Notices

Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-13-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hi Sodasober! It's odd how you're getting up on Saturday when I'm starting my Friday evening. You're day sounds wonderful.
Welcome Lila! Congrats on your day 2! And congrats to everyone on their milestones.
I listened to the song, too. I love it. I'll go out and look at the moon later if I'm still up.
I love that you love your life, Venus. It gives us all inspiration. I know I will love mine, too, sober. Who knows where sobriety could take all of us?
I am so tired. I'm going to find something to watch and chill out.
I'm grateful to be sober tonight!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I'm going to sign up soon.I signed up for July class and it improved everything a lot. Whole month dedicated to health and sanity. I don't ever want to unsubscribe after too.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I kind of think you just 'signed up' dear FreshStart. s

And Karen honey.....I have SO many new tv shows.....I am so bad.....yell out if you want a lead....I am watching 'The Cry' right now. And a few other things.... xx
Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Lila and FreshStart

D
Old 09-13-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

venus cat I'm so open to new stuff now. The best thing recently I watched watched was Big little Lies.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Oh I LOVED that.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Spent a great evening at the beach without alcohol. My father-in-law and his girlfriend babysat while my wife and I had a date. Instead of drinking, I had a wonderful dinner and ordered a little more food than I’d normally eat. Then went to the beach to see the moon over the waves. Gorgeous, and I was t swarmed with thoughts of when I was going to get to my next drink. I just enjoyed my time.

I hope all is well with everyone.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Oh wow...that is so beautiful.

Going to see if I can see the moon..... xxxxx
Old 09-13-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Saturday lunchtime and I need to start preparing for the voice that might hit in the next few hours, it's already tried a few times but relatively quietly, it will ramp up soon as I know it well lol its rather persistent at times..
Last night was easy as I wasn't feeling well, so I hopped in bed last night after work and watched Annabelle the new horror movie.. Scared the crap outta me but I enjoyed it.
I was hoping my book would've arrived by now so I could read this weekend but it hasn't, it's the Alcohol experiment by Annie Grace. I've got a couple of others to keep me occupied until it arrives.

​​​​​​
Old 09-13-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Old 09-13-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Saturday lunchtime and I need to start preparing for the voice that might hit in the next few hours, it's already tried a few times but relatively quietly, it will ramp up soon as I know it well lol its rather persistent at times..
Last night was easy as I wasn't feeling well, so I hopped in bed last night after work and watched Annabelle the new horror movie.. Scared the crap outta me but I enjoyed it.
I was hoping my book would've arrived by now so I could read this weekend but it hasn't, it's the Alcohol experiment by Annie Grace. I've got a couple of others to keep me occupied until it arrives.

​​​​​​
And of course I am about to go to bed....I still feel the different time zone pull me.

One hour at a time....sometimes that's what it takes.
And then it gets easier.
Sending massive hugs and love dear Red. xx

Love and goodnight and goodmorning to everyone.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Beautiful moon venus, Friday is the day of Venus the goddess and 13 is the midpoint of the moon cycle. Full moon is in 3 hours, time to let what ever is bothering you go..
Old 09-13-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

​​​​​​
I could have written that Red.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:25 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Red and Sodasober, I hope you both have an easy time of it. Listening to sobriety podcasts on my phone is a huge help for me. Also eating healthy food and lots of water.
We're having a storm, so no moon watching for me tonight. I think I'd better turn my computer off, the lightening is getting close.
Have a great night all. Thanks for the movie ideas, I'll try them tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Red and Sodasober, I hope you both have an easy time of it. Listening to sobriety podcasts on my phone is a huge help for me. Also eating healthy food and lots of water.
We're having a storm, so no moon watching for me tonight. I think I'd better turn my computer off, the lightening is getting close.
Have a great night all. Thanks for the movie ideas, I'll try them tomorrow.
Sobriety podcasts, never thought of that, thanks for the idea.
PS I love stormy nights
Old 09-14-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi all. I made it back alive to start day 13. It made it to 97 degrees Thursday while we were packing the truck. Hotter than it was in Florida. Anyway, I drank water all day, but after I got to the hotel room, was so dehydrated that I was sick all night. I will tell you though, when I start sweating, it's like turning on a faucet. Spent yesterday driving back and went to bed early last night. Feeling a lot better this morning. I don't know why I seem to be so susceptible to dehydration. My 65 year old brother worked just as hard, but did fine.

Oh well, on to more positive things. My 33 year old daughter flew in to town last night for the weekend. Should make for a great weekend. Sure hope the Gators win at Kentucky tonight! Been so busy, I don't even know who the Jags are playing on Sunday. Or the Saints. I had to laugh watching their last game though. There was a lady holding a sign that said, NOT OVER IT! NFL fans will know what that means

We may have another guest this weekend or next week. We have one of the premier teaching hospitals in the south in Gainesville, so we get calls from relatives and friends from time to time wanting to know if they can crash at our house while their loved one is in the hospital. Of course the answer is always yes. This one though is an Alabama fan

Sorry to ramble so much, but I had a lot to get caught up on. I see that there are a lot of new people in the class. Welcome all! Some I recognize. I've never been more committed and hope you are too!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-14-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Beautiful moon venus, Friday is the day of Venus the goddess and 13 is the midpoint of the moon cycle. Full moon is in 3 hours, time to let what ever is bothering you go..
How beautiful....I feel all special now. s

Just a thought....it sounds like you are an expert on moon and planet stuff dear Red....if you like, keep informing us.....I absolutely love this stuff.

Hope your day was good love....must be late there now. s xx
Old 09-14-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi Bob....welcome home. s

I also get very dehydrated....same reason as you....not much I can do about it with such high temps and 95% humidity. Hopefully it's normal.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Good day all...

Lovely pic of the moon Venus...it was a bit cloudy last night but beautiful here! I bet you're having pleasant cool fall weather in OH now.

I have found recovery podcasts helpful as well...Recovery Elevator is one of my favorites.
Red...Let me know how you like the book Alcohol Experiment...I enjoyed The Naked Mind by Annie Grace (she also has a podcast).
Bob...Jags play the Texans in Houston i believe. I have lowered my football expectations this weekend and plan on eating good food and enjoying the games
Going to the Farmers Market...I love the yummy tomatoes this time of year!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-14-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Enjoy the market love.....I adore farmer's markets.
And actually, it is still full summer here. s