Notices

Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Happy birthday Wildflower.

I'm really struggling. I used to be able to stop for a few days/weeks but then picked up again. Now I'm struggling to get through a couple of days. I'm just going to keep it simple today. Don't drink. Nothing in house, not going to shop, do anything and everything just to get through the afternoon/evening. Stay on SR. Thanks
Hi love. s

Maybe order groceries for a bit if you can like we talked about....I know after I relapsed in 2014 I almost had to chain myself down to get those first few days sober. After day 5 I was a bit better....let us help in any way we can. Pull out every tool you can think of....you can do this....you really can. ♥♥
Old 09-12-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Good morning all. Started the morning with a walk in the woods. There is so much strength in the woods. Going to go back to tapping into it more.
Oh yes.....do you know Ann? Ann of SR. She is wonderful, and nature is everything to her....and to many of us.

Love and good morning dearest Awake. s

Karen honey ~ I know you said it's a tough week and you need to pull out all of your tools....just a thought....you might want to read a few of your posts from weeks back.....because I see an amazing woman who is doing fantastically. You are working hard at this....you have made it your priority and that is very wise I think. Sending love and huge hugs. xx ♥♥
Old 09-12-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good day all...
Welcome Leo2--well done on day one
Midton...Sending healing wishes your way.
ReadyatLast and Quit...Hang in there...we are all pulling for you!
Awake...connecting with nature is an awesome way to start your day!
Wildflower...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Bob...Wishing you a safe trip.

A pleasant week so far. I have found exercise to be an important tool for me to help reduce my anxiety and urges but I don't want to be complacent. Grateful for the helpful sharing and support here!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day
Old 09-12-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

Just checking in with everyone quickly before I head out for another busy and long day.

Glad to be sober especially since both of my children have had pretty tough weeks with a dental emergency and a bout of depression. I have been making a big dinner every night and making sure homework is done and bedtime routines are in place. We took out our telescopes a couple of nights ago - just trying to keep busy right now.

Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome all new members of the September class.

P.S. Bob, hope you have a good trip.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

You are wonderful mum dear Pouncer.
And you are sounding FANTASTIC dear Runner.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Slipping into the class quietly.... day 2, sigh.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

((((hugs)))) So very happy to see you baby. s
I wonder if you could feel me....I was thinking about you all morning.
So much love.
Onward together my friend. xxxxx

And hello dear Quitnow.....come talk to us honey.....we care so much about you. s xxxxx
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Good to see you here Citrus.
Happy Birthday Wildflower.

......ok, time to get into weekend mode, always a challenge.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Day 5. Nice, sunny day here. It's great that I am sober, no hangover, and can appreciate it. All summer long, I was waking up to glorious weather, sun shining bright, but I was hungover and miserable, and I wanted the world to end...
Old 09-12-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
Good to see you here Citrus.
Happy Birthday Wildflower.

......ok, time to get into weekend mode, always a challenge.
Ah ha....so kind of maybe don't?

At some stage I just let that go, and it started to make no difference to me whether it was Thursday or Tuesday....just every day is about life and learning and some hard work and fun and love. xx
Old 09-12-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Day 5. Nice, sunny day here. It's great that I am sober, no hangover, and can appreciate it. All summer long, I was waking up to glorious weather, sun shining bright, but I was hungover and miserable, and I wanted the world to end...
Oh love.....

And now you want life.....how fantastic is that?????? xx
Old 09-12-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

[QUOTE
At some stage I just let that go, and it started to make no difference to me whether it was Thursday or Tuesday...[/QUOTE]

Venuscat. Weekends are very different for me. They are long and quiet.
Its like going around the dark side of the moon. And in my part of the world there's not even much happening on SR for a lot of it.
So I need to lift my solo game weekends.....
Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Citrus

sodasoba - if this thread is a bit quiet at times, I'm sure you'd be welcome in other threads, or in starting your own

D
Old 09-12-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
[QUOTE
At some stage I just let that go, and it started to make no difference to me whether it was Thursday or Tuesday...
Venuscat. Weekends are very different for me. They are long and quiet.
Its like going around the dark side of the moon. And in my part of the world there's not even much happening on SR for a lot of it.
So I need to lift my solo game weekends.....
Oh, I so understand....gosh I hope I was not insensitive before.
Let's do this together....all the way....you know me....if I am awake, I am pretty much here. SR saved m life and will always be in my pocket...literally. s xx
Old 09-12-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words, Venus. I think I will go back and read old posts of mine. It will remind me where I started.
I left my phone in the car today and let Merry take my car to school. So I was all day without my phone and had to make and serve pina coladas. It totally pushed my buttons! And I didn't have my link to sober people, SR or even my sobriety tracker.
My gosh, it's like I'm two different people! I honestly considered downing a big glass of it. It was all mixed in a pitcher on my counter in the activity room, the party was over and I was there by myself. The sober me took over and dumped it fast. Thank God I am home and sober! I love being sober! I do not like drinking or being sick from drinking or anything about it. This is a crazy addiction, and I need to do more to kill it off.
Welcome back Citrus! I'm so glad to see you again. You and I were in classes together last year. We are still trying, and that is awesome! I am on day 16. Hang in here with us!
Old 09-12-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Gee Karen....what a huge win. That would have been awful, to be cut off like that
But look at the choices you made.
Seriously awesome. s
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Karen I'm sooo happy you made it through, especially caught unawares like that without contact too us.. Now you know that you can do it even if it was hard.

What is the book you are reading at the moment?
Old 09-12-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Runner, exercise has been helping me, too (when I have a chance that is — it’s hard with a 15-month old at home!). Keep at it.
Pouncer, sorry to hear you’re kids had a tough couple weeks. Sounds you’re doing all the right things for them though
Citrus, welcome!
sodasoba, the weekend we shall meet sober I’m heading to the beach. Thankfully, it’ll be with people who don’t drink. Otherwise, the temptation would be much stronger. I look forward to some peaceful time by the ocean, not thinking about how to drink around people who don’t.
Wastinglife, my summer was the same. I’m a teacher, so I had a lot of time on my hands. Unfortunately, I filled that time with booze.
Sober369, awesome job!
venuscat, thanks for all the support you’re offering here!

The weekend is almost here! Since I’ll be at the beach, I’ll be checking in and reading here quite a bit. The beach has always been paired with drinking. I have the right people around me there, though. That should make a big difference. 11 days in. Some irritability, fatigue, and brain fog are creeping in, but I’ll take this over hungover, anxious, ashamed, and killing myself slowly any day.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I hear you....I lived at the beach for 25 years. It is a 'lifestyle'.
But I found after getting sober that it is also a radically healthy lifestyle for tons of people, and alcohol does not factor into their lives. xx
Old 09-12-2019, 09:29 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just dropping in to say hi and that I hope you all are finding success and strength! I made it all the way through the 2nd day - at least this isn't unfamiliar waters with me. It's time for some self reflection tonight and hit the sack.