Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V

Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Tried out another new trail today, and it rained most of the time I was out. Pretty cool. It was a little shorter than the other trails but a lot more challenging with steep muddy hills to climb up and down.

Waterfall

Snapdragons

Raindrops
Old 04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Part of it is rebound anxiety and part of it is that we are in a dispute with our landlord, who sold us (rent to own) a trailer with a leaky roof that is full of mold and my gf has been sick from it for quite some time.

If you're kind of stuck in the house for awhile you might want to get some cool coat and paint it over the roof of that trailer. You gotta get to the source of the mold...the moisture...then the mold will go away.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Oh yeah, if he knew about the leaky roof and the mold and he didn't disclose it to you when y'all signed the contract then you need to get a lawyer. You can nail his @ss real good if she's sick. Have a mold inspection done, get the lawyer, get the jerk's sweet moolah.

Listen to Uncle Rico.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

He claims he didn't know. If I had known, I could have coated the roof before winter, but we didn't know anything about trailers. We just needed a place to live really bad. The tenants before us left this place trashed and disgustingly dirty and we worked our a$$ off to clean it up (while we were living in it). We accepted it as-is and got a "special price", but didn't know the roof wasn't water tight. Water leaked into the walls all winter long. We just want out of the contract and to get our $1,500 down payment back, plus the extra $30 bucks a month for the lease option. We should get more for what my gf has had to go through while we've been here, but... I got some numbers to call for legal advice tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I betcha he knew. If you can get in touch with his former tenants I bet they don't like the guy and I bet they'd testify that he knew about the mold. Try using the carrot but I bet that if you take him to court the judge'll see it your way. Did you sign an "as is" waiver?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

There isn't anything in the contract that says "as-is" and there is a clause that says; "Seller warrants to purchaser that the mechanical equipment, electrical, gas and heating systems, and water and plumbing systems and all built in appliances are and will at close of escrow be in good operating condition and that the roof is watertight." Of course, we moved in in the middle of the summer, when this area is dry as a bone.

And our neighbors are good friends with the previous tenants, who also don't much care for this company. Now I know why they left the place the way they did.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
"Seller warrants to purchaser... that the roof is watertight."
Should be 'nuff said right there. He warranted it was watertight, it is not.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Should be 'nuff said right there. He warranted it was watertight, it is not.
That's what I thought, but he mentioned to my gf about the part that says "at close of escrow" suggesting that he is no longer responsible. Honestly, I don't even know what that means...
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Never settle.

That sort of thing is why I skipped law school. I actually thought about it and then decided... maybe not.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Paul,

Close of escrow means when the sale is completed.

It seems to me that you are technically still renting, with an option to buy clause, and certain monies from the monthly rent are being held towards the purchase price.

I'd make an appointment with legal aid. Dollars to donuts this contract can be invalidated pretty quickly, or the owner held liable for the mold condition.

Go for it.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Up from the ashes

DK:

If it's making someone sick, I found a helpful hippopotamus who has some advice:

Otherwise...

If you rent it:
http://www.wsba.org/media/publicatio...ord-tenant.htm

If you own it:
Mold | Indoor Air Quality | US EPA
Do it yourself: mobile home roof repair tips

Man I’m pooped today. Draggin.
Sober though….

Last edited by Freepath; 04-30-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: wardrobe malfunction
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Friday peeps! Is it time to go home yet? I've had a toothache since last night and it's making me very ticked off. The weather has been humid all week and I've been having horrendous night sweats (from anti-depressants) and I'm thinking about shaving my head; doctors office just called with results of tests I had last week and although the news isn't traumatic it isn't great either as I have several fractured bones-2 in back 1 in leg- I've had back surgery before and won't have it again; my blood work is screwed up too it seems with low white blood count and a vitamin D deficiency which caused the aches and pain and fragile bones. I think I need a BIG bag of M&Ms a major haircut and lots of sleep.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Never settle.

It's raining again and I have tickets to an outdoor concert tonight. Hope the storm moves off before this evening because there is NO WAY I'm missing this concert. I saw this band last October and it was one of my goals to be clean and sober when I saw them, I really wanted to enjoy the concert and not be on drugs/alcohol. Instead I went on a week-long meth and coke binge and had to drink 4 or 5 beers at the concert just to feel normal.

So, I have a big weekend planned! A late night tonight (my favorite band doesn't even start until 10:30), early morning two-hour drive to a renaissance faire tomorrow, then drive at lightning speed home for another concert tomorrow night. And Sunday I guess I had better finish the last of my assignments for the semester.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I probably won't be on much.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
If you're kind of stuck in the house for awhile you might want to get some cool coat and paint it over the roof of that trailer. You gotta get to the source of the mold...the moisture...then the mold will go away.
From someone who is too "stoopid" to put his pants on, no less. I think you must be trying to hide your better qualities from us.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by evmdimples View Post
Jumping in with a big splash! I think I'll hang out with you guys for a while, what a great neighborhood! I remember walking during a big rainstorm, as a young teen, with my mom... we decided to enjoy it, I remember jumping into big ol' puddles splashing water all around... great fun, need to be doing more of that today, maybe a new tool for the recovery toolbox... face the rain, don't avoid it! Nice to meet you all! (ps: gneiss, energy was off all over the place yesterday, so glad it's a new day! - Freepath: I can't stop laughing!
Hello to the new kid on the block !
Old 05-01-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

god....its another one of those days.....I'm taking the correct actions as dictated by the circumstances and my beliefs....and it is still scking....

I do believe that if i persist it will create a better enviornment for me, but....well it might be a ways down the road....

Just plugging away at it.....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Wowsers. It's 3:30 in the morning, got home a little bit ago. I got home covered in beer-scented mud from that concert. Honestly, the mud was so insane I might skip tomorrow's show. Makes me a little sad but we'll see how I feel. Honestly, the drunken cowboys were expected but highly obnoxious tonight. Especially the one who was standing behind me, headbanging like crazy (dude... wrong place. This is COUNTRY music) and managed to basically headbutt me. That really didn't feel good at all. Still have a headache. But... off to bed for about 3 hours' sleep then more fun and intrigue tomorrow!!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Took a break from SR...did anyone notice? Probably not because I was only gone for like 24 hours. Guess no one had that reaction huh? lol
I just cant stay away, guess I like you guys too much. :ghug

I am going to make a schedule for myself today, which will probably be figured out on my thread. I NEED some structure!

Today is all right so far. No up no down. Guess I am floating in the middle.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vividserenity View Post
Took a break from SR...did anyone notice?
I did notice that you didn't send me your e-mail for a picture of the rice.
Not that it matters, they both look bad ! I think the idiot rice looks best...how did I manage that?

Glad you're back,
I also noticed TSH, glad you're back too !
Katie too!
and Bam.
Am I forgetting anyone? That's called CRS, my fault, you're all in my heart anyway !
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

i noticed viv (hug)

My breaks last about an hour...so i don't bother to post about them anymore (hug)