called Susan yesterday and told her that they were gonna seal the roof, lol. I'm still waiting to hear from one of our local attorneys...
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I used to listen to some Slayer in the mid 80's and a band called Exodus. And of course Metallica...

Just like I remember it, lol...

Last edited by doorknob; 05-06-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm better today....getting back i the groove....i hope...thanks for being here.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

HUGE :ghug3 Nanda....glad you are feeling better....

Im doing the happy dance for ya!

Sorry bout your lack o fun roads over there DK maybe you can have some of mine, I have plenty to share!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I feel fabulous today! I attended the morning session of our annual Leadership Conf this morning and we had an awesome speaker, very very motivational. 2 quotes from this morning that I loved:

"Be kind to the idiots in your life, because you're the idiot in someone else's life"

"We're all angels with only 1 wing, we need others to hold us together"

Happy day.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Up from the ashes

DK, You listened to Exodus? I saw those guys in concert. What a throw back. It’s been quite a while since I even thought about that.
Esoteric 80s metal:
YouTube - Manowar - Fast Taker
YouTube - Megadeth - Mechanix
YouTube - CIRITH UNGOL - Atom Smasher
Sorry, local band…
YouTube - Sentinel Beast "Phantom of the Opera" 11/10/07
LOL epic fail

Went to a meeting yesterday. The guy described it like this:
It’s like you’re allergic to strawberries.
And the one thing in the world that you can’t remember is that you’re allergic to strawberries.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Yay Phal!!!

I managed to get the first bit of my list for tomorrow done already. Went to the store. Nice. This cold is killing me. Goodnight!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Freepath View Post

LOL epic fail.
And here I thought I was the only one on SR that used those words. YEAH to the fact I'm not alone.

And the one thing in the world that you can’t remember is that you’re allergic to strawberries
I really like that analogy. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:08 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I'm checking in fully recovered (from the flu).
Glad to read you are feeling better. Rest up a bit tomorrow though so you don't get it back. I hate that!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

ok...checking in...

i'm tired....feeling a little vunerable...i'll stay out of dangerous places and sittuations today I hope....I'm not sure why when i feel most vunerable i seem to be the most drawn to situation that will confuse and hurt me?

So...then i think isolation...

aH....i see the connection...See I'm an all or nothing kinda person, so if I am feeling the need to hide and self protect...my instinct it to move into a vunerable position and set my self up to be hurt so that i have an excuse to totally shut down and isolate.

When i did this last time in a big way...i was up close and right there in my relationships...till the day i isolated..and then it was complete isloation....I know that for those people effected by it...they never saw it coming...it was like I just was there one day and not the next.

Solution...MMMMM...today instead of putting myself in the position to be hurt...i will stick to safe places an people. I'll try to be of help to others and keep the focus off myself...just for today..till i settle a little...

today i will not cut off my nose to spite my face
Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post

today i will not cut off my nose to spite my face
Now THAT'S good thinking !
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Never settle.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my first grade back for grad school. A in Environmental Organic Geochemistry.

I took regular geochemistry last semester while drunk and high all semester and barely managed a C, and don't actually remember anything except watching the prof lecture one day while coming down off meth and thinking how much I hated the class. And that was a prerequisite for this. And I hate geochemistry. But I got an A!!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

well...right after i posted yesterday morning....i got lamb blasted by someone lol

I really wasn't putting my self in a vunerable position..i didn't think..but...it's ok...i made a few nasty remarks ... i guess i do think if someone is hits you with words it's ok to hit back a little...

Anyhow...i immediately ran to a safe friend, talked about it and asked for and recieved some assurance that i am not scum. I know that knowledge has to come from within, but until it does i will occationally need some reasurances. I'm getting better..but a long road lies ahead i think.

so...by 8:30 i was able to put this all aside, worked hard and had a very straight up conversation with my boss after recieving 6 new projects..basically that they would not all get done in a timely matter and that that has nothing to do with me not working hard, but with it simply being too much to accomplish in the time frames given...she seemed to understand and it's pretty much do the best you can with the time you've got...so now i don't have to worry i'll freeze and not be able to explain why things aren't done in the next 3 weeks....i already explained and she won't be suprised.

I may still need to be a little careful this weekend...but i'm on steadier ground

Thanks friends (hug)
Old 05-09-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

wow ananda that sure is a lot think about so early in the morning lol j/k

anyway..i was thinking about gratitude lists today and how they always make me feel uncomfortable. Everytime I start thinking about what I'm grateful for, i immediately start thinking about people who are in much worse shape than me, not just addiction wise-but in general, you know, all the people dying from cholera, malnutrition, war, etc.. and what strikes me is that these people are still more grateful than I am.. they don't need to be told to make lists or to be reminded of it, even though they're in extremely dangerous and uncertain circumstances. So what's wrong with me? Am I really that spoiled and out of touch with reality that I can't really appreciate what I have?

I never casually mention being grateful in conversation.. but other people, people who are really *grateful*, are always saying how blessed or lucky they are are, and its not akward to them. So whats the point of lists when I can never reach that state of being naturally grateful?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Check in. *click*
Old 05-10-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by Freepath View Post
DK, You listened to Exodus? I saw those guys in concert. What a throw back. It’s been quite a while since I even thought about that.
Esoteric 80s metal:
YouTube - Manowar - Fast Taker
YouTube - Megadeth - Mechanix
YouTube - CIRITH UNGOL - Atom Smasher
Sorry, local band…
YouTube - Sentinel Beast "Phantom of the Opera" 11/10/07
LOL epic fail

And the one thing in the world that you can’t remember is that you’re allergic to strawberries.
LOL @ the Kreator video !!

YouTube - Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos - Official Video in Hight Quality (HQ)
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Resident

Hello all.
It has been a while so I thought I would check in.
Hope all is well in the secular world.

Nothing much new with me.
Just keeping keeping on.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Up from the ashes

i immediately ran to a safe friend, talked about it and asked for and recieved some assurance that i am not scum.
That made me laugh….so how did that conversation go?
Listen, you’re not scum. You’re not fungus, you’re not algae, you’re not bacteria, you’re not a lower class mollusk. You’re even more evolutionarily complex that an ape or a pig! Isn’t that wonderful?!?!?
Tell your boss to go drink Draino.
That always works for me.

Everytime I start thinking about what I'm grateful for, i immediately start thinking about people who are in much worse shape than me, not just addiction wise-but in general, you know, all the people dying from cholera, malnutrition, war, etc.. and what strikes me is that these people are still more grateful than I am..
You know what burns me up? When people say “I love my job!” Especially when they work behind a cubicle or drive a forklift or something.. Perhaps the fact that you are not grateful is testament to the fact that you are not happy. Personally, I have had to go through a huge amount of introspection to figure out what I want, and now it’s very taxing to extricate myself from the world around me in the name of going out and getting it. One of the hardest things about being sober is having to face the absence of happiness with the way things are.

LOL @ the Kreator video !!

YouTube - Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos - Official Video in Hight Quality (HQ)
Niiiiccce! That video rocked my socks off!