View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
expenguin

The 4th of July is now behind us and the work never ends.........Hope ya all had a wonderful time watching those fireworks................I know I did from my own backyard................Time to get back to the recovery thing today and I had a little trip planned for all those that love adventure.............................So off we go for a little hike into the wilderness.....Pack up that pack and sleeping bag for an overnight adventure........Now, you are probably thinking this is stupid or something.........NOT so in my little book of Cleaning House...................This is something we all need with a small group within Recovery to stay sane....................This is good for everyone and don't forget to bring lots of paper and your big book..............Recovery work and step work is never done......This is a daily thing and no one said we couldn't have fun at the same time................Hike to an area with a group to set up camp with all the things you packed......This could be a day trip with no overnight stuff and that is fine........Go early to really enjoy the day.......Suggest you leave before the sun rises to watch the sun rise in the distance...............This is a relaxing time with no worries..............Sit back with your big book and pad of paper and think about the steps starting from #1 and go from there..............................Discuss it with others in your group and be sure you get your quiet time before your group discussion............................While walking take note of all the things you never noticed before your recovery.........Notice the difference? Take in the fresh air and notice any wild animals from the smallest to the biggest..................................Have a good time and enjoy yourself away from your work schedule.......................................... .Love and Hugs to ya all ..............Remember to take one moment at a time.......One day at a time......................Little Penguin