Notices

Clean House Time Again

Old 05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Time to really catch up on the lost days...........Sorry I have been gone so long .....................Life continues without me.......We all have things to do on a daily basis and no one else can do your recovery stuff for you...................Remember that..........Only you can do what work is important to keep yourself in line.............Days go by so fast and keeping account of your program is the best thing you can do for yourself.......Each day is a Blessing........The smiles, Hugs , meetings and so much more is important to your program.......Keep up the good work ......NO SLUFFING OFF.....Not for a minute.......Keep in touch with those in the program and those that make a difference in your life today.....You will feel your life change for the better........................Today is what counts......every minute of it..........Hugs to ya all and Smile......for it feels good to pass on on to someone that needs one................................Little Penguin
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

The time has come when we need to face our worst fears..........this is a tough one in Recovery.......But there is a time when we need to clear the air of the things we least like to do..............It will help us to smell the roses better and enjoy life to the fullest..................So get up off your duff and get moving.......What are you waiting for???? There are no short cuts here in recovery and I have thought about that many times.........I asked God to show me the way and have never been let down yet..................I have climbed the highest mountain and have also slid down in more ways than I can remember...........So for today it is climb up and don't look down....................One day at a time.......This keeps the house clean and that feels good to me................Love ya all.......Little Penguin
Old 05-04-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

The day is almost over for some of us and just starting for others..........But this is no time to sit around......There is still lots of cleaning to do within your heart and keep moving in your Recovery.....................You have done a good job so far as a little bird told me........And if you think this is not so then you have lots to catch up on................No time to think about how awful you feel.....It is time to work those steps and put your thoughts on paper...........One moment at a time is good and you have the hole day and night if may be..................Be patient with yourself when you get down to the led in that pencil.......There are plenty of Hugs here for you and someone that understands how you feel right now.........................I have been there and am still there working my little fingers as hard as I can.........Remember this - that the Program you work is for the rest of your life.....Make the best of it and learn all you can .....Just for Today..................Love ya all............Little Penguin
Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Having a little trouble focusing on the Clean House issue? You are not alone..........One moment at a time is all it takes.......Patients is the next thing to be with yourself.......Nothing that needs to be done is going to come in an instant..............That is why you are in a program that teaches you to take one day at a time.........Learn all you can today and the rest will happen.........You will fall many times trying to make your little world the way it is to be for the rest of your life..........It will come......But not the way you expect.......Keep coming back and learning all you can..........Most important keep working the steps and clean that inner house..........You will see the light in your little world........God is good to us all and wants us to learn ONE MOMENT AT A TIME......JUST FOR TODAY.........................Little Penguin
Old 05-08-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Feathers ruffled today? Fear Not, as this is why we have a Clean House session each day with ourselves............This is the most important part of the Recovery process........It does help if you let it happen......................Just sit back and listen to your mind go over the steps of the program you are working on and go from there.......The steps will talk to you slowly.......Things will absorb within as you sit in a quiet place to just think....................Cleaning House is a good thing in our lives...........It takes us to a place we thought was lost .........This is within ourselves......The setting outside must be right......maybe pick a peaceful place by the ocean, in a park alone with nature, or some quiet place that you can really think within the house you live.............Whatever the place , take time to read the steps and work ONE AT A TIME........Just for today and this moment.............Think about what it is saying to you and take that pen, paper and just put into words what you think................Listen to your heart.....................CLEAN THAT HOUSE.............One day at a time.................................Hugs to ya all and have a great day......................Get some fresh air..........Don't let your feathers get ruffled today..........If they do it is time for a meeting, a walk, some fresh air to think and find someone to talk to.......Just for today......................................Love ya all.........Little Penguin
Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Sometimes life seems so hard to get through each day......Without the program in my life life seems boring...........Yes ....there are things in our life that seem to fit us just right.....And there are things that just mess up the future for us......Working our program keeps us on our toes.............Keep up the good work, go to meetings, greet new comers, talk to a sponsor, get plenty of Hugs, Work the steps and be Happy Just for today ...........One moment at a time.......The program really works if you work it...............This is What Recovery is all about......Doing good for yourself and those around you..........One day at a time..........Know you are loved and Hugs are always there when you need one.............An understanding Heart is always here for you.....and a listening ear............Keep coming back.........................................Love ya all.........Little Penguin
Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Clean House today .......Get some exercise ...........Smell the fresh air.........and touch the life of someone that needs lots of Hugs..............Don't be afraid to ask questions about your program............Work the steps One day at a time...............Seem a tough order? Not so.....Take one moment at a time to think about what you need to do just for today.........Don't do tomarrow what you can do just for today at this moment......................Never work everything out all at once.......................One thing at a time.......Slow and easy.................Ask God for a little patience and keep moving forward.............................Smile and know you have lots of friends in Recovery..........This is the best place to get lots of HUGS................................Little Penguin
Old 05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

