Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

So now the therapist says I am to go to five AA meetings a week?

So now the therapist says I am to go to five AA meetings a week?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

so i think i can handle the drive, altho i do hate driving in magor traffic? i am from idaho, and globe traffic is ok, but when i hit mesa, i get nervous, lol!
my sponser and i are thinking of going to the mall this week in mesa? would you like to join us for lunch? we can pick a spot close to your house, or even pick you up, k?
hang in there katie, we all love you!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

katie i used to live in long beach, ca? but i was young then, hehe....but i need to challeange myself w/driving....i aint dead yet so might as well get used to driving in the big CITY lol

love you
Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Have any of you guys ever heard of this?

Alcoholism Treatment | Cocaine Treatment | Meth (Methamphetamine) Treatment - An Innovative Outpatient Treatment for Addiction - The PROMETA Treatment Program
Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

yes thanks i am in iop and go to meetings the others day that i can!!!

ty so much for the help!
love in sobriety!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

katie

Stop Drinking free - Non AA - Non 12 step - History of Idiocy

check out this site, i think is has all you want!! you have to copy and paste sorry, could not get to work any other way? silly me?
:ghug2 and am

:praying for you!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Stop Drinking free - Non AA - Non 12 step - History of Idiocy

katie, look at this option? it might help you!

keep not drinking and keep believing on yourself!!! you are a good person!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Wow that's a great offer for a lunch jowinbo, what a nice thing to offer. Regardless of whether the person accepts it is a nice thing to do and should not be seen as rejection if that person decides not to accept, that is the decision of the person invited and no reflection on you!

I would come too but i would need to fly over from Madrid and then find my way to you guys...but the main reason is i haven't been invited;-)
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
daisydookie278

Katie,
I agree with you about AA. I've been to over 200 meetings in my life so I can have an opinion about it. The neurotic AAer's can't judge or tell me what to do. I would be really upset if I was tricked into the rehab. I went to a rehab this summer. It was 12step based but also strong emphasis on spirituality, yoga, hypnosis, mountain climbing, and art. We were required to go to the meetings daily. It wasn't all that bad. Luckily they taught us how to meditate, the meetings were the perfect time to practice! What I'm saying is, meditate or take the hour to really think about life,love, or God. Good luck!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

hey yea!!!! ty you are welcomed to come to lunch anytime! just a short flight, right, lol

love ya for the thought and kindness!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Katie, where tha *bleep* are ya? Hope you're doin' okay.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

katie

i :ghug wow i just typed a long note, only to have it dissappear somehow? lol

i hope you are doing well katie! i worry bout you!

the offer for lunch still stands! and yes, we need to invite yea!

i hope you continue on your road to recovery and sobriety, and find the kinda peace we have! i love you sweet woman, and only wish the best for you, always!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

yea, ty for your concern...i can deal w/rejection as long as i know my concern is genuine, which it is! ty sweetie, hagd in sobreity!!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Why is AA this sacred cow that no one is allowed to disagree with?
That's pretty odd, no?
It's a catch 22.
One of the requirements for being considered as someone who's "working the program" is to submit to a higher power.
What if you don't believe in a higher power?
If you refuse, nobody in AA takes you seriously.
They act as if it's a denial of addiction or recovery.
If the shoe were on the other foot and religious people were required to deny a higher power, there would be no AA right now.

The concept of the 12 steps and the idea that your recovery is dependent on a higher power is based on the notion that a belief in god is universal.

$13K is an atrocious amount of money for a program.
Especially one that's religious based.
It seems like the people that handled your intake were operating on the idea that the fact that you wanted a non-religious program was a denial or stall tactic to prevent yourself from having to go through with it.
Or else they're salesman who will do anything to get a person in there and locked into the monetary contract.
The latter is the most likely.

I've suspected the 12 step program to be a process of indoctrination for a long time.
There are people who want to be clean SO bad that they just do it.
No 12 step, nothing.
Cold turkey.
This is proof that the whole 12 step program is simply not necessary.
You CAN just make up your mind to be sober.
Which means recovery is NOT based on a higher power, and your life wasn't unmanageable.
Yet, AA would have you believe that they are your only hope.
I wonder how many people end up becoming religious after "God cures their addiction via the 12 step program"?

How is it though that these therapists can force you to go to AA at all?
Is this the result of a possession charge or DUI?

