Notices

Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hi Wildflower.
Congratulations, a year is a fabulous achievement. You are inspiring.
Tho I do wonder what it must be like to be a sole survivor of a class tho...
Old 09-11-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone! Let’s keep it sober today, eh? 10 days in, and I’m feeling pretty good. The difference is undeniable (and very welcomed!): no dread, no hangovers, no feelings of being all over physically ill, and much more functional all around. Things aren’t perfect, for sure, but things are already a lot better. I’ll take that.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days, Rattleandhum! I know what you mean about feeling better, it's such a relief! I was so tired of being so sick and tired all the time. I sleep so much better, too.
I'm still not all over it, though. I feel really tired a lot. I am going to be better about taking vitamins, drinking water and exercising.
Wildflower, congratulations on a year! That is wonderful. I want to be in that place next year on August 28th! I do hope this whole class is still going strong and sober then. It must have been hard to see them all drop off. Thanks so much for coming here to share your year with us. Stick around, you can be an honorary member of the class!
Today is "Spirit Day" at work. I have to dress like a UGA fan and host a tailgate party late this afternoon. Another very long day ahead. I'm not serving alcohol, though, so that's nice. Tomorrow I have to serve Pina Coladas. I'm going to find a way to delegate that to someone.
Happy day to all. I am so excited to be at two weeks!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks for the invite to stick around Sober369. My Sept 2018 class meant so much to me and I benefited greatly from my daily check ins. If you all are cool with it....I would like to join the group.

Have a beautiful day!

P.S. Being the last one standing in a group like this makes one realize a few things:

Quitting booze is freaking hard and some don't make it....
Quitting booze is absolutely possible with a recovery plan!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Stick around, you can be an honorary member of the class!
Seconded
Old 09-11-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the start of Day 10 for me. I posted a bit at the beginning of this thread but then dropped off, but am back. For anyone who remembers (or has read my other thread), my wife and I are pretty much back to normal again. I got the cold shoulder for about a week but then she finally started to come around. I can’t say I blame her at all; in fact, her anger and disgust at me that following day after my incident is what sent me here seeking help.

This past weekend was a big test for me. I went on a hiking trip out West with a few longtime friends (a guys trip). Because we were hiking we didn’t drink the first 2 nights but on our last night everyone drank....both at the restaurant and the bar afterwards. Well everyone but me - I stuck to Cola and then club soda. And it actually wasn’t that bad. One friend at the start of dinner, made an offhand comment to me about “how he felt sorry for me” or something. I just ignored it. In the end, I need to do what I need to do, regardless of what others think of me.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit. I hope everyone has a great day. Remember one thing - no matter our circumstances, we should be happy to be alive on this beautiful day.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 10 here. You are welcome here WF.

Congrats on 2 weeks Karen! You know I'm just kidding here, but I would have to quit if I had to wear UGA stuff

Congrats Rattle! We're on the same day. I feel like I'm just shedding some of the after effects from 10 days ago.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hi Sept group!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello I was in the Sept 2018 group and am the last one left....Today I am one year sober.

You can do this! I was a heavy drinker for 30 years. I've been through it all, lost jobs, ruined relationships, DUI's, you name it.

There is freedom on the other side.

Just keep going, hell or high water, don't pick up that booze.

You've got this!

Bless you all
Hi Wildflower....congrats on 1 year! That’s an awesome achievement. I am looking forward to the freedom on the other side.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Thanks for the invite to stick around Sober369. My Sept 2018 class meant so much to me and I benefited greatly from my daily check ins. If you all are cool with it....I would like to join the group.

Have a beautiful day!

P.S. Being the last one standing in a group like this makes one realize a few things:

Quitting booze is freaking hard and some don't make it....
Quitting booze is absolutely possible with a recovery plan!

on one awesome year sober dearest wildflower!

And I really hope you stick around as well. s xx
Old 09-11-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the start of Day 10 for me. I posted a bit at the beginning of this thread but then dropped off, but am back. For anyone who remembers (or has read my other thread), my wife and I are pretty much back to normal again. I got the cold shoulder for about a week but then she finally started to come around. I can’t say I blame her at all; in fact, her anger and disgust at me that following day after my incident is what sent me here seeking help.

