Notices

Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-14-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi all! I had a short workday.
I love hearing about the planets and moon and such things, too.
I'm glad your trip went well and you're home safe, Bob.
Red, I'm looking for a new recovery book, too. What are you reading that's good, while you wait for the Annie Grace book? Anyone else have any great reading suggestions?
I think I'll have a short nap, then do laundry. See you all later!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I have a ton of books love, but I need to go write down all of the titles....not having the best day. My elbow went way wrong (the one I broke a bone in a few months ago)....I am extraordinarily ill with the pain.

I will try and post in a bit. s
Old 09-14-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that venuscat.

And I think I'm going to read Russel Brand's Recovery book next. Some people don't like him, but he does sound clued up and experienced.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Day 2 woke up early felt good and now exhausted and so fatigued. I guess that’s normal. I hate feeling this way but I must push forward I cannot turn back. I am trying to believe it gets better. It will take time and I am not very patient. Dealing with empty nest syndrome as daughter off to college and I miss her so much. Trying to eat though not much appetite. Resting and trying to sit with the feelings I want to push away. Thanks for the support and positivity. Looking forward to going to bed sober and football tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hey Venus, I'm so sorry about your elbow! I hoped it had healed completely. Did you wack it? Sending lots of love and healing thoughts to you.
Lila, the first days are the hardest. I hope you feel better. What are you doing toward building a recovery plan? I hope you don't mind me asking, I just love to hear how others do it, and I love to talk about building mine, too.
Let me know what you think of the Russell Brand book FreshStart.
I am sooooo tired. I've done nothing since I got home. I have been taking vitamins, trying to eat healthy, and of course not drinking. I should feel better. Tomorrow is like my Friday because I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off.
Feel better Suze!
Let us know how you are everyone!
Old 09-14-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Sending you healing wishes Venus...feel better sweetie!
Fresh...I watched some interesting You Tube videos by Russell Brand. I bet his book would be a good read.
Karen...enjoy your days off.
Lila..Congrats on day 2 and I hope you feel better with a good night's rest.
I finished cleaning veggies and making treats for tomorrow's game. Feeling a little blah tonight and grateful for a meeting this evening to keep me on track.
Wishing everyone a pleasant night
Old 09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

might be better to rest up for a day or two Venus. Take it easy

D
Old 09-14-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Venus - sorry to hear about the elbow, hopefully you took some Tylenol and Ibuprofen to manage the pain.

Lila it will get easier, you have only begun this journey. It can get bumpy but the payoff is what we all must have, a clean life.

Karen enjoy your time off, make sure you do something fun for yourself.

tkr

I will be farming tomorrow but look forward to checking in on the games throughout the day. I love Sundays!!
Old 09-15-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 14 here. Big win for the Gators last night. Looking forward to Jags and Saints today.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am finding myself very irritable. All I can think of is that my mind is trying to drive me crazy enough to where I give in and drink. Of course, this is not going to happen but it sure does seem to be causing a struggle.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing great!
Old 09-15-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I’m just finishing up on 21 full days.

I’ve been spending so much time online with sites and Facebook groups related to my eye problem that I’d kind of forgotten that I’m on here.

I still the exact same as when I joined. I am basically too scared to drink in case I cause further damage and I want to give myself the best chance of recovery as possible.

This is still the easiest start I have ever had to getting sober. I’m just too focused on other things. I know I’m not drinking, really, really know and wonder if this is why I haven’t even had a craving.

I’ve been pretty remiss in reading and getting to know the people in this group which is unlike me but I have periods throughout the day where something I’ve read online or thought triggers anxiety about my condition.

I have a feeling that I’ll continue to be like this until I’m back in my normal routine and no one knows when or even if this will happen.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats bob and midton - and everyone else - on your milestones.

Fear may not be a log term motivator - in even the most horrible of stories it tends to wane - but for those early days when it works it really works.

