Notices

Who wants to join the newbie count?

Old 05-11-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Just wondered how everyone was doing. Tomorrow would be 30 days for me but it's not. Friday I started feeling bad and I was thinking that I had a bladder infection. Since I had an appointment with the dr Thursday I decided to wait to save a little money, I don't have insurance. Woke up in the middle of the night on Monday thinking I was dying. Finally after a while I couldn't stand the pain and I called someone and spent the rest of the day loaded. Went to the doctor yesterday morning and my kidneys are infected. The worst pain in the world, I think. She gave my Vicoden but my husband has it. The pain is so bad I want something but I know if I have the pills, they will be gone before he comes home from work. I know I'm not abusing them with my husband having them but I want my clean time to be just that. So when the pain is gone and I'm not taking anything, then I will start my clean time again.
Hope everyone is ok and have a great day.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

O.K., day 3. I am a little beer thirsty but determined.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Kathy, I've had kidney infections before, not fun at all...

Day 1 for me.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

19 days, 13 hours and 14 minutes for me. This is not an easy thing to do and I'm real glad to see all of you keep on trying even if you fall down.

Just take it MOMENT BY MOMENT if you have to.

Praying for us all...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hello,

This is day 4 for me. I'm nervous about the weekend but I have been laying out a plan.

Good going Hope and mishelly!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

It is good to have a plan.

I went running today and feel A LOT better!!

I Have someone calling trying to get me to go use but I AM NOT GONNA USE TODAY. He can just go somewhere else .

Today is the day I'm taking care of myself.

Good going friends!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Day 2
Old 05-13-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Morning all. (((Hope))) Hang in there, you can do it. Just be strong. Are you taking in any meetings of any sort? I'm hitting at least five a week, both AA and NA. Today is 21 days for me and I know, for me at least, there is no way I could have done that without the support I get at the meetings and from this site. ((SR))

((Invisible)) A plan is good, how's it coming along?? Weekends are tough, I mean, that's the epitomy of party time, right? I have a plan for weekends too...that's when I hit the most meetings!!! So far it's working pretty darn good, so I think I'll keep right on doing what I'm doing!

((djshubert and na4today))) How ya'll doing...still hanging in there
Old 05-13-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

hey mishelly...just hanging in. I'm starting to feel a little better, been drinking lots of water. Sounds like you are doing great!
Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

((djshubert and na4today))) How ya'll doing...still hanging in there
Still here!! Saturday will be one week for me! I haven't had too rough a time, except for some sleeplessness and loss of appetite but I know it will soon pass. I feel 100% better than I did last week when I was still getting high. I have more energy and I feel like a more positive person. Glad to see your doing well also!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. Let's all hang in here together, just one day at a time.

We are making great steps forward with our lives and it is amazing the places we can go.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:50 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Watchin' The Wheels

Hi, I'm 2weeks free from my drinking.
Too bad I have a court date coming up and face probably 4 days in jail. My bac was .33 when I rear-ended a dui defense lawyer's 2000 Lincoln! The cop said he would have been in a coma with that level. I thank God that nobody (myself included) was hurt. My two young boys need their mommy!!!! I don't even f*ing remember hitting the car and "fleeing" the scene. Can I stay and get some support?
Old 05-13-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

(((approck1976))) Congrats on two weeks and of course you can stay, and welcome to SR. You'll find lots of folks who have been where you are...and back again! 'Bout the court date...try and look at it this way...four days is better than four years, right?

Good to see ya'll checking in and staying sober...keep up the good work!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
The real thing

Well, I might as well join since I fit in so well. I started out Friday the 13th in the emergency room cause I passed out on my face in a parking lot. So today is day one for me.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Keeptryin! WELCOME!!! It's great to have you here - you did so well before - 20 months!! Saw it on your other post - you can totally do it again! I'm sorry about the sliip I know you must feel really bad right now...but you know it will get better...just get through today which is prob the worst.

APPROCK1976 - welcome too!!!! those blackouts are SO bad I know how you feel - the court date will be closure, and whatever happens WILL be for the best, as hard as it might seem now. well done on 2 weeks! wow! I am back to day 3.
Love
CAthy31
x
Old 05-13-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Hi Keeptryin and approck1976, welcome to SR
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
The real thing

Thanks for the kind words Cathy. I'm really sorry for what I keep doing to my family. I have depression issues and I've not been taking good enogh care of them. I got a serious blow and jumped right back in the bottle. No excuse for it.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Watchin' The Wheels

Depression seems to be a big factor in alcohol problems. I have it. I also was diagnosed bipolar. So I'm also familiar with wild highs(not substance induced). A twelve pack and a bottle of wine always hit the spot. I kept telling my husband that I needed "time for myself", and my boys (ages 4 & 5) were my partying buddies. My husband has been really great with supporting me and not putting me down since my dui and everything. I do believe that things happen for a reason. Now my meds will actually work for my disorder and my family won't have to put up with a miserable drunk.

Last edited by approck1976; 05-13-2005 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add smile
Old 05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
The real thing

That's great about your husband. My wife is the same way for the most part. She's getting tired of it though. 21 years is way too long to have to deal with me. It just never goes away. Well, I'm going to bed soon and I'll have one day complete. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Hoping For A Miracle

Congratulations on one day! That's awesome. I can only hope that my boyfriend (B) will be able to do that one day.