Notices

daughter in prison

Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

daughter in prison

Hi,
I am new to this site. I have a daughter that has been in jail for a week in the state of Florida for possession of cocaine charges. I was wondering if there are any other mom's in these forums that have dealt with this sort of problem, I am sure it is NOT unique, I just need to be pointed in the right direction to find some folks to talk with.

My daughter has a beautiful 5 year old son. He is with my X son in law and is doing okay. My daughter has been addicted for about 2 years or more...being the NOT drug savy person that I am, I had no idea when I visited her in Florida or when she came here. She spent months and months lying to me on the phone. I am sure I paid for some of the drugs, with money that I thought was helping her and my grandson.

Her X husband who really still loves her sent her here to Maine in Nov. we picked her up from the airport and she was in a drug stupor, she also had two black eyes...someone had beat her up and her x could not stand it anymore he thought sending her here would be an answer to getting her some help...we took her immediately to the emergency room...no one really helps you there, they looked her over and said take her home and let her sleep it off...she uses crack/cocaine...we took her home she slept for about 4 days...she weighed nothing..we feed her good food, I found a rehab and a day treatment...she made lots of excuses why she could not do that right now...she found a job after two weeks, worked four days and pretended to work the rest of the time...8 days before xmas she told her dad and I what ***** we were for minding her business and that it was our fault she was here away from her home in florida...she told me that I was..well you get the idea....she walked out of the house with two suitcases didnt' bother to tell us where she was going...she went back to florida cuz my x son in law called to tell me...she has not called us to say she was fine or anything, not a word...UNTIL, until a week ago today...she called and tried to reverse the charges, she was in jail...florida has a website that you can see why people are in jail so I looked it up and she is there for cocaine charges..the bail is 7500 and for another charge for some drug without a prescription 2500...apparently she was in jail over night for some other charge on xmas eve and was supposed to appear in court in the beginning of Jan and did not..so she was denied bail for that offense...my phone is broadband service so i cannot accept long distance charges...i say thank god to this because it takes my choices away for awhile...inside my heart I want to get her out of jail, but inside my head I know for positive that jail is an upgrade to her life...she lived from place to place and drug to drug, she told me when she was here that she was even prostituting for her drugs..I really could not believe it...I am trying really hard to fight any urges to get her out, because I know for sure she will go to the next street corner and do whatever she has to in order to get crack...I have feared so much we would hear from the police in Florida that she died of an overdose...I hate to say this but at the very least in jail I know she is alive...god I hate this...sorry to make this so long but its just spilling out of me...
I really do appreciate reading a good deal of what folks wrote here especially the recovering ones, it reminds me not to lose hope for her.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome,

I am sorry for your situation.

This thread may help you:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...es-prison.html
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....Hugs

Short version of my experiences..
.both my daughter and her son
finally quit drinking and drugging in prison.

They do attend AA/NA years later
or so it seems.

You are doing what I finally did.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome, envision -

i'm the mom of a 22 year old cocaine addict and alcoholic - my daughter is in early recovery. alanon and private counseling really helps me, and i post here a lot.

come on over and say hello on the friends and family forums, if you haven't already? many moms over there, who understand.

blessings, k
Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Hi, envision, and welcome to SR...

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

The best suggestion I have for anyone struggling to cope with the consequences of a loved one's addiction is to seek support in Al-Anon (http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/meetings/maine.html). For me, it's an invaluable source of free support and information. My guess is you might find some answers and some comfort there...