Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-12-2019, 09:29 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep going Leo!

D
Old 09-13-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I am glad I made it through, too!
Red, I am skimming through "Unwasted, My Lush Sobriety" It's getting a little better, but I don't recommend it. What was fantastic and I could read over and over is "The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober". Loved it! I really need another good book.
I'm so glad it's Friday! I work this weekend, but it's shorter days and I mainly do paperwork and 'put out fires' type things on the weekends. I am in need of some rest.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a hard time with the children, Pouncer. I hope they feel better!
Sodasober, it's too bad weekends are hard for you. They're meant to be a good thing! Have you tried going to an AA meeting? Even if it's not your 'cup of tea' it would definitely be a bit of an adventure, something to do, and get you around sober people. Or take up a hobby you have always wanted to do? I have always wanted to join a dance class. I hope my energy level improves, because right now there's no way I could do it. Hugs and I hope you are surprised by a great weekend.
Leo, congrats on day 2!
Sober day, here we come!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Day 3.
Thank you all for the welcome. It's good to see familiar faces. ❤
I was having some allergy issues yesterday from being at a cross country meet the afternoon before so I hit bed pretty early last night. Not long after 9, quite early for me. Got some good sleep and am up before dawn. I love this time of the day when it is not riddled with anxiety. I think I'll go start some coffee for me and muffins for the rest of the house. I found the cutest fall muffin liners the other day.

I will not be drinking today. I have to be up before this time tomorrow to get 2 of my boys to the bus for cross country and then get the rest of the family ready to travel to watch them. No time for booze. My yongests birthday is on Tuesday. I fully expect to be a week sober by then.

I'll be back after I get the kiddo's on the bus.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Ok. Going for this again. I thought yesterday would be it, but I ended up buying wine. Drank a little last night and dumped the rest out. Got a pretty good night’s sleep, so I feel pretty ok today.

That’s it. I’ve got to break up with this stuff for good.

Hi Citrus, We will get this. We have to right? Glad you’re here.

Hello to the rest of the class and thanks for your encouraging words. I will post at the end of this day that I did not drink today.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

It is crazy how quickly life turns so quickly from ok to a basket case. One sick kid and three grumpy kids. But they are fed and on the bus, back to sleep and medicated now. I am willing this plot twist to not change my outlook on the day.

Got some chicken noodle soup going in the crockpot and just rented a movie I need to go pick up for the sick one.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Quitnow, I'm glad you dumped the rest out.
Let's do today together. I have some cranberry juice, club soda and lime to drink tonight or some herbal tea. I plan on small healthy snacks too.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Absolutely......together is the only way I know.

Love and good morning guys. s
Old 09-13-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
It is crazy how quickly life turns so quickly from ok to a basket case. One sick kid and three grumpy kids. But they are fed and on the bus, back to sleep and medicated now. I am willing this plot twist to not change my outlook on the day.

Got some chicken noodle soup going in the crockpot and just rented a movie I need to go pick up for the sick one.
There is always something.....life happens and it is really tough sometimes. And you are an absolutely awesome mum love....always. s

I learned in AA years ago that I don't need a reason to drink.....anything is a reason....from the serious stuff to 'OMG this fly is driving me crazy'.....if I was 5pm it was time to drink. I had to recognise that....it was going to happen.

And I needed to stay safe until I had a bit of time up, protect myself.
We are all here with you Citrus and Quitnow.....every minute.

We will get through today together, sober Friday for everyone! xx
Old 09-13-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I’m on day one again. Posting for accountability and support.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hello everyone...
Congrats to all the strengths and successes
Welcome Lila and Citrus...I sure do miss those "basket case" moments with my kids. My babies are grown now serving our country. I can't believe the years raising them went so fast...enjoy every moment.
Rattle... a 15 month old...what a fun age! The beach sounds heavenly...have a relaxing time!
Quit...we will get this!
Wastinglife..I can relate to "hungover and miserable and I wanted the world to end." Enjoy your nice sunny sober day!
Soda..weekends are a challenge for me as well...we are here for you!
Venus...spot on..."anything is a reason."

This resonated with me today "acceptance creates understanding."

It's Friday the 13th and a Harvest moon I love full moons and hope I can take my sheltie on a moonlit walk tonight. Enjoy the day and evening all
Old 09-13-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lila125 View Post
I’m on day one again. Posting for accountability and support.
Hello dear Lila....so happy to see you again. xx
And you are in the right place for support love.....we are here 100%. s
Old 09-13-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Runner1234 View Post
Hello everyone...
Congrats to all the strengths and successes
Welcome Lila and Citrus...I sure do miss those "basket case" moments with my kids. My babies are grown now serving our country. I can't believe the years raising them went so fast...enjoy every moment.
Rattle... a 15 month old...what a fun age! The beach sounds heavenly...have a relaxing time!
Quit...we will get this!
Wastinglife..I can relate to "hungover and miserable and I wanted the world to end." Enjoy your nice sunny sober day!
Soda..weekends are a challenge for me as well...we are here for you!
Venus...spot on..."anything is a reason."

This resonated with me today "acceptance creates understanding."

It's Friday the 13th and a Harvest moon I love full moons and hope I can take my sheltie on a moonlit walk tonight. Enjoy the day and evening all
This is why I love the serenity prayer so much. God grant me the SERENITY.....because this is what acceptance meant for me.

Cannot believe it if Friday the 13th and a harvest moon.....BBG (March 16 class buddy) tells us it will not happen again until 2049!!!!

So so cool.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Happy Friday the 13th and Harvest Moon day. Today is Day 12 for me. Feeling pretty good although having weird dreams each night.

Speaking of Harvest Moon, that is one of my favorite albums from Neil Young. If you haven’t heard the namesake song (Harvest Moon) I’d recommend listening to it. Great song about his wife. A sweeping broom is used in it as one of the background “instruments.”

Since my own incident back on Sept. 1st, I’ve spent a lot of time reading this website and also doing some soul searching. I keep going over some of the various incidents I’ve had over the years (starting at 18) and can’t believe it took me this long to realize alcohol and me don’t mix and won’t ever be able to mix. What took so long???? It’s hard not to kick myself a little. But I’m staying the course.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay away from the booze - you’ll thank yourself later.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I hear you Harry.....it took me 30 years.....like why?
All I know is that "it takes what it takes" resonates with me strongly.
I wish I would have done things differently, but if I had, well, I wouldn't be where I am now, and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.

Listening to Harvest Moon right now.....thank you. xx
Old 09-13-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

“It takes what it takes” - I guess that’s the truth ain’t it, Venuscat? There’s no point in regret really because the past is over with (obviously!), but I still wonder what I was thinking. Oh well.

Enjoy the song. There are other gems on that album.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I meant I was playing the whole album....I added it to my Amazon music list. xx

I am married to someone I absolutely adore, I love where I live and I love my new life.....none of it would have been possible if I had not made such a mess out of my life. I am where I am meant to be. There could be no greater blessing. s
Old 09-13-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hi Rose....you should come join us love. s
Old 09-13-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Morning class, hello Lila,

Saturday morning. Start the day with a pot of coffee and the weekend paper.
Weather looks ok.....keep busy and cruise through the long afternoon and evening. At least the TV looks ok tonight.....John leCarre movie.
Got workshop project to pursue, so put on the talk radio and try and push it all along a bit further.

later
Old 09-13-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello dear Lila....so happy to see you again. xx
And you are in the right place for support love.....we are here 100%. s
thank you I feel better already just reaching out. I am going to come here when urges hit and read and post. Thanks!