Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part V

Old 05-23-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

What's up?

I stink so I'm going to shower. If the temperature climbs over 75 and there is the slightest hint of humidity....well....I'm fat and I sweat. A lot. I really need to lose some weight.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
What's up?

I stink so I'm going to shower. If the temperature climbs over 75 and there is the slightest hint of humidity....well....I'm fat and I sweat. A lot. I really need to lose some weight.
:rotfxko
Old 05-23-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
Join me in the goals thread, Bam, post your daily caloric intake to hold yourself accountable.

Phal

I tried doing that with Spark People and I lasted a week. I was obsessing...and that wasn't good.

I'm slowly cutting out the junk. I went shopping today and got some fruits and whole wheat stuff.

The less I think the better I do. IDK.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Today in my 7 miles I met a frog, a turtle, and a glass lizard (that's a legless lizard. Not a snake).

It was pretty much a herpetologist's dream vacation. I also met poison ivy. Gah.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Since I started walking every day my beer cravings have vanished. Not only am I not interested, but when beer does cross my mind the next thing I think is, "Too many calories." Whatever works.

Now... if only meth had high calorie content. Hmm....
Hey Gneiss! If the calorie count for meth isn't high, the tooth loss count is!

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Hey Gneiss! If the calorie count for meth isn't high, the tooth loss count is!

Love,

Lenina
Hahaha. Yes, there's nothing like watching an old tweaker, is there? Lovely teeth. Dead sexy, really.

I'm thinking about a road trip. A friend in Albuquerque has invited me out for a few days, he even offered to pay for the plane ticket but I won't let him. He thought maybe a change of scenery would be good for me, a few days not in this place, around these people. I agree, so I hope I can get the money together for it.

What I'm not sure about is how this will go over. I have known this guy since I was 15 (I'm 28 now), and my sister has always *liked* him, since the day they met. In fact, she tells people they are dating. So I asked him about it. He said he would never date her, had no interest in a relationship with her. I have no idea if he said anything to her or not about this. If I go she will be furious if I don't take her though neither he nor I want her around. I think it might just be good to tell her I'm going to visit my ex then head off to New Mexico instead of Southeast Oklahoma. Only a small difference, right?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Gneiss,

Sometimes "stretching the truth" becomes a lie. I wouldn't do that in this situation. Your sister will take it badly if and when she finds out. Be careful, my friend.

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
You can get that close to a snake, but clowns freak you out!?

Great pics, Gneiss!
Ha! It's NOT a snake!!! It's a legless lizard. Different evolution, different morphology. The most obvious differences are tail length (a snake is mostly body, hence more supple. Legless lizards are about half tail, so less flexible), and jaw structure (snakes have flexible jaws that can be unhinged to eat prey larger than the snake's head. Legless lizards have a fixed jaw so must eat prey smaller than the lizard's head). But thanks, Phal.

Gneiss,

Sometimes "stretching the truth" becomes a lie. I wouldn't do that in this situation. Your sister will take it badly if and when she finds out. Be careful, my friend.

Love,

Lenina
Right. O what a tangled web... good advice, Lenina.

This would be a flat-out lie from the start. No truth-stretching involved. Guess I'll just have to be blunt. If she asks where I'm going I will tell her. If she throws a fit (and she will) I will tell her to put on her big girl panties and deal with it. Another couple months and I'm moving out so I don't quite care what she does.

*Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose...*
Old 05-25-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Gneiss,

I liked your pics! Interesting about the legless lizard. I thought it was a snake. Hmm, I may have to get into a whole Jungian thought process here!

BTW, I don't mind snakes. I had pet lizards as a child. Did you know that snakes were consider sacred to the Goddess of Old? There's theory out there that's why the snake in Genesis was the "evil one" along with the woman. Patriarchy being what it is! LOL

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

A good weekend so far...been watching some high speed automobile wreckage's on the tube (aka auto racing). I'm still warped with my favorite sport...be it motor sports......speed on wheels. But that's cool...I is what I is...a bit demented at heart.

So far it looks the rest of the Coca-Cola 600 got rained out. I say bring out the rain tires and let the games continue...ah but they wouldn't do that with NASCAR...yet. Other wise its a pleasant day here by the coast in CA. Hope you-all having a good day as well .
Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

God I felt sick yesterday from all the war glorifying. And thats what memorial day is. Why don't we have a civilian casualty day? Why don't we have an end all war now day?

Yes..many people died for my freedoms but it wasn't just the people in the military who did. History is more complex than that. And what about all the bad that our military has done around the world? The soldiers in Vietnam and Iraq did not die for our freedoms. They systematically slaughtered entire populations to please our greedy government.

I refuse to celebrate memorial day and that does not make me a bad person. I will never celebrate violence no matter where when or why it was done.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Mr. Legless Lizard kinda freaks me out.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yo!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi I am new. I go to smart recovery meetings instead of NA. Just wanted to say hey!

JenX
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Welcome, JenX.

Phal, hope the headache goes away.

Life goes on as usual. Don't know my sister's deal but she's been after me all day. Seriously, I can't figure out what I did this time-- probably continuing to exist. *Sigh* I understand that she doesn't like me and I'm fine with that; I quit caring about it a long time ago. But can't she just leave me alone?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

gneiss,

What's your sister on about? Just stuff? A particular subject? Or the endless rehashing of old material?

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I kind of browsed over this entire forum for a bit and somehow have settled here.
I like this thread.

So, "hi."
Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, OldManJudo and JenX. Welcome to the secular side of SR.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Never settle.

gneiss,

What's your sister on about? Just stuff? A particular subject? Or the endless rehashing of old material?

Love,

Lenina
The $64,000 question, Lenina. She's just mean and there's no reason for it that I can see. I didn't even really talk to her this morning. Today she walked into the office as I was finishing a sentence, gave me a dirty look, and asked if I was talking to her. When I said no, she gave me another dirty look and said, "Good." So I basically didn't talk to her the rest of the day when I could avoid it. On the way home we were discussing road trips in general, and I said I preferred solo road trips because I could do my own thing, stop when I wanted, etc. And she said, "No, you like them because you're a b!tch and no one wants to be in the car with you anyway."

Now, usually I am pretty good at figuring out what I did (she seems to have a hair trigger temper with me anyway, so even the tiniest little things make her mad at me). I'm really at a loss on this one. I didn't say much to her, and what I said was garden-variety stuff that doesn't *usually* make her mad... unless she didn't take her meds. But she took them so I have no idea.

My theory: she's disabled and she ran the house when we were kids. My parents have this weird guilt complex about it and give in to bloody everything she wants, and if not she throws a temper tantrum-- on par with the finest spoiled 2-year-old-- until she gets her way. I got tired of it and stopped caring what her latest tantrum was about, I don't give in just to shut her up (but my parents still do). She doesn't like that but has never learned another way of doing things. So it makes the tantrums worse but at the same time I try not to make it my problem. It's still pretty miserable to be around her though.

I've asked a number of times when she does this what her problem is, but she never has an answer, she just gets mean and changes the subject or blames someone else (again, something our parents let her get away with).

Small comfort in the fact that she no longer hits/kicks/beats the snot out of me. I can hear my dad now: "If you'd just be nicer and understand what she goes through she wouldn't be so angry and she'd stop hitting you." Thanks, dad. Mental illness = perfectly acceptable reason to beat up your younger sister. Sure.

Wow. That was long. Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

checking in ! Hi everyone