Notices

Who wants to join the newbie count?

Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

Count me in!

Day 2 for the 4th time...but I find strength and encouragement from all of your experiences.
P
Old 05-13-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

Count me in!

I find strength and encouragement from all of your experiences.

P
Old 05-13-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Welcome to everyone new. I can relate oh so well.

My date of sobriety is May 13, 2005...........

I will lose everything I put before my recovery.

(((GIGANTIC HUGS))) COMING YOUR WAY...........
Old 05-14-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Good morning everyone. And the newbies, glad you are here. It's a cool day. My husband surprised me last night and brought me home a car that was just like the one that got totaled. It is so hard to find one and I can't believe he did! My kidneys feel better and my husband still has my pain pills so I think I will open the sunroof and go for a drive this afternoon.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I got through day 5 and today is day 6. So good to get up on a Saturday morning and not be hung over. I have a list of things I want to do today, none of which include drinking. I am moving towards something better one day at a time.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

1 week for me today!!!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Watchin' The Wheels

Feeling like a hermit today. Weather makes me want to sleep all day. Can't, kids to take care of. Sad about my deal, when did I become an alcoholic ?when I was 13 and downed a 1/2 bottle of vodka? Maybe when all my friends and family drAnk and I feLT more comfortable and less shy IF I joined in. What a ****! I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ALCOHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

(((Hugs)))

Catching up on the posts!

Hi everyone!!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:21 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Inspiration

Hi Everyone...I'm new here. You're all an inspiration to me. Already inspired and helped by what I've read. Will keep coming back....gotta end the cycle.

Thanks,
Dolfinn
Old 05-15-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hi Dolfinn, glad you are here reaching out! Stick around with the winners!
You can do it!
Old 05-15-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be the beginning of day 3... --> my head feels like it is gonna explode.

I sure hope this is the last time I go thru these withdrawals. I don't ever want this again....

Much better days ahead...............AND I CAN COUNT ON THAT!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:23 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Approck how you are feeling is TOTALLY normal. Have you tried some meetings (AA) where you can get f2f support and make a whole lot of cool new firneds? And have some fun in the process! I have not been utilising the tools available to me (AA & sponsor) as much as I should have hence my current predicament! But I am going to get back on track. I was going to about 1 - 2 meetings a week - I KNOW pathetic, I know it works, and then don't work it. Well, I am going to go to a meeting EVERY night this week. I have never done this before. I need to get a HUGE reality check. I am looking forward to it.

How is everyone else doing?

CAthy31
x
Old 05-16-2005, 02:35 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Watchin' The Wheels

Friends??? That is another problem of mine. I have always been a loner. Shy/awkward around new people. Once I get to know them I can losen up, but that was due to me "getting legless" I am afraid to go to a meeting where there are mixed ages and mixed sexes. I hope tonight ( it's a W meeting ) will go as anxiety-free as possible.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:16 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Really like your post Invisible about how nice it is to wake up on a Sat morning and not be hung over....what's that like?? Hope to find out this Sat morning. And to have all kinds of plans....none of which involve drinking. ALL of my plans involve drinking.

Looking forward to learning how to have fun without booze.

Have a great day all.

Dolfinn
Old 05-16-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Hoping For A Miracle

Good luck! You can do it Dolfinn!!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

April, Good luck at the meeting!

Dolfinn, it sure is an amazing feeling to wake up Sat. morning without a hangover. You will love it~~

*Day 3*
Old 05-16-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Morning everybody...wow, haven't logged on since Friday and look at all you folks! That's awesome and welcome to each and every one of you, glad you're here. Today is 24 days, 9 hours and 7 minutes of sobriety for me...friggin' amazin!

((Approck)) Don't worry...Sunday was not a good day for me and I sat in my garage floor and bawled like a baby about how it wasn't supposed to be this way...I was not supposed to be an alcoholic addict (but I am) and I was not supposed to have to raise my sons by myself (but I am), I was not supposed to not have a significant other in my life, and I wanted to drink or use SOOOOO bad...

...and then I turned my eyes and my thoughts upward and turned it over to my higher power. The desire to use faded away, I got up, dusted myself off and went outside and lo and behold, the thing that set me off in the first place was taken care of by a friendly next door neighbor!

Can we say divine intervention???
Old 05-16-2005, 07:47 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Congrats to all who are here posting. You're awesome and very inspirational to me.

I made it through day 7 and today is day 8 for me. I feel good physically and psychologically. Weekends are a big problem for me so having gotten through this hurdle is huge for me. Thank you for your support.

Approck, I'm a bit of a loner too so I can relate. I am shy, almost paralyzingly so. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Dolfinn, it's an amazing feeling to wake up on Sat/Sun morning and have CHOICES! Choices about what I can do with my day rather than "Oh my God, how am I going to get through this hangover!"
Old 05-16-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Good morning all, and the newbies welcome. Congrats to everyone on their cleantime. I'm hoping to re-join the count soon. I wish I could say I am clean right now but I'm not. But I'm glad you guys are doing great. I go back to the doctor this week to check on my kidney and I pray everything is ok. I'm ready to get back on the bus and hang on tight!!

((((HUGS))))
kathy
Old 05-16-2005, 08:46 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

We'll be here when ya get back Kathy!!! Don't be gone too long!

I'll send up a prayer that you get good news at the doctors...