Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
I am glad it helped. I would have done it sooner but I honestly thought you knew about those already. I am realizing more and more how difficult researching this type of stuff is because when you type in typical queries in the search engines horrible link farms and for profit referral sites come up instead of legitimate links. It really aggravates me especially when the web can be such a tremendous resource. Sometimes it is also difficult to tell the legit from the hustle. I am trying right now to compile a list of legit links, organize them well, and put them on a website to make it easy for people to research from there so people can do it quickly and not worry about the for-profit factor which has been bothering me ever since the rehab ripped you off and really just brought back memories of my old job working with criminal defense attorneys who were complete hustlers. Ugh. Life and death matters mean a lot to me. I can't understand how people toy with it. The least I can do is lend my skill set which I guess happens to be internet researching.

Two more links for you....

For filing complaint against treatment center in CA
Comments & Complaints : California Alcohol and Drug Programs

Arizona Dept of Behavioral Health
Arizona Department of Health Services: Division of Behavioral Health Services
OMG! You are too good! I did call the treatment center here in Scottsdale and am going to follow through on it. I feel RELIEVED! It's all do to your research. It is non 12 step based and they use Vivitrol, which is a monthly shot akin to Naltrexone. I can't believe you found the site for the complaints against rehabs in CA. Anyway, they have three M.D.s on site and a therapist. There was no hard sell here. They told me to call them when I was ready, which is Monday. After getting burned, I wanted to think a bit but it's really a no brainer. They did tell me they are well known in the treatment circle, although I've sure never heard of them. At any rate, thank you SO VERY MUCH! for your help.