Old 05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Freepath
Up from the ashes

i immediately ran to a safe friend, talked about it and asked for and recieved some assurance that i am not scum.
That made me laugh….so how did that conversation go?
Listen, you’re not scum. You’re not fungus, you’re not algae, you’re not bacteria, you’re not a lower class mollusk. You’re even more evolutionarily complex that an ape or a pig! Isn’t that wonderful?!?!?
Tell your boss to go drink Draino.
That always works for me.

Everytime I start thinking about what I'm grateful for, i immediately start thinking about people who are in much worse shape than me, not just addiction wise-but in general, you know, all the people dying from cholera, malnutrition, war, etc.. and what strikes me is that these people are still more grateful than I am..
You know what burns me up? When people say “I love my job!” Especially when they work behind a cubicle or drive a forklift or something.. Perhaps the fact that you are not grateful is testament to the fact that you are not happy. Personally, I have had to go through a huge amount of introspection to figure out what I want, and now it’s very taxing to extricate myself from the world around me in the name of going out and getting it. One of the hardest things about being sober is having to face the absence of happiness with the way things are.

LOL @ the Kreator video !!

YouTube - Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos - Official Video in Hight Quality (HQ)
Niiiiccce! That video rocked my socks off!