SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekend Warriors Weekenders 03-06 September 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/455347-weekend-warriors-weekenders-03-06-september-2021-a.html)

Mags1 09-01-2021 11:33 PM

Weekend Warriors Weekenders 03-06 September 2021

:welcome to the Weekenders

Weekend Warriors? :dunno:

Some days it does feel it can be a battle to get sober and stay sober.

How do we win this battle?

I found flight was always easier than the fight, I was still there when I stopped running.

What do we need to get and stay sober?

I didn’t know :dunno: who does? The People who have fought the battle and have conquered. We can learn from them.

We went to school to educate us and prepare us for the future. Surely we can educate ourselves to know what we need to conquer to beat this addiction?

With the help of other, like minded Warriors, we can win this battle.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier.

I will be here along with many others, all of us ex drunks and alcoholics. We are your scouts and can tell you what is on the trail ahead so you can be ready for any obstacles. I can tell you to come on! It is rocky and slippery but if you focus on where you place each step, you will have no trouble getting to where I am on the trail.

All of us can tell you where the potholes are, bumps in the road, and the slippery places, but we can't walk your path for you. We can only take joy as you succeed, and cheer, one and all!

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!) :)

Dee74 09-01-2021 11:54 PM

Thanks Mags :)

D

Kaily 09-01-2021 11:59 PM

In and ready to be a Warrior.

https://i.postimg.cc/qvWH6hTN/Collage.webp

Thanks Mags. :)

Mags1 09-02-2021 12:08 AM

Brilliant Kaily! :You_Rock_

AthensDawgs 09-02-2021 01:50 AM

hello everyone.

Willow00 09-02-2021 02:42 AM

Shotgun again:) :) :)

Thanks Maga.
I’m in to be a weekend warrior too :)

Mags1 09-02-2021 03:25 AM

Hiya AthensDawg :wave:

Willow, congratulations on shotgun :c011:

AthensDawgs 09-02-2021 03:39 AM

1 week sober today. I still have a long long way to go, but its a start, and you gotta start somewhere. Last Thursday I was living in a pure hell. At least this Thursday I'm listening to music and drinking coffee. I couldn't even think about coffee much less food last Thursday.

Mags1 09-02-2021 03:42 AM

AthensDawgs, congratulations on one week. :c011: I remember when I got to a week and was so happy to get there. Every day is important.
Glad you can enjoy coffee again. :)

Purplrks3647 09-02-2021 04:03 AM

Weekend Warriors ~ I like that! :vd

Especially since we have a 3 day weekend coming up....which used to be a huge hurdle for me....I actually dreaded weekends for a while....now I can enjoy them :fall2:

Reid82 09-02-2021 04:15 AM

Thanks Mags, I'm in.

Cityboy 09-02-2021 04:16 AM

Athensdog, that living hell will try to pull you back in because that's what it does. I would stop for a glass of tea on the way home instead of hitting the beer cave and the habitual part of it faded away more with each victory. The daily stress, tough day at work, argument or bad dynamic with family member, these were really tough. Anyone in their right mind can reason that adding alcohol to the equation is only going to make it worse, but for so long we've done it anyway. When the AV comes knocking, just distract yourself or focus on the knew you that doesn't get snot faced and make an idiot of himself anymore.

Robbie64 09-02-2021 05:00 AM

Thanks Mags, I'm IN for a sober weekend. I like the idea of being a Weekend Warrior. A sober weekend Warrior.

Congratulations on one week sober AthensDawgs.

Hello to all :wavey:

CaptainHaddock 09-02-2021 05:01 AM

Thanks Mags, in for another sober weekend.

Welcome AthensDawgs. One week is a good start!

Reid, I hope the winding up of your mother‘s estate is going fine.

Enjoy your long weekend, Purps! Does it perhaps include going to a music concert? Either way, nice to know it won‘t involve any hangovers.

lol, Kaily! You guys are way ahead of my computer skills with all those fancy gifs, photos, emojis and so forth!

biminiblue 09-02-2021 05:25 AM

In for a sober weekend. Thanks, Magsie.

boop

https://media3.giphy.com/media/13eFB...-downsized.gif

theVman31 09-02-2021 05:55 AM

Excellent OP Mags.
Preferring flight to fight...
Learning how to stay sober.... yes that's a tough one.

Salutations weekender aficionados 🤝

The rain arrived here yesterday afternoon and will be with us till Sunday apparently...

All is well in vman's land. Hope everyone is well in SR land.

Take care

MLD51 09-02-2021 06:24 AM

I'm in!
Big day today. First day of classes here on campus.
Getting my own college student ready to move back to the dorm on Saturday (she goes to a university not too far from here but lives on campus).
Granddaughter's first day of school ever (they opted out of kindergarten last year, ok to do in this state, so this is first grade).

Oh, and there's something else...
Can't quite put my finger on it... hmmmmmm.............

Oh yeah!

IT'S NEW CAR DAY!!
:c005:

I would not have the life I have now, if it were not for sobriety, and fighting my way through those early weekends, like a warrior. It was a fight, for sure. I felt ill-equipped at first, so I got myself into treatment and went to AA and l read everything I could get my hands on, and I did the work. I was rewarded with some fierce weapons against the AV. Some days, there's a bit of a fight, even after over 6 and a half years. But most of the time, all I have to do is wave a weapon at the AV when it comes around, and it scurries away, like the coward it actually is.

GRATEFUL.

Erratic 09-02-2021 07:38 AM

Afternoon x im in with u lot for my 3rd sober weekend x

venuscat 09-02-2021 07:40 AM

Awesome stuff dear Erratic! :) ❤️

And dearest Marty,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW CAR!! :)

https://i.123g.us/c/congrats_newcara.../102513_th.gif

SoberLeigh 09-02-2021 07:45 AM

Thanks you, Magsnificent, for yet another great Opening Post.

Welcome, AthensDawg; glad that you have joined us; well done on 1 week. Hope you find that the sober life is exponentially better than the living hell you described.

MLD, what a big and exciting day!

Vman, we have a few rainy days ahead of us here, too. Just started pouring as I type.

Erratic, 3rd sober Weekend; fantastic.

stargazer, thinking of you with the recent heavy rain in the Northeast; hope that you were spared any ill effects from Ida.

:wave: and ❤️ , all. So good to see so many people pledging to a sober Weekend; Weekend Warriors - love it.