Notices

Who wants to join the newbie count?

Old 04-29-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi, still hanging on..... more cravings today, very powerful but did not give in. So I'll be heading into Day 8 tomorrow. Thank you Lord!! And friends at SR!!

Grateful recovering addict here....
Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Hope and all other newbies...I just want to say that the courage and strength to get through each and every day is in your heart.! You's are in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Keep on keepin on!!!! Great big Hugs coming your way
Old 04-30-2005, 07:47 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I've made it to 19 days and I'm soo happy. I can't wait until I get my 30 day tag again but I hope this will be the last time I'm up for it. Just want to keep going and be clean each day. Hope everyone is doing great.
has anyone seen Nevermind who started this great thread?

Have a wonderful Saturday!!
kathy
Old 04-30-2005, 03:13 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me.

Kathy, you're doing great!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I feel far from great today. I'm still clean but at this time I don't really want to be. Anger has taken over. I found out the drunk driver who hit me got out of everything. She had 4 tickets the night of the accident and the city attorney didn't want to file charges so she got her license back to go on with her life. I'm left with no car, physical therapy every day, medical bills and scared of the road. Ain't life dandy??!!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Originally Posted by na4today
I feel far from great today. I'm still clean but at this time I don't really want to be. Anger has taken over.

I can totally relate to that...this is the start of day eleven and I want to "escape" so bad I can hardly stand it

...thank my HP I can come to this site...keeps me hanging in there when I can't get to a meeting.

(((SR)))
Old 05-02-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

Originally Posted by na4today
I feel far from great today. I'm still clean but at this time I don't really want to be. Anger has taken over.

Dear Mishelly .....

I can truly truly relate! Please read a post I just made. ANGER is a big part of why I drank.

Try to distract yourself by doing something you like (listen to me ..... I should listen to my own self)

Wishing you well and hoping your day gets better!

Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglegs
Just curious.

I know sobriety can be done. How many times did it take you to get it right? What were your motivations? If you relapsed, what caused it & have you stayed clean since?

Thanks

Sadly, I lost count. I'm new to sobriety and certainly have relapsed and am very ashamed of it.

I know it can be done ..... but one must WANT it.

MOTIVATIONS: alienating and losing the respect, love, and presence of my loved ones (including two daughters)

Why did I relapse ..... although this sounds like an excuse (and perhaps it is), but it was sadness, stress, not knowing what else to do, and feeling that geeeee, if I just have a drink it'll be alright! WRONG! VERY WRONG!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

(((Kathy))) Hang in there! You are clean and everything will fall into place. It helps to talk about the anger though. I know for me, anger was a big trigger and I had to do things to help get rid of it. You're doing great and I'm here for you.

(((Mishelly))) Hey there, you're doing great to! Trust that your HP will bring you to where you need to be. Things get better as long as you don't pick up! Pray for the obsession to be lifted.

Hi Maria, glad to see that you stopped by!! (((Maria)))

Today is day 10 for me, feeling so-so today. Glad that I am still sober. Life is smiling at me.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

11 days today.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Good for you Hope! Keep it up!

Findingme...what's the name of the thread you wanted me to look at?

When I go to bed tonight it will be the end of my twelfth day clean/sober...I never count the day until it's over! And today hasn't been too bad as far as wanting to drink/use. Thanks all for your support and well wishes.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Hey everyone 22 days here. seems like forever since this thread was started.
Hope, you are right, I am clean and everything will fall into place, maybe not when and how I want but it will. Way to go on 11 days.
Mishelly, congrats on day 12. I understand counting the day when it's over. I count the day when it starts but it isn't official until I'm in bed.
have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Day 12

ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE IT, BUT SOMEHOW GOD DID FOR ME WHAT I COULD NOT DO FOR MYSELF. AND YOU KNOW HOW THAT PHONE IS 1000 LBS. WHEN YOU NEED TO USE IT? STILL CLEAN AND FEELING PRETTY MUCH OK WITH LIFE FOR THE MOMENT.

(((SR A-Z)))
Old 05-04-2005, 12:19 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

It's day 1 for me. Heh it always seems to be day one. I don't feel too bad, just VERY tired and achy, aside from that it's not too bad. I look forward to day 2,3,4,5,30,60 and so on.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Natsta, welcome to day 1. Just don't use for a day at a time and the numbers will take care of themselves.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Hi Natsta, welcome to SR. It's 23 days. I'm getting excited aout getting my 30 day tag back next week!!
have a great day!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

7th day for me and struggling through it but determined to succeed...!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:56 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys. Day 2 is about to end. I hope I get through it though, I feel like I probably won't.

Anyway thanks so much for the welcomes!!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

(((SR)))

Day 14 clean/sober is almost over...and for the last two days the cravings have been less strong and fewer and further between. Hope it stays that way!

One and all!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
levine

hi everyone, newbie here. today is day two and this site has been so helpful already. i went from feeling alone to feeling surrounded by support. i know this is going to get really tough but i'm willing to face it. let's all keep going!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Almost through day 6 :weh