Notices

Coronavirus (COVID 19) Thread part 2

Old 03-27-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
Hey Bimini, The Good Place is really quite good on Netflix.
Yeah! I liked it. Thank you!

Really I don't need a list, I was looking for something light and feel-good with HORSES.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Guys

I'm envisaging this thread as, amongst other things, a kind of support thread.
Any back and forth arguments are probably best taken to PM.

D
Old 03-27-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Already been taken to PM. Just a misunderstanding. I am not one to belittle any country or culture. I love the world and am simply not that dumb. I was intending to point out facts for clarity not blame or point fingers at countries. We all are not perfect and we are all humans just as smart and dumb as everyone else, does not really matter what country you happen to live or been born in. No worries. I was waiting for your input on the matter Dee. I'm one step ahead of you.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm always on the lookout for good shows and books, more lists the better. I can't think of any harmless shows about horses, that's quite a specific request lol!
Old 03-27-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Any back and forth arguments are probably best taken to PM.
You mean this isn't arguments.com/forums ?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee. I'm one step ahead of you.
Its nice you think that Abraham...

D
Old 03-27-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

lol
Old 03-27-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I was really looking forward to arguments forum.com. Cant seem to find it.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I was looking for something light and feel-good with HORSES.
Horse Girl is a pretty cool recent Netflix film though it does to be fair get a bit heavy with mental illness. But there are horses.

Also of course is the source of my avatar, BoJack Horseman. Although he is half-man. And again it's not exactly light and feel-good.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Feeling a little more hopeful today about the whole situation. Not sure if I should be or not or maybe its because some time went by and I am over the initial shock. With time we will work through this. If this is going to be a new seasonal bug then constructing hospitals is going to be big business for a while along with manufacturing ventilators. I know at work if I ever need or have to borrow a tool the first thing I do after work is go buy that tool. I hope we ramp up everything now.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
I was really looking forward to arguments forum.com.
No you weren't.
Sorry, I can't help myself but I am flashing back to a skit by Monty Python known as Argument Clinic which still cracks me up to this day.

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Cant seem to find it.
The link must be broken.
Sorry once again, way too much Monty Python in my youth. Not a real thing nor an actual link, for those of you fortunate enough not have my silly ass sense of humor.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:56 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Bimini, have you seen "Where the Red Fern Grows?" It's very sweet.
I would love to see your list, Venus! I hate when I start a movie and it turns out bad.
Also, I just loved the movie, "Cop Car" on Netflix. It's got some darkness to it, though. I also loved, The Good Marriage, also a Steven King book turned movie.
Also, The Story of Us and The Story of God, Morgan Freeman hosting a documentary. Both were so good.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

And, there are some good recovery videos on Youtube. I need to be focusing on that a lot now!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Bimini have you seen Heartland? It's a Canadian ranch show. I used to watch one of the rodeo shows, it was a docuseries, followed some cowfolks around. There is a Hallmark show called When Calls the Heart, it has a mountie, the horse is ok.

Rainy and warm this weekend, seems promising, apparently this virus has less luck spreading in warm, humid temps. I am home, just walking and yoga. Getting some ground work on my horses. Lots of grooming! If we get to show this year, so many canceled, I will be first in showmanship, every time, dapples and dapples. I've been experimenting with using my own hair straightener on the manes lol.

Someone wondered about the seagulls, they were on the ice shelf in our lake for 4 days. Walleye are spawning, early this year, maybe that's why. The gulls didn't shut up for 4 days, there had to be a thousand of them. Never seen anything like it.

Take care everyone.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Yeah! I liked it. Thank you!

Really I don't need a list, I was looking for something light and feel-good with HORSES.
I'll send my 10 year old granddaughter over to watch something with horses in it with you.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
I'll send my 10 year old granddaughter over to watch something with horses in it with you.
So. "Heartland" is my choice. ELEVEN seasons. I'm only halfway through S1 Ep1. I just went to Netflix and searched for horses. Turns out I already had it somewhere in my 700-titles-list. Thanks, MyLittleHorsie, we were thinking alike.

I'll report back but so far it's pretty formulaic. Tragedy; girl and horse are both traumatized. Family (including the required grandpa) rally around but have to let it play out...you know. Pretty much perfect. Thanks everyone.

I added the others ones to my queue just in case!
Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sober369, LOVED the Morgan Freeman "The Story of God" and "The Story of Us." Really good, I may have to rewatch those.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Dee-

I’m on my cell phone, which makes everything I post a reply to multiple preceding posts.

This is intended to be a free-standing post and not a reply, so I would appreciate your cleaning it up.

First, thanks to whoever posted the Paul Simon link.

It hit the spot-he’s a national treasure.

Also, my wife and I are taking great pains to not catch the plague.

We stay out of stores, we scrub down like we’re surgeons, she’s temporarily closed her shop and is paying her employees as if they’re working their normal schedules, my office has a skeletal staff, we pay employees as if they’re working full time (we have tried to facilitate their being able to work remotely) and I am working less.

We’re both trying to look in on our farm helpers to take care of them.

August, I hope you’re better. I take medicine for my GAD, but there is still a very slight level of ominous foreboding that I suspect will never go away.

Also, I am most concerned about F and B workers. I’ll sure give whatever government check I get, along with as much more as I can give, to our favorite helpers at the club we patronize (mostly for eating meals-we don’t play golf or tennis). We have a restaurant building and we will help it’s furloughed staff.

I am trying to channel my energy outward toward others and not inward. I think about myself plenty.

As for comments and complaints about politicians, criticizing our country, our states and our cities, and all of their elected officials, you won’t hear them from me on SR.

I don’t want for opinions on those matters, but I have no desire to get in any back and forth with any of you.

There are no winners in those exercises.

I can’t post at work anymore, so I do my best from my phone.

Godspeed to all.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:59 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope I did what you meant SoberCAH

D
Old 03-27-2020, 08:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself August.
Times like these really brings us back to One Day at A Time.

Today I am well, have provisions, and good music. All those I love are safe and well today.

I have optimism that this too shall pass

D