Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

So now the therapist says I am to go to five AA meetings a week?

So now the therapist says I am to go to five AA meetings a week?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

sfgirl, you're a GOOD person !:ghug3
Old 03-20-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
I understand you don't like people accusing you of making excuses, Katie, but what program are you working? You haven't found one that quite suits you yet. What are you going to do until you find one updated and agreeable? I think if you were to actively start working a program others would be less likely to think you are making excuses and more likely to believe you are making efforts.
Thanks, that's a very good question. Firstly, I am going to look into the resources that sfgirl provided. There IS treatment available to me here, I just couldn't find it. So...that is the plan.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I am glad it helped. I would have done it sooner but I honestly thought you knew about those already. I am realizing more and more how difficult researching this type of stuff is because when you type in typical queries in the search engines horrible link farms and for profit referral sites come up instead of legitimate links. It really aggravates me especially when the web can be such a tremendous resource. Sometimes it is also difficult to tell the legit from the hustle. I am trying right now to compile a list of legit links, organize them well, and put them on a website to make it easy for people to research from there so people can do it quickly and not worry about the for-profit factor which has been bothering me ever since the rehab ripped you off and really just brought back memories of my old job working with criminal defense attorneys who were complete hustlers. Ugh. Life and death matters mean a lot to me. I can't understand how people toy with it. The least I can do is lend my skill set which I guess happens to be internet researching.

Two more links for you....

For filing complaint against treatment center in CA
Comments & Complaints : California Alcohol and Drug Programs

Arizona Dept of Behavioral Health
Arizona Department of Health Services: Division of Behavioral Health Services
Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
I am glad it helped. I would have done it sooner but I honestly thought you knew about those already. I am realizing more and more how difficult researching this type of stuff is because when you type in typical queries in the search engines horrible link farms and for profit referral sites come up instead of legitimate links. It really aggravates me especially when the web can be such a tremendous resource. Sometimes it is also difficult to tell the legit from the hustle. I am trying right now to compile a list of legit links, organize them well, and put them on a website to make it easy for people to research from there so people can do it quickly and not worry about the for-profit factor which has been bothering me ever since the rehab ripped you off and really just brought back memories of my old job working with criminal defense attorneys who were complete hustlers. Ugh. Life and death matters mean a lot to me. I can't understand how people toy with it. The least I can do is lend my skill set which I guess happens to be internet researching.

Two more links for you....

For filing complaint against treatment center in CA
Comments & Complaints : California Alcohol and Drug Programs

Arizona Dept of Behavioral Health
Arizona Department of Health Services: Division of Behavioral Health Services
OMG! You are too good! I did call the treatment center here in Scottsdale and am going to follow through on it. I feel RELIEVED! It's all do to your research. It is non 12 step based and they use Vivitrol, which is a monthly shot akin to Naltrexone. I can't believe you found the site for the complaints against rehabs in CA. Anyway, they have three M.D.s on site and a therapist. There was no hard sell here. They told me to call them when I was ready, which is Monday. After getting burned, I wanted to think a bit but it's really a no brainer. They did tell me they are well known in the treatment circle, although I've sure never heard of them. At any rate, thank you SO VERY MUCH! for your help.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Awesome! I take naltrexone daily. I don't know if it has helped in the sense that I don't really have a baseline of life sober without it but I figure it can't hurt. Also, if you don't have insurance I think that daily naltrexone is cheaper because you can buy it generic at Costco pharmacy (costs me $40 dollars a month—don't have to be Costco member to frequent pharmacy) than Vivitrol which I am not sure how much that costs but pretty more expensive since it is not generic. All this is moot point if you are insured or if it is covered in total cost of program. Just putting that out there since that is always my battle being uninsured. Good luck! Keep us posted!!!

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
OMG! You are too good! I did call the treatment center here in Scottsdale and am going to follow through on it. I feel RELIEVED! It's all do to your research. It is non 12 step based and they use Vivitrol, which is a monthly shot akin to Naltrexone. I can't believe you found the site for the complaints against rehabs in CA. Anyway, they have three M.D.s on site and a therapist. There was no hard sell here. They told me to call them when I was ready, which is Monday. After getting burned, I wanted to think a bit but it's really a no brainer. They did tell me they are well known in the treatment circle, although I've sure never heard of them. At any rate, thank you SO VERY MUCH! for your help.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Well, I am having a tour of that facility (the non-12 step one that SFGirl found for me here) today at 3. After the last place, I want to check things out first before taking the plunge and having an assessment. But it does look promising right now.

I meet with my therapist at 4:30 then it's a SMART meeting at 7. They added another SMART meeting here so that brings it up to four I can go to for sure, and maybe one other.

Thanks to all and a HUGE thanks to SFGirl :ghug
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear this positive news Katie!

And SF girl be proud of you yourself for doing something positive to help another addict.

:ghug2
Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to hear Katie. Hope this one is right for you.
Good luck.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Awesome! I take naltrexone daily. I don't know if it has helped in the sense that I don't really have a baseline of life sober without it but I figure it can't hurt. Also, if you don't have insurance I think that daily naltrexone is cheaper because you can buy it generic at Costco pharmacy (costs me $40 dollars a month—don't have to be Costco member to frequent pharmacy) than Vivitrol which I am not sure how much that costs but pretty more expensive since it is not generic.
sfgirl, Vivotrol is $750 a shot!!!! (well, the shot is $225 but they charge $750 for the Dr. to inject it) The first one is free, but I cannot afford that. So...tomorrow I am going to ask my psychiatrist for a prescription for Naltrexone. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

ridic— yeah, I am pretty positive vivitrol is naltrexone in slow release shot form, $40 vs. $750, I think I could handle taking the pills every day. I think the normal pharmacies charge above $100 for one month, but I am telling you Costco Pharmacy is amazing although it can be out of the way....
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

ridic— yeah, I am pretty positive vivitrol is naltrexone in slow release shot form, $40 vs. $750, I think I could handle taking the pills every day. I think the normal pharmacies charge above $100 for one month, but I am telling you Costco Pharmacy is amazing although it can be out of the way....
Nope, three miles from my house. I was just there today
Old 03-26-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

katie

i take Naltrexone daily and it help me immensely! just sent you a pm, or tried to, lol

hope all is well w/you and am glad you are hanging in there, still seeking help

hugs, blessings and luv