Notices

First post, Need help, Can't sleep

Old 07-24-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

I agree it's a private email from her. I'll check with her first. It's just another step in her forgiveness and another step for me in recovery. Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Woooo - Hoooo!! Your HP, whoever/whatever you believe him or her to be, brought these folks into your life to help you on this journey, at least that's my take. Terrific news and so glad you had a great day!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Paused

Right on Dom! Things are going great. I agree, isn't it funny how things just simply fall into place? Everything for a reason...
Old 07-25-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Morning Dom...so glad to hear you may be going to your first NA meeting, that is so awesome!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Hello everyone! Today was weird, I had little motivation and basically felt depressed. But that all changed at around 2pm. Another dear friend of mine called me, and asked me about my withdrawal, because he is now going through withdrawal. I tried to say as much as I can, and I think it worked, because he is also coming to the meeting!

I called Bob right away (left a message) and told him that Ken and Matt will be joining us at the NA meeting. I feel great, I feel I have inspired my true friends (there are many other guys that I KNOW I will never talk to again). I hope we can all recover together.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

That's great...there is strength in numbers. Keep an open mind at the meeting and definitely let us know how it goes!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

We Do Recover. Never Alone Never Again est. 1953
http://soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-anonymous/
Old 07-25-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Paused

See how your sobiety has having an affect on others? We give back what we get...what a wonderful thing.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

WOW! What an amazing journey we are all on, huh? You are doing terrific. I just sat here and read all of the posts. You sound like a real go-getter. Good for you. I truly believe you will like the NA meetings. I go to AA and I love it, I wish I was able to get to more, I need to MAKE the time. I really would like to go every day, but sometimes we arent afforded that.

I just wanted to wish you well and applaud you for everything, your honesty, your emotions and your willingness to share all of it with US.

Star
Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Good morning Dom...good to see you today. So did you go to a meeting?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Let Go & Let God

Yeah -- How are you doing??
Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Just feeling nervous today, but I have no craving to escape it. Tonight in therapy I'm telling my Dad about my use, and the beginning of my recovery. I'll feel much better once I get it off my chest.

Over the past week we've gotten along pretty well. He's helping me get over my car addiction, and helping me to organize my funds to pay off my debt.

My first meeting will be Thursday (tomorrow night) with my friend that also posted in this "newcomers" section.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Let Go & Let God

Wow, I'll be thinking about you tonight. I'm so glad you will be with your therapist -- a safe place. Not that there is any danger, but just for emotional support and someone there to help your dad (and mom) understand.

Thinking about you and your friend on going to your first meeting as well. Just remember that everyone there is just like you, and just like us. They all want to help you!!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I hope things go well tonight with your therapist!! I will be thinking about you.

Christie
Old 07-27-2006, 03:00 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

It was very hard but now my therapist knows and also my Dad. I'm going to see him alone next wednesday, and he did say that anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication may help me if those feelings continue.

Today will be different because I won't be stressed out as much, thanks again for caring. Tonights the NA meeting and I decided to take a seperate car just incase my friends aren't as serious as I am.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Let Go & Let God

I'm so proud of you, Dom! That took a lot of guts. Now you know you can do anything!!

Good plan about taking a separate car. I tend to do that in a lot of different situations -- just in case I start feeling uncomfortable or whatever. I have an escape route.

Have a great time at the meeting tonight!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

How did the meeting with your dad go?? Was he understanding?? I hope so because that will just be another support for you. If your parents are on your side it makes life alot easier. I hope you like the NA meeting.

Christie
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Hey Dom...glad to hear you got that weight off your chest. Keeping big secrets like that stinks. Now maybe everyone involved can start to heal and move forward. Please let us know how the NA meeting goes.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Out of 4 guys that originally wanted to go, I think 2 are going, me and my friend that also posted in this newcomers scetion.

My Dad was in shock, he asked a lot of questions but luckily he didn't go into detail about the amount of my usage, but I admitted that I am an addict. He is going to be supportive, along with my mom. Our therapist did concentrate on the way my mom talks to me (a lot of anxiety does come from her).

As for work, it started off badly, today... I couldn't even get out my car. I really don't know why, depression? anxiety? I start at 7am, at around 10:30 I noticed a text message from my GF. She was having another bad day and so was I. So I just decided to drive out to her job about 30 miles, met her for lunch and we talked. I felt better, when I got back to work I actually did some work-orders (for the first time this week!)

I know I won't go back to drugs, they just won't make me feel "good" anymore because of everything I just went through. BUT, I want to feel better and it doesn't feel like time is working right now...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hi Dom! I really appreciate you keeping this thread going and allowing us to follow your journey along with you. You're helping so many others by sharing this. Thank you for your openness.

Focus on your recovery. Glad to hear you're going to go to NA. I think a 12-step program of some sort is a HUGE part of recovery. NA saved my life, no doubt about it. And, I LOVE IT! I look forward to meetings and functions. It's a big part of my life and my family's lives. And I'm very grateful.

Try not to worry yourself so much over what your parents are thinking and feeling. That's a completely different subject/issue. That's something they, themselves, will need to work on. You've told them the truth and explained to them that you're seeking help now. Someday, you can make amends to them for any wrongs you've done to them due to your using. But for now, Dom, first things first. Don't pick up. Don't use anything. Go to a meeting. Get a sponsor. Start working the steps. Try not to isolate. Take it one day at a time. You'll be amazed with your new, improved life a few weeks from now!

We're with ya, my friend. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine. I'm proud of you!

Love, Kelly

Oh, maybe you can listen to some recovery while you're at work. That always motivates and inspires me. Kind of a personal meeting of your own. There are lots and lots of websites out there with speaker downloads. For starters, maybe you could give this one a try: XA-Speakers - The lights are on! There's NA and AA, Alanon, CA, OA, etc.