You know you are in the right place.. ..Clean House is up to you One day at a time.......One moment at a time.........Take the time and find a quiet moment to listen to your heart and what you need to do for yourself in your Recovery Program..........Keep coming back and know you have lots of friends that will listen to ya here...............Love ya all .....Hugs always...........Little Penguin
Old 06-15-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Long time since the Clean House thing has been done........Look at all this mess......Now the clean up is long over do.................No time to waiste..........I can use some help if anyone wants to grab that broom over in the closet.....Watch out for the nasty spider before you open the closet door....................................That is better.....Now I can see the light and it is time to continue this cleaning................................Having trouble seeing the light from your side....? I'll help you get started for now and then the rest is up to you .........Let's go outside for some fresh air.........Have a seat and enjoy the fresh air as the inside is such a mess that it will take some time to clean up.............................Hope you are making notes..........I will pray for you today while you get your feet in a relaxing place ..............Now start reading the steps one at a time......And start from the first step........You need to review what you started............Keep going and I will check with ya all later...........................I need a walk to think a bit myself.........More of a cool down from all this cleaning I have done myself.......................Keep up the good work and Keep coming back............Little Penguin
Old 06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hang in there today and know that what you don't get done today you can finish tomarrow.......................One day at a time ........................Be good to yourself and know that this program is your life......It will now go away ......you have friends in this program that are willing to listen ..........Hugs are always around...............Keep coming back...........................Little Penguin
Old 06-16-2006, 06:22 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Feel like you need a break from all this recovery stuff? We all do once in a while.....BUT this is your life Now and the road will never be smooth........The rough spots remind you that you still have a problem and that needs daily work.............Keep moving forward as you are doing the right thing to make your life better..............................The Hill climb will be tough and yet you will come across some flat areas to rest a while.......................Know you are loved in this program and the Hugs are always here for you any time.......................................So , just for today keep one foot in front of the other and you will see some results coming your way.................................Love ya all ................Keep coming back and continue working the steps..............................Just for today............Little Penguin
Old 06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
cmc

When you clean up and have lots of trash to toss, what do you do?
One thing that helps with "cleaning up' are good trash bags! The kind that don't tear open- because when they tear all that garbage in there starts to 'peek out' and we really don't want to look at that stuff do we? oooooohhhhhhh .... what is that awful smell? Just one more reason to tie things up real tight and invest in some quality plastic bags- no more of those thin cheapie types around here.
Don't forget to take it our to the street on trash day so it can be hauled away.... far, far away! Good riddance to bad garbage!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Just so you know .....The trash will always build up........But it is up to you to Clean House and clear the trash out..........There will be tough days to deal with and that can be taken care of by going to your meetings...............You can empty the trash you hall around there and no one will care.....They will listen and try to help you out.......................Lots of Hugs are there for you and people that understand the problems that follow you around.............As far as the smelly stuff in the trash bag, well, you can leave it in the trash for the garbage man to pick up ......No sense in opening that bag when you need to move on in this life and your program................................Keep moving forward and do the right thing for yourself........One day at a time.......One moment at a time is the best .............Keep working your program and get the fresh air you need to think..............Find a quiet place to sit and work on writing on the steps..............Keep up the good work and check with your sponsor as need be.........If you don't have one .....Find one close to you within the meetings you go to........................Be good to yourself today and keep moving forward..............................Love ya all ........I am here for anyone that wants to talk.............I try to check in on a daily basis............But other things do come up...........We all have a life and need to remind ourself that our recovery is important too..............I remind myself each day..............I will make more of an effort to be here for you all.............................Hugs to ya all and keep coming back..................................Little Penguin
Old 06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
cmc