Personally, I'd be f*ckin furious if this happened to me!
I take it very personal anytime someone tries to manipulate me with divine lies.
Most people don't notice it, but that happens more than people are aware of.
I consider the religious concept of satan to be an anthropomorphic representation of the "evil that humans do".
That being said, I also consider the bible to be the biggest trick satan ever conceived.
So yeah, I am saying that satan(evil men) wrote the bible under a pen name.
The concept being that if this truly were a battle between god and satan for our souls, what better way to win than introducing a book that's believed to have been inspired directly from god.
I mean, all is fair in love and war.
So what would prevent this from being the case?
God promised not to interfere.
So why would he prevent satan from publishing a novel in an attempt to deceive gods children?
He wouldn't!
So it bewilders me that this idea has eluded the religious since day 1.
It adheres to the age old tactic of hitting your enemy where he thinks he's strongest since that's the 1 place he'll never expect you to hit him.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Thanks, Fultang. Welcome to SC!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Katie, where tha *bleep* are ya? Hope you're doin' okay.
Thanks, doorknob, I am here So happy you asked this. My friend is going to get me a cleaning crew tomorrow as my life has fallen apart. He even suggested I go live with him and his wife for a month in CA. He knows I need to get the heck outta dodge, as this place is going to be my demise. Anyway, thanks for asking
Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
i :ghug wow i just typed a long note, only to have it dissappear somehow? lol

i hope you are doing well katie! i worry bout you!

the offer for lunch still stands! and yes, we need to invite yea!

i hope you continue on your road to recovery and sobriety, and find the kinda peace we have! i love you sweet woman, and only wish the best for you, always!
Yes, yes and yes! I'd love to have lunch with you. Let's make a plan. I will pm you with details and then we can go from there, ok? And thanks so much!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hey Fultan, great post!

I try and understand this i believe, i don't believe thing, but i don't understand either side. One side is absolutely passionate about being religious and the other is absolutely passionate about not being religious. I'm kind of in the middle, I wake up in the morning and thank God, i don't know what that means but i just have to thank someone for being sober, maybe i should thank myself but i don't feel that i have done it by myself...maybe i should say 'thank you mother nature and the **** my parents had to spit me out into this world so i can experience the joy of being sober after the heartache of drinking'...i guess i could shorten it to 'thanks mother nature' and hug a ******* flower?! hehe

Seriously though I get what you mean:-)

Look forward to mixing it up with you in secular soon, have a good one!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fultang View Post
That's pretty odd, no?
It's a catch 22.
One of the requirements for being considered as someone who's "working the program" is to submit to a higher power.
What if you don't believe in a higher power?
If you refuse, nobody in AA takes you seriously.
They act as if it's a denial of addiction or recovery.
If the shoe were on the other foot and religious people were required to deny a higher power, there would be no AA right now.

The concept of the 12 steps and the idea that your recovery is dependent on a higher power is based on the notion that a belief in god is universal.

$13K is an atrocious amount of money for a program.
Especially one that's religious based.
It seems like the people that handled your intake were operating on the idea that the fact that you wanted a non-religious program was a denial or stall tactic to prevent yourself from having to go through with it.
Or else they're salesman who will do anything to get a person in there and locked into the monetary contract.
The latter is the most likely.

I've suspected the 12 step program to be a process of indoctrination for a long time.
There are people who want to be clean SO bad that they just do it.
No 12 step, nothing.
Cold turkey.
This is proof that the whole 12 step program is simply not necessary.
You CAN just make up your mind to be sober.
Which means recovery is NOT based on a higher power, and your life wasn't unmanageable.
Yet, AA would have you believe that they are your only hope.
I wonder how many people end up becoming religious after "God cures their addiction via the 12 step program"?

How is it though that these therapists can force you to go to AA at all?
Is this the result of a possession charge or DUI?

Personally, I'd be f*ckin furious if this happened to me!
I take it very personal anytime someone tries to manipulate me with divine lies.
Most people don't notice it, but that happens more than people are aware of.
I consider the religious concept of satan to be an anthropomorphic representation of the "evil that humans do".
That being said, I also consider the bible to be the biggest trick satan ever conceived.
So yeah, I am saying that satan(evil men) wrote the bible under a pen name.
The concept being that if this truly were a battle between god and satan for our souls, what better way to win than introducing a book that's believed to have been inspired directly from god.
I mean, all is fair in love and war.
So what would prevent this from being the case?
God promised not to interfere.
So why would he prevent satan from publishing a novel in an attempt to deceive gods children?
He wouldn't!
So it bewilders me that this idea has eluded the religious since day 1.
It adheres to the age old tactic of hitting your enemy where he thinks he's strongest since that's the 1 place he'll never expect you to hit him.

Sorry for the rant.
Well, wow, what an excellent post. The bottom line is this place misrepresented itself. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home, safe within these four walls. Now, I know I have a job to do. My friend can only stay here for so long. Nonetheless, he is committed to help me out of this morass. I've gotten to know his wife via this and we could be like sisters.

I left a message for his attorney today, as I am prepared to fight this deal. It's ironic that a place that professes to help people would rip someone off, but such is life. I am still waiting on an $8200 credit to come through. Then I pursue the $3K. I am not letting this one go. I cannot afford it and I won't be lied to. BTW, no possession or DUI charge. Just had a concern for my health.

So...anyway you said some really good stuff in your post and thank you.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Glad to hear you're okay, Katie.

I have a question... what are you hoping to get out of an inpatient treatment?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Katie, good to see you back here on SR today.