Notices

Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-15-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Maybe everyone is grabbing up the last weeks of summer.
Love and have a wonderful sleep dear karen s xx
Old 09-15-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

I was originally in the August class, but it's day one yet again, so I think I'll join the more lively September class! It's nice to see some Augusters in this thread.

Today I'm just working on being gentle with myself.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Udntknowme

Have you thought any on what you might do differently this time?
D
Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Good evening all.
Welcome Udntknowme!
Glad you are healing Venus...wow 5 years you are an inspiration for all of us here and thank you so much for your support!
Hope everyone had a peaceful sober Sunday. My teams lost but saw great improvement...ate too much but no sweets or wine so that was a win for me.
Pleasant dreams to all!
Old 09-16-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 15 here. This must be more of a reading class than a posting one. Hope that changes.

The NFL was a downer yesterday. The Jags lost, but did better than I expected. I for one, respect the coaches decision at the end of the game. Then the really bad news. The Saints Drew Brees injured. Hope he's back soon, but we may be looking at a long season. Gators lost their starting QB, but happen to be deep at that position. Ready for a win against Tennessee this week!

Hopefully ready for a smooth week. How is everyone doing? It really has gotten quiet in here
Old 09-16-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Welcome Udontkowme, it's good to see you here! Post a lot, we need posters.
I'm home today, thank heavens. I have a lot of cleaning and things to do. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for fun, though.
Yes, the class has gotten really quiet. That's too bad. I hope everyone is doing well.
I'll be back later, having my coffee and thinking about the day ahead.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Oh no....my Saints got murdered!!! Hmm. And an injured player huh? Not good.

I really think that the last few weeks of summer (where I live for sure) are just magnificent, and lots of people are doing family and other social things right now....I am betting that we will here from lots of people today.

Huge hugs for everyone! xx ♥♥
Old 09-16-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Karen. s xx
Old 09-16-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I'm sure you're right, Venus Where I live, the last few weeks of summer are still to come. It's almost always in the high nineties lately. Too hot for me! I am going to go out and blow off the back yard and lay some more mulch, and I also have to clean my car and the front yard. I'll probably split all that up into several sessions to keep from getting too hot and tired.
Runner, I like the 'sobriety binder'. It might be good for me to keep it all right in one place, check it every day. I see how it could help keep me on track.
I'm very disorganized when I drink, so it will take me a while to get my life in some sense of order. I didn't know how bad it had gotten until I had a couple weeks behind me. Now I look around and see it. Everything is in shambles. I can't let it overwhelm me, though. One thing at a time, stay in the moment and think positive. That's where I'm at this morning!
Hugs to all.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I let a lot of things get behind as well, and I am in the same spot as you today....actually, the truth is I have taken on more than I can do....I need to work out much better time management. With you all the way.....one step at a time.

Let's do this! s
Old 09-16-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Yes, let's do! I have gotten some cleaning and a bunch of needed paperwork done. How is your elbow? I am still really tired. I think I should make a couple of appointments.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Day 15 here. I just got back from the long weekend at the beach. It was nice, especially with the moon being as it was. Over the ocean, it looked amazing.

I’m pretty beat — lots of lugging beach gear and carrying my son. My elbow has some issues and I’m undergoing some tests for it, so I’m sure all the carrying didn’t help. I’m 38, and it looks like I could have arthritis (about to get blood tests for rheumatism and potential autoimmune issues). I’m a little bummed about that. To focus on the positive, I didn’t drink, and I’m happy about that. Also, it was great to see my son play in the waves a bit (he’s only 15 months), and to be able to enjoy this time without being in a drunken haze. And, to add, I was able to drive my family places instead of asking my wife or someone else. Little things
Old 09-16-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 15 days R&H

D
Old 09-16-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome Udntknowme

Have you thought any on what you might do differently this time?
D
Hmm, I wasn't going to any meetings last time. I've decided to give it a try. I have some social anxiety, so I normally try to avoid situations like that, but obviously that helped me none....

Thanks Dee, Runner, and Sober369 for the welcome!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Good evening all.....
Congrats on 15 days Bob and Rattle!
Udntknowme...Sounds like a good strategy.
Karen....you sound like you are super busy on your days off...hope you get some time to relax or do something fun before you go back to work.
Venus...I am with you on Time Management...I hope your workload decreases

The Steelers lost Ben (QB) for the season...no expectations going forward for football...Ill just enjoy the yummy football food

Work was super busy today..typical for Mondays. The AV was starting to whine when we went out to dinner tonight, but I knew I would not get a much needed run done this evening. Not getting exercise would turn into a bad night's sleep and so on. So I am a good tired tonight and ready for a refreshing night's rest.

Wishing everyone a pleasant evening
Old 09-16-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I've not been checking in as seem to post on the morning of Day 1 and then cave by evening. It feels like I'm posting empty words. I've been reading a lot, just not posting.
Anyway, now is the time to commit to posting regularly again. I will need time to catch up.
Starting to feel a bit better.It's the morning of Day 4 and I feel over the worst of it. Not been at work which has helped to relax and have no stress. Not that my job is majorly stressful more bad habit drinking after work.
Congrats to you all on your sober time.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're posting again RAL

D
Old 09-16-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I did not protect my sobriety enough, I drank on Sunday night and have been in bed sick for 2 days with a horrific migraine..
1 thing I now know is that it's getting worse each time in terms of how much I'm drinking.
I'm almost glad I feel so crap as this propels me not to drink again..
Day 2 again..
Old 09-17-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank but I'm glad you're back Red.

Things got worse the more I drank too and it made me see I was going to die if I kept on going - I hope it will help you look for some solutions too