Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
sfgirl

Awesome! I take naltrexone daily. I don't know if it has helped in the sense that I don't really have a baseline of life sober without it but I figure it can't hurt. Also, if you don't have insurance I think that daily naltrexone is cheaper because you can buy it generic at Costco pharmacy (costs me $40 dollars a month—don't have to be Costco member to frequent pharmacy) than Vivitrol which I am not sure how much that costs but pretty more expensive since it is not generic. All this is moot point if you are insured or if it is covered in total cost of program. Just putting that out there since that is always my battle being uninsured. Good luck! Keep us posted!!!

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
OMG! You are too good! I did call the treatment center here in Scottsdale and am going to follow through on it. I feel RELIEVED! It's all do to your research. It is non 12 step based and they use Vivitrol, which is a monthly shot akin to Naltrexone. I can't believe you found the site for the complaints against rehabs in CA. Anyway, they have three M.D.s on site and a therapist. There was no hard sell here. They told me to call them when I was ready, which is Monday. After getting burned, I wanted to think a bit but it's really a no brainer. They did tell me they are well known in the treatment circle, although I've sure never heard of them. At any rate, thank you SO VERY MUCH! for your help.