Notices

Weekend Warriors Weekenders 03-06 September 2021

Old 09-05-2021, 01:05 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hey willow is that not one of my steve's? i have 2 steve's who come visit me at my shop in the mornings.
love the bee picture aswell thanks for sharing jteerney x

it just gone past 9am and im getting bored, damger time!
Old 09-05-2021, 01:52 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Magsie

Erratic, have you had breakfast? With a big mug of tea or coffee
Old 09-05-2021, 02:07 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Willow, sorry to read about your friend abusing your good nature and hospitality. Hopefully today will pass / has passed without incident.

jtennery, I've been at SoberRecovery for 4 years and I still have problems posting pictures! Sometimes they post, sometimes they don't... I'll get the hang of it one day.

Mags, the sun is out here too and it is definitely going to be a good day to be sober!

Erratic, why not draw up a list of things you want to do over the next few days? I find if I plan the week ahead on a Sunday it gives me things to do if I start to get bored.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:08 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks mags1 and robbie x
just been to shops and surfed the craving and boredom through. You right also robbie maybe i should plan what i can do, but not sure what i want to do thats the problem. Im new to being sober and its early days or wks for me. I havent yet had breakfast im not actually that hungry which i guess is the problem, i should being doing following HALT i think thats what its called. I have had tea this morning, i also bought some sweet stuff so maybe just push myself in eating something may take this craving away.

Thanks for ur replies x
will keep moving forward x as i am a warrior!
Old 09-05-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

(((Willow))) Sorry your friend is making things more difficult for you

Great nature pics

Edit to add: Nice job Erratic!
Old 09-05-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

keep posting Erratic
Old 09-05-2021, 05:06 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Georgia won a big game last night and no alcohol was involved.

it was a great night.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:03 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders.

Willow, I‘m sorry to hear that the weekend with your friend didn‘t turn out that well. I think at least you can say that you didn‘t drink. That‘s a nice close-up of Jonathan too.

It was overcast and hazy, but this morning I drove to and then took a short cross country walk at a historic spot overlooking most of the inner city and immediate surrounds. I wanted to take the first photograph and then come back at around the end of the month for a comparison photo, when the Jakaranda trees all over the city will hopefully be in full bloom (expect a purple scene).

The spot is next to a very affluent neighborhood and this is how some of the houses look. Impressive, yes, but I wouldn’t say particularly pleasing to the eye.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AthensDawgs View Post
Georgia won a big game last night and no alcohol was involved.

it was a great night.
That was a good game! Clemson is going to miss not having Etienne more than Lawrence. Loved N. Illinois win over Georgia Tech.
Kudos on the no booze.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:41 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done Erratic! Even a simple walk takes your mind off thoughts of drinking as will doing a chore that needs doing. The AV is persistent but easily distracted.

Well done AthensDawg.

I hope your 'friend' has left or is about to leave.

Good photos Captain, that's quite a tall tower in the background, telecommunications I guess as it looks similar to our own GP tower.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:32 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Sometimes we just have to let go of people in our lives for our own health, happiness and sanity; keep the good one close, Willow. Glad Jonathan popped up; our winged friends seem to have a way of soothing us at just the right time.

Nice photos, CaptainHaddock; looking forward to the purple Jakaranda.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:47 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Stay strong, Erratic; you can do this.

Is the site super slow for anyone else today?
Old 09-05-2021, 11:02 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Thanks Leigh and Sao. Yes, it is a microwave tower. Completed in 1978 and 198m tall. A huge fiberglass football was temporarily fixed to the top of the tower when we hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup.

Yes, well done Erratic and AthensDawgs!

Old 09-05-2021, 12:07 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Willow, I hope the situation with the friend has been resolved. Didn't mean to sound like I thought you were being judgmental. Good to see Jonathon.

Jtennery, great pictures. One of my favorite farm stores has pickled quail eggs that the owner's mother makes, have to admit that I'm not a fan of them though.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Love Jacaranda trees, CaptainHaddock - looking forward to seeing your future photo.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:54 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the pics!

Ive never seen South Africa, so probably closest I’ll ever be to there!

Great seagull pics too!

Woke up feeling great and like Free today. So freeing 🤣😅😂
Old 09-05-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

My first weekend with the weekenders!! Wahoo!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Be Good
Old 09-05-2021, 02:10 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Lol Erratic, Steve and Jonathan might be identical cousins

Thanks everyone so much for the support this weekend (and always). I appreciate you all so much And Cityboy there’s no need to apologise at all
It has been a very challenging weekend! It’s Monday morning and I’m getting ready to go to work soon. To be totally honest I’m feeling really unsettled and anxious this morning. I hope this awful feeling of dread lifts. I’ve made it through the weekend and my friend’s 4 day visit without drinking, and now I’m 16 weeks sober!

But I’m not out of the woods yet. I know the AV is lurking. It always does when I’m feeling vulnerable. And I’m feeling vulnerable and on the verge of tears this morning.

My friend is leaving today thank goodness, but I’ve already said goodbye last night, as I’m going to work and she’s still fast asleep in her van and will leave sometime today when she wakes up (likely not before 10am).

I have been pondering everything and my partner asked me last night how on earth do I put up with her at all? He said he could only handle very small doses of her. I realised she pretty much constantly told me how to do everything, how she did things and what I should do, and criticised everything I do.
Not just my lack of drinking and smoking, but where I work, who I work for, my family dynamics, how I handle situations that arise, what I say to people, how I cook, what seasoning I use, how I make gravy, right down to how I peeled potatoes!
And she was really insistent about everything, repeatedly saying “why don’t you do…. why don’t you use…. you should….. no you should do it like this…. but you really should do…”.etc etc (fill in the blanks)

I don’t think she sees it as criticism at all, just friendly advice and chat. But in hindsight I remember that she used to criticise what I did back then too, and I always felt inadequate around her. Funny how we forget. Now that I’m older (and possibly wiser) and sober, I realise that I don’t particularly enjoy her company. I’m glad she’s leaving, and I don’t really have any desire to see her again.

I don’t feel like a drink right now at 7am but I will need to be on the alert. I feel really unsettled. I don’t think I should have people like that in my life. I seem to have weeded most of them out, but occasionally they resurface like that and I don’t like to say “go away and don’t come back”, but that’s how I feel. Hopefully she doesn’t come back, but if she wants to, I will need to put on my big girl pants and tell her that she can’t stay here….

Anyway, I’m grateful and glad to be 16 weeks sober and I’m glad to be going to work today, and I’m glad that I have a nice home and family. And I’m glad that my partner has my back and I have you guys here on SR to keep me grounded.
Thank you all ❤️
Old 09-05-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Oops sorry for the novel!
Old 09-05-2021, 02:17 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I'm glad she's leaving Willow and yeah, she wouldn't be welcome back to my place - ever, most likely.

I think we don't really see how badly someone treats us when we are drinking buddies. I've had to disengage with most people I knew when I drank.

I hope you have a stress-free Monday at work, and maybe a nice long walk tonight?