Notices

Clean House Time Again

Old 02-05-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clean House Time Again

When you thought this project was over it is time to work even harder than ever before. House cleaning seems the most difficult thing to do when the years drag even harder. But it is back to basics I say and crack open the old notes from before and start over. The cobwebs are the worse part but once through that the day looks a little brighter. A DAY AT A TIME is what it takes and I've decided that as an OLD TIMER in this process it is ok to start the process over and go back over the old stuff. It doesn't hurt and the HUGS are always there from start to finish.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm listening.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're listening as this process of HOUSE CLEANING was never one of my best till I learned it over a few weeks or more. When I first started my program the hardest part was to find the garbage can and start throwing away the old stuff I didn't want to be around. Even still it took lots of hard work ..... and a great deal of time we that requires patients. I remember how much I cried through all this ......and all I wanted to do is give up.....it seemed an easy way out but wasn't the right way in getting through my first steps......Hang in there and remember.....ONE DAY AT A TIME...
Old 02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by expenguin
it seemed an easy way out but wasn't the right way in getting through my first steps.
I'm listening as closely as I can, but I got lost right here. Can you expand on this part? I really want to understand what you are saying.
Val
Old 02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

hEY pENGUIN, SINCE WE'RE CLEANING HOUSES, CARE TO TAKE A TEENAGE BOY AND ALL THE JUNK HE COLLECTS.

MY GARAGE IS BEING OVERTAKEN BY HIS STUFF
Old 02-08-2005, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The older they get, the bigger the toys get. My garage and attic overfloweth too! But they always miss the one thing I toss. It never fails. So the stuff still runneth over.
Val
Old 02-08-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Mine Is Collecting Lawn Mower Engines. He Keeps Saying He's Going To Fix Them I Can C My Convertible Sitting Outside And Engines Over Taking My Garage
Old 02-08-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I see what you mean. Ours is full of old fishing gear, kayaks, inner tubes, floats, and an odd assortment of boating gear...all of which is hard to store. It's time to start hanging stuff from the ceiling.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Val- What I meant on "an easy way out, but wasn't the right way in getting through my first step".......I was ready to give up and take off from my recovery program and not look back. But that was the wrong thing to do as I really needed to face the first step head on and move on to the next step......There is so much to work on that it does seem like a nightmare in some ways. But ONE DAY AT A TIME....This is part of the process to really cleaning house...Takes a great deal of time but well worth the effort and relaxing when you do see some sunshine poking through...... :tongue3:
Old 02-08-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Penny. I'm glad you're here and spreading that sunshine around.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

When my inner house is not clean, it shows on the outside and my home becomes a mess. Taking action, doing the footwork, and honest self examination with my sponsor keeps it all in order.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Chy. I needed a radical overhaul and boy did I get it. I had to rebuild my foundation, gut my inner home, have it exterminated, and then completely re-wired and re-plumbed. I added extra windows. Now all I have to do is keep the windows clean. I guess I was a handy man's dream. Good thing I married a handy man.
Val
Old 02-08-2005, 06:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We all have to be honest with ourselves before we can really tackle any type of cleaning job. This isn't an overnight process and any sponser will tell you that.......It is important to keep your feet well planted on the floor ou you will fall over. The fall is not fun and hurts more than you realize...There are some dark places within our inner house and it is best to keep the door open so you can get extra help when needed..
Old 02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

sometimes when starting to clean your inner house doors seem like they won't open very well....but all you need to do is keep trying and not give up. Giving up isn't the answer to our problems as I've been there so many times myself.....Check the windows and let in some fresh air then try the doors again... Getting started on any cleaning job with self was never meant to be easy and all we need to do is be patient with ourself and admit we are really ready for this job to clean things up......It really works.....BE PATIENT WITH SELF.......
Old 02-12-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How is everyone doiing on this job of cleaning your inner house? The footwork may tend to be tough at first but don't let it scare you away.......There is sunshine to look forward to and there are always friends around to help out no matter what. this is why we are in such a fun recovery program where everyone has been there and done that so many times over......... I thought I was the only one who needed a major overhaul of my inner house.....WAS WRONG......everyone I had talked to when I first stepped into recovery seemed to have been there . :tongue3: So I wasn't alone and neither is anyone else.....REMEMBER YOU ARE NEVER ALONE IN CLEANING YOUR INNER HOUSE OR YOUR PROGRAM......YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO CARE AND A SHOULDER TO CRY ON....SOMEONE IS LISTENING OUT THERE.....
Old 02-12-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

REMEMBER.......One Step At A Time......and in doing this ..One Day At A Time as it is the best way to go about all this..... :tongue3: Have fun and I will check to see if anyone still needs my help as I am here.....
Old 02-14-2005, 01:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Penny,
Thanks for keeping us motivated and inspired. Happy Valentine's Day!
Val
Old 02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to everyone who reads this message and the important ones above............ :tongue3:
Old 02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

How is the Cleaning of House going ? Are we having fun yet???? ...........Now that the cobwebs are out of the way start working on the steps ----There are 12 of them for you who are really working on your recovery. STEP ONE is a good place to start and a foot in the door as we admit to ourselves that we need the help. Then on from there and away we go ...........Take it slow and easy and don't expect your inner house to be clean the first day. It takes time to see the first area super clean......GOOD LUCK >>> ...and be positive taking one day at a time......
Old 02-16-2005, 06:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I need a serious inner house cleaning. Don't think I realized it until I read and reread this thread. expenguin I love your screen name, you must have been through an awful lot. I think sometimes I have no reason to be the mess I am, but then I never like to give myself a break. I am my Mother's rock, my in-laws' rock, and I don't feel like any kind of rock at all. Need house cleaning, going to start, thank you.