This past weekend was a big test for me. I went on a hiking trip out West with a few longtime friends (a guys trip). Because we were hiking we didn’t drink the first 2 nights but on our last night everyone drank....both at the restaurant and the bar afterwards. Well everyone but me - I stuck to Cola and then club soda. And it actually wasn’t that bad. One friend at the start of dinner, made an offhand comment to me about “how he felt sorry for me” or something. I just ignored it. In the end, I need to do what I need to do, regardless of what others think of me.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit. I hope everyone has a great day. Remember one thing - no matter our circumstances, we should be happy to be alive on this beautiful day.
Not at all a ramble dear Harry. s
So pleased to hear you and your wife are OK
And fantastic getting through that drinking night sober....really. s
Old 09-11-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

How are you dearest Midton? s
And hey Bob. s

And hi Ravel. s
Old 09-11-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Day 5. No idea what I am doing with my life but I not going to drink today. I literally can't remember much detail from the last 4 months. I drank is all I am certain of. I need some sort of purpose in life....
Old 09-11-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I still can't remember anything at all from the few months I relapsed in 2014.....quite literally from the night I picked up again until Oct 26th, the day I came back to SR. It's scary for sure. s Humbling too.

I think what you are doing right now is the most important thing you could do....so perhaps you could say to yourself.....right now, I am putting all of my energy and effort into recovery. And then I will know what comes next. And I bet you will. s
Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hello carebearlost. s
Old 09-11-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Today ~

Be the absolute best version of yourself.

Smile a little more
Be grateful for what you have
Know that you are well loved
Have the strength to make it through today
Keep booze in it's proper place - the bottom of the trash can

Have a great day September group! So happy to be here

Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

want to join this group. Had a month, then blew it 6 days ago. Didn't get drunk, but felt sickened that I had even put the crap in my mouth. My job closed down (at least not because of my drinking)and at 63 it is near impossible to find anything else around here. A drink will not make it any easier. Thank you for listening.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Good afternoon....
Welcome RJ49, Nine and Wildflower!
Congratulations Wildflower on your amazing milestone!
Red...I hope you feel better.
Congratulations everyone for successes and overcoming challenges.
I am feeling grateful for two weeks sober and all the benefits of my choices. The 4th week is the most challenging for me so I want to be mindful.
Gathering donations today for Hurricane Dorian victims and feeling thankful we were not impacted by the storm.
We are almost halfway through September
Wishing everyone a peaceful sober day
Old 09-11-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Welcome Awake 61...I am sorry you are struggling. So glad you have joined us. Sending you (((hugs))).
Old 09-11-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
want to join this group. Had a month, then blew it 6 days ago. Didn't get drunk, but felt sickened that I had even put the crap in my mouth. My job closed down (at least not because of my drinking)and at 63 it is near impossible to find anything else around here. A drink will not make it any easier. Thank you for listening.
Hello dearest Awake. s

I am really sorry about your job....I guess there aren't a lot of big stores like Lowes near you? We will think of something that you can do.....put our collective heads together.....find out what jobs you are interested in and go from there.

Plus I am really glad to see you honey.....it's been a while. I was worried about you. s

Sending massive hugs! xxxxx
Old 09-11-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Morning all

Welcome Awake. I sympathise re the job situation, have experienced similar 3 years back. I can only say that there is life after.....but it is different and it doesn't arrive immediately. Which, of course, is when you need it. All the best.

good to see you back here Harry Lime. You are very lucky and need to make the changes stick if you are going to stay married.

Ok.....I've been getting into a routine of sort of wanting to drink from early afternoon,....in response to cues more than triggers. Its a nice sunny afternoon , lets drink. Finished something difficult and tedious, let's drink etc etc. And each day to date have refused it. Hoping it gets easier with practice.

I think its great to have Wildflower on board here. Does it make this group unique? Hope you'll stick around Wildflower.

Ok....grey and raining here. I knew yesterday that if I spent a sunny afternoon with drinks, it would be a grey and downered hungover day today. Its not.

later