Notices

Weekend Warriors Weekenders 03-06 September 2021

Old 09-03-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Free, the wildflower pictures are wonderful! Thank you.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:15 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning Mags. You and Mr Mags sound like a good team. Mrs Haddock and I are coming up for 14 years, but have been together for 22. Obviously it took a while to convince herself that she wanted to marry me.

Congratulations Introvrtd, Willow and Dustyfox!

Spring is definitely here and I’ll be getting up early to make the most of it.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I think tomorrow I shall go thru my two big bookshelves (the ones that are clean) and sort which books I want to keep and which I will give to either mk (daughter) or the Goodwill. That will keep me busy for a couple hours and make room for my new books that are currently sitting in piles on the (nice clean) rug.

If it's still sunny and cool I'll walk Billie a few times. Today I walked almost 12,000 steps - over 5 miles!

I ate too much at dinner and am bloated and have a stomach ache. That's what I get for pigging out...
Old 09-03-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ditto exactly what Cityboy said…. Nicely done Willow, dustyfox, and introverted.

Read a new post from a member who relapsed after six years. We will ALWAYS be addicted, and should never make the mistake of confusing abstinence with control.

Kudos!!!
Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning CaptainHaddock, glad Mrs. Haddock said yes to you. Me and Mr. Mags disagree about a lot but eventually come to a compromise.

Free, I agree, we can never rest on our laurels. But it does become a way of life to use a sober tool automatically on instinct after a while. As long as you keep your tools convenient and ready to use.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I relapsed after 20 yrs sober. I wasn't thinking and had forgotten what it was like when I was drinking back then. Now, with the help of this site, I am always reminded of where I came from and that I don't want to go back there.

I'm not a bit sleepy. Maybe watch some Star Trek or Twilight Zone, then snuggle with my beagirl.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:04 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well done Intro, Willow and Dusty Fox - great milestones.

Marriage, to me seems incomprehensible. Having lived on my own for the majority of my life I can't imagine any different. I don't know how to 'do' relationships healthily. I grew up surrounded by complete chaos, loss, hate and alcoholism so I guess the foundations just aren't there.

That said it does intrigue me as to what it would of been like to have a kind life partner, someone on my side, fighting my corner and me theirs. I do feel I have missed out. My life is extremely isolated and lonely.

Exercises done.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders,

Congratulations on 111 days Willow, DustyFox and on 8 months Introvrtd.

It is a grey morning out but I believe the forecast is promising for the weekend.

Attached Images
Old 09-03-2021, 11:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Kaily, relationships can be difficult. Life’s trials can add to the strain, but with an open heart and mind there will be someone who wants to cherish and care for you.
.I was never any good at relationships. My parents weren’t a good role model.
We can love someone but living with them could prove a challenge in itself. (That’s what Mr. Mags said about me, though I haven’t heard him say it since I’ve been sober). How he stayed I’ll never know. Until he didn’t one day. First time I’d really looked at myself in a long time and didn’t like the drunk I was.
That was my first step in becoming sober. I didn’t like myself as a drunk. What had happened to me?

Being sober was the best gift I gave myself.

Least it’s hard, but I guess easy too, to think after 20 years sober, having a drink. I’m glad you stopped again, the presence of you on SR has helped many people. You’re a trooper, my friend.

Saou, it doesn’t look too good out weatherwise. It’ll be nice to get some brighter days. How was your fish and chips yesterday? Daft question really. We’re having some today.

Love to all xxxx
Old 09-03-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

A bit of cuteness.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:53 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

How gorgeous. ❤️
Old 09-03-2021, 11:56 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders,

Thanks Mags - weekend warriors we are then! What a week it has been. Super busy with work for the most part but it had a nice conclusion when I spoke to my alcohol counsellor yesterday. We discussed progress, the risks of complacency etc and had a really good catch up. Coming up to 980 days sober it's great that I can still check in with her every so often.

Well done Willow, dustyfox and introverted. You are making this happen! Thanks all all for the photos. I'm amused by the car talk - I'm thinking of getting one of my own but can't really justify it living in town and working from home.

Anyway, warm wishes to all. Stay on the right path. Forwards.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:56 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one Forwards
Old 09-04-2021, 01:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning im still here and sober. 14days today, so been my longest stretch for many of years. Not much planned today either, just going through the motions and learning how to be sober. so just thougth would check in x hope everyone has a good saturday xx
Old 09-04-2021, 02:09 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Congratulations on 14 days Erratic, hope you are keeping well.

Forwards, excellent to read that you can still check in with your alcohol counsellor and well done on almost 980 days. Intro, congratulations on 8 months.

My plans for today have been, quite literally, dampened. I had planned to go for a nice walk along the riverside this morning but to use a cricket parlance "rain stopped play". I went to bed expecting this morning to be a bit overcast but dry and woke to find it wet and windy outside. So now I'm about to go shopping instead and will do some exercises on my mini exercise bike this afternoon.

Take care everyone.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Erratic congratulations on 14 days enjoy your day.

Robbie it looks like rain here any time. Hope the shops aren’t too busy.

Old 09-04-2021, 02:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

good morning everyone(5:30 here). I got another great night of sleep and I think that aspect is improving. Its college football gameday here and my Dawgs have a big one tonight.

pretty damn excited.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AthensDawgs View Post
good morning everyone(5:30 here). I got another great night of sleep and I think that aspect is improving. Its college football gameday here and my Dawgs have a big one tonight.

pretty damn excited.
Is that Georgia v Clemson? It's being shown live tonight on one of the UK sports channels here in the UK though not until after midnight UK time.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forwards View Post
Coming up to 980 days sober it's great that I can still check in with her every so often
Whohoo Forwards, getting very close to the select 4 digits club!

Have a good day Weekenders! ☼
Old 09-04-2021, 03:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

yep, that's the one !