Notices

Coronavirus (COVID 19) Thread part 2

Old 03-28-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I really liked The Office Delilah. Ricky Gervais is very funny.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:15 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I do too, and I think Jim and Pam should be relationship goals for all of us!
Old 03-29-2020, 12:54 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I sent an e mail to the management about offering my help to the disabled or elderly. We will see what happens. If I don't hear from them, then I will post a note on the mail boxes offering help. John
Old 03-29-2020, 01:02 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great thing to do John

D
Old 03-29-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Have you seen After Life? He's wonderful in that series.

Yesterday my kids and I watched a little gem called About Time. Worth seeing these days, makes you think.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

As far as Ricky Gevaris goes..I hope you all have seen "the invention of lying".. personally.. I don't really care for him but, that's a good movie!
Old 03-29-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

No I haven't seen "After Life" Delilah, but I'm about to. Thanks.

Likewise "The Invention of Lying", Don't Remember. Thanks for the suggestion.

Stay safe you guys.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

How different we all are.....I love that.....I remember getting told in the rooms many years ago that we all suffer from terminal uniqueness......and I resented that....later I got it. I got what makes us the same.

But in recovery.....wow.....I love celebrating the differences.

I adore Good Girls. Big time. And I also adore bim.

I have a ton of shows and movies....I will make a big list today and post it somewhere. s ❤️
Old 03-29-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I sent an e mail to the management about offering my help to the disabled or elderly. We will see what happens. If I don't hear from them, then I will post a note on the mail boxes offering help. John
So glad you did that John. It feels good to reach out.
Love the mailbox note idea....better than my under the door idea. s xx ❤️
Old 03-29-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

That's really good of you John.

Take good care.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I woke up this morning to a text from my next door neighbor, saying that she had left a bottle of hand sanitizer at my front door. That is so nice! So I baked some banana bread for her and her family in return.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Old 03-29-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

The people are fighting back from their homes.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Reposting this with Ann's permission from Whiners. s xx

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Had to bring this forward.

QUEENY'S CURE FOR CABIN FEVER...

Go for a walk every day. Even around the block. Look for signs of spring, wave hello to your neighbours (just don't get too close) and breathe in the fresh air and soak up the sunshine.

Pick a project and plan. It doesn't have to be big and it doesn't have to be expensive. Plan a garden area, clean it out now for planting later. Plant seeds or bulbs that will bloom this year, cheaper than plants, and plant a couple of plants to make the area smile while the flowers grow. OR...plant some vegetables. A few tomatoes and cucumbers and you've got yourself salad. You don't need a green thumb, just a plan and then do it.

Get a jigsaw puzzle and set it up and when you are tempted to eat your way through the day, sit down for half an hour and just take your mind to the puzzle.

Move your furniture around a little, no big reno kinda job, just create a little reading area or hobby centre just for you.

Try some easy recipes that you didn't make before. Casseroles, baked goods, soups, stir fries are all cheaper when we make them.

Research something. Geneology is fun, or if you like art, research some great artists like Van Gogh and read about their lives. Visit some on-line art galleries. Or research the history of the area you live in and then walk to some of the historical places that interest you.

Take a course on-line. Many are free. Learn to do something you have always wanted to do...write, draw, paint, refinish, learn a language.

Call your family or a friend often, stay connected by voice and not just text or emails.

Plan a little at-home workout, nothing too strenuous but good exercise and do it to music which makes it more fun. Sing, dance, and work out and keep yourself healthy and fit.

Do yard work, clean up for spring. That will get you outdoors and active and improve your outside at the same time.

This is a good start, I promise you will feel better with some kind of plan rather than just sleeping and dragging yourself through each day.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Ok so I tried Heartland but the Horsie in the first scene was abused and distressed and I couldn't take it. Trailer all careening on the street etc etc. Too. much. Back to The Mentalist. Now the whole Unicorn one....that looks like its my speed. But then too much emotion right now and I start to cry....so hopefully its not a tear jerker.