that's my point! keep that old trash tied up tight and out of sight!
I simply can't understand why anyone (myself included) would want to rummage around old trash- let's all try not to revisit what was and enjoy wat is!
I need to remember to leave it there when memories of past hurts/failure/resentments etc- try to sneak up on me (pu!) and visualize them as yukky trash-in the can- out to the street- picked up- and taken away!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Oh, you are so right and are moving forward with your stuff...........This Clean House stuff goes on forever and that is the way of recovery...........................We got into this program for a reason and now we have it for life...........Keep up the good work and when things get rough it is time to sit down and think about what you need to do better..................................One moment at a time.............Working on the steps takes a few minutes a day and a little patience on your side..........................Don't be hard on yourself today as tomarrow is another day........Deal with the now.........Get up off that couch and get some fresh air............This will do you some good and besides staying bottled up inside does no good for your program......................................Get the needed HUGS for each day and go to meetings..............Your real friends are in Recovery Meetings waiting for you.............................Those that used to be your friends are no longer the type of friends that you need around.................Make a new life for yourself in the program and sit back and relax with it........You have lots of work to do here and you need to first start with your own Inventory...................................Be kind to yourself through this process and take it one day at a time.............Keep up the good work and know that you have lots of love in this program............................Love ya .............Little Penguin
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

The 4th of July is now behind us and the work never ends.........Hope ya all had a wonderful time watching those fireworks................I know I did from my own backyard................Time to get back to the recovery thing today and I had a little trip planned for all those that love adventure.............................So off we go for a little hike into the wilderness.....Pack up that pack and sleeping bag for an overnight adventure........Now, you are probably thinking this is stupid or something.........NOT so in my little book of Cleaning House...................This is something we all need with a small group within Recovery to stay sane....................This is good for everyone and don't forget to bring lots of paper and your big book..............Recovery work and step work is never done......This is a daily thing and no one said we couldn't have fun at the same time................Hike to an area with a group to set up camp with all the things you packed......This could be a day trip with no overnight stuff and that is fine........Go early to really enjoy the day.......Suggest you leave before the sun rises to watch the sun rise in the distance...............This is a relaxing time with no worries..............Sit back with your big book and pad of paper and think about the steps starting from #1 and go from there..............................Discuss it with others in your group and be sure you get your quiet time before your group discussion............................While walking take note of all the things you never noticed before your recovery.........Notice the difference? Take in the fresh air and notice any wild animals from the smallest to the biggest..................................Have a good time and enjoy yourself away from your work schedule.......................................... .Love and Hugs to ya all ..............Remember to take one moment at a time.......One day at a time......................Little Penguin
Old 07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

A day to cool off a bit from all the hiking around..................Clean House time can drain you of all the energy during the summer.................But keep on moving forward for now.........................You are in the right place today by checking in here.................Hugs are given away here and an understanding person knows how you really feel.........................I have been there and done many things in the past that I cannot change...........Today I can do better by sticking to my program.......This is a good thing and a great start to moving forward.......................We are on the right track by being in recovery..........Here others understand the ups and downs.........Keep coming back and keep up the good work with Cleaning House.......................One day at a time does help................................Little Penguin
Old 07-15-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hard to believe another week has gone by so fast.....................Sometimes our program can go that way and that means we are keeping busy.......This is good.......As a laxed program is not good........Keep up the good work and stay busy within your program....................Lots of contact is good and working the steps is the most important thing you can do for yourself today.................................One day at a time..........................Don't let the little things get you down and if someone you care about in the program falls back out into the bad world.....encourage them to return to Recovery..........BUT DON'T get tangled up in their mess........You still have your own mess to clean up............Keeping your own House Clean is the most important thing you need to do on a daily basis...........So take the time to do your book work and write each day.............Be good to yourself............Get lots of HUGS today and stay connected..............................Know you are loved.......................Keep coming back........One moment at a time.............................Hugs to ya all..........................Little Penguin
Old 07-18-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hey Penny,
Thank you for the messages. I'm still here and working away on my stuff. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and that you have been an inspiration to me. Am on the run today and hope you are doing well. Stay in touch.
Hugs, Val
Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

I am always here and glad someone does remember me for what I love to do...............My goal is to continue in Recovery and help those that want to find themselves in this program........It is one step at a time and a tough step .........We are in this together and the road will never be as easy as you may think.........With a positive mind and willingness the road to recovery is always here for you...........Keep coming back good friend and know I am praying for you each step of the way...............................A clean house is a well maintained house...............Think positive and know you can get all the HUGS you want here.....................................Little Penguin