I think irritability is a part of everyones first month or so Bob - I hope better days are ahead for you

D
Old 09-15-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, or good evening to those on the other side.
Sorry you're feeling irritable Bob, do you think it's post acute withdrawal? I've heard it can cause all kinds of bad feelings in early sobriety.
Midton, I am so hoping you're eye is better soon. Nice not to have cravings, but I wish it could have been for some other reason. Maybe it is because you are so certain you're not going to drink, it just shuts the AV up before it gets started. Definitely something I'll think about. I know I've read that being certain you won't drink is the fastest way to shut it down.
Today is the seventh workday in a row for me. I have two days off after today. I really need it, my house and car and yard are all a mess. But, like Trojan said, I am going to do something fun, too. Not sure what yet.
Lila, how are you today?
Today is day 18 for me. That's a long stretch for me! When I read back over my old posts, I got kind of bummed out, because I realized how long I've been doing this and how many times I've gotten a few weeks and then caved. But I'm not going to let it bring me down, because I am not just not drinking, I am working on staying sober. I'm going to keep building my plan and keep using my tools. I want to be sober a year from now. I hope we all are!
Old 09-15-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

It's day 19, not 18! I looked at my sobriety tracker. I've saved 78 dollars and skipped 73 drinks. That's more that 12 six-packs! Plus, I didn't count all the hard liquor drinks I added in here and there all week long. That's a lot of booze that my body didn't have to contend with.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Karen

D
Old 09-15-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Day 7. I fell asleep at 11pm and slept soundly until 7am. I am at Starbucks having a coffee and observing all the other early-risers. It's Sunday. Why are they awake? A strange people these Sunday morning species. Not a hangover in sight.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Good Morning all...
Congrats Midton, Bob, Wastinglife and Karen and everyone for strengths and successes!
Hope you are feeling better Venus!
Day 15...halfway through the month!
Karen...I started a "Recovery Binder" when i began my recovery journey. The binder is divided in sections...Recovery/Relapse Plan..recovery tools...journal...gratitude list/Ta Da list...reference material...etc. I journal each morning and write 3 gratitudes in the p.m. I am not an organized person, but I have found this quite useful for me on my journey. Just thought I'd share

I had a great run this morning...not too hot...still have goodies to make for football at 1:00.
Wishing everyone a super Sunday
Old 09-15-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lila125 View Post
Day 2 woke up early felt good and now exhausted and so fatigued. I guess that’s normal. I hate feeling this way but I must push forward I cannot turn back. I am trying to believe it gets better. It will take time and I am not very patient. Dealing with empty nest syndrome as daughter off to college and I miss her so much. Trying to eat though not much appetite. Resting and trying to sit with the feelings I want to push away. Thanks for the support and positivity. Looking forward to going to bed sober and football tomorrow!
It will absolutely get better dear Lila. s xx
Old 09-15-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Good morning all. Day 14 here. Big win for the Gators last night. Looking forward to Jags and Saints today.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am finding myself very irritable. All I can think of is that my mind is trying to drive me crazy enough to where I give in and drink. Of course, this is not going to happen but it sure does seem to be causing a struggle.

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing great!
I am also irritable....but I look at it very differently these days.....it means something is bothering me (easily identifiable, I am way behind in things I desperately need to get done), and I am a little mad at myself. This is EXACTLY what my AV wants.....this is a way in. I am coming up to five years sober, and milestones, and this one feels huge, are a definite trigger for me.

So I I see you irritability, and I call you out.....there is no place for you here. I am looking for some Sunday Serenity. s
Old 09-15-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

HUGE love and CONGRATS to all of you on your milestones....just wow.
And some beautiful Sunday plans, and Go Saints if they are playing today because this is my adopted NFL team.

I slept for 10 hours.....unbelievable, and a lot of healing happened.
Yes Karen honey, I did whack it, sigh, it is hard to be as careful as I need to be....small hallways and turns in this old house.

I do not have time to take it easy today Dee.....
But I will be more careful, for sure.

Love and goodnight to you.

Love and happy Sunday to everyone else.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in. It was a long day. Going to chill out, sober, and go to bed early. It was so quiet here today!
I'll be back.