In one of the 5 Episodes of the Mentalist I watched yesterday one of the agents was sick. It was supposed to be funny. But I could not stop thinking "He's coughing. What are they doing? He clearly has a fever. Why is he at work?". Its a TV show....from like 10 years ago. Every time someone hugs, shakes hands, touches an elevator button, comes too close to each other I get anxious. So weird. I can't stop observing that. Wonder what TV and movies will look like in the future. Masks, latex gloves, no contact rules, 6 ft rules. Hmmmm. I watched a show called Counterpart, right before this all really hit here. I liked it but its dark. Pandemic plays a part. I literally finished it like 2 weeks ago.....and now, here we are.

I was preparing for this 30 days ago so I'm all stocked up. TP a bit low but I found some pricey industrial stuff on Amazon...we'll see if I actually get it. Hope so.

I've been in a couple of serious quakes. So always having 2 weeks on hand of food , 30 days of water, medical supplies etc is just second nature. But with this remodel it was different. I'm good now tho. So no complaints.

I'll let you know if I get my TP. That's big news. Oh and you can DIY your own hand sanitizer. Aloe vera gel and 90% alcohol. Of course both of those are hard to get too. I stocked up last month.

So today its....uh, yoga. Walk the dog. Pick up a bunch of old pavers from the ex's ....that'll be a work out. Gonna build a raised garden for shade flowers where my lawn has died. I'm pondering home depot. I wonder if they will just pull all the stuff I want up front and let me pick it up without going in? Must google.

Stay safe and sound everyone. My heart goes out to all the folks in the hardest hit areas. My guess is most of us will be there at some point. But those densely populated areas...can't imagine. And densely populated poor areas, like Detroit. Oh my. They must be so scared. Heart breaks.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Yeah the first scene in Heartland was just to set up the premise. Then they totally dropped the potential in that for some reason. They keep missing opportunities for great plot development and then setting off on some other meandering path. If I was in charge! Oh well, you don't care, entropy. It's really just a teenage girl story with horses. Not the greatest show, but it's nice to have on in the background. I'm not really gonna miss some important plot twist.

Except the grandpa reminds me so much of my abusive ex.

That might end up being a dealbreaker if I can't convince myself to stop checking to see in my door is locked.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thanks for Queeny's Cure Venus.

I needed it.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Heartland is definitely bubble gum. I wish horse problems resolved could be resolved in 40 minutes. Honestly, most stuff Canada puts out is pretty campy, either on purpose or not. 🤣 The star, Amber pins the ribbons on the big hitches at our Royal Agricultural Fair every year. I used to never see too many young girls watching those. Now the stands are filled lol.

I sometimes watch the Blacklist, there are a couple reality shows I watch. Dh likes the heavy rescue ones, not sure why he likes them, he just picks apart everything they do. I usually watch with him, I will hear a ffs you can't do that and then bound into the family room for live entertainment. Probably like a peacock showing his feathers, why he is superior, because the fact he puts engineer at the end of his title and they are tow operators isn't enough. I smell testosterone lol.

Rainy here today. Gatherings of 5 or more prohibited. Apparently there were some $1,000 fines handed out already. My step son's graduation ceremony has been canceled and by the looks of it, getting a job for him will be slim to none at first.

We had a bonfire, burning scrub brush yesterday, I got cranky because dh took off on his own project and I wanted him splitting the brush, because a couple bushes had brambles. As it was, he broke my damn pruners when he did show up to help. He is crazy strong, too strong for my gardening shears. He moved my 3 drawer lateral filing cabinet into the house and office on his own. If he ties down a load, we have to cut the ratchet straps lol. He is freakish.

Quiet dsy, I saw monopoly on the games table downstairs. I hate monopoly. I am not a board game or puzzle person.

Hope all are doing well. I fed dh milk thistle tea the other day, not a fan.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:31 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
That's a great thing to do John

D
Gotta do something or at least try. Can't just sit here and do nothing
Old 03-29-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I'm about 45 minutes outside of Chicago, and the statistics of what is coming our way is scary. I find my anxiety is raising quite a bit. It's all so uncertain, but I'm glad I am not alone. It's so good to hear what you all have been doing, and how you are coping with life as we know it today.

A woman south of me started something called heart hunters. It's very inspirational. So, today, I will be getting out some craft supplies and decorating my windows. Spreading a little joy where I can. Hope you are all well.