Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 07-27-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I’m so glad your ear infection has improved, and that you don’t have a hangover, Sweetie. Do you have any plans for today?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better--have a peaceful sober day sweeti
Old 07-27-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Some shall die so that others may live. You are headed that way SC1. Please don't die and stay with us. From reading your posts it appears that your cognitive functioning is suffering badly. Judgment is shot. That is an end-of-the-game marker SC1. And your body has lost the ability to heal. Another marker. The point of no return is very close SC1. Please pull back and rejoin us.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Glad you’re starting to feel better Sweeti, and also that you stayed sober. Two great things for the day.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Happy Sunday Sweeti. It’s about noon for you right? Check in and let us know how you slept. I hope your earache is continuing to improve. What’re you planning on doing today to stay sober?
Old 07-27-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Sweeti, I am glad that your ear is feeling better, and that you did not drink yesterday. I hope you are having a good sober day today. Wishing you all the best, and I pray for peace and comfort for you.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Should be Sunday night by now. How did your day go? The early days, especially while you’re detoxing, can be rough. It’s a good ide to lean on your support system and since you haven’t said you anyone but this forum and your aunt it’d be wise to post here and other places on the boards. Or better... go to a meeting for face to face support where others know & understand what you’re going through right now.

Since it’s already the end of Sunday I do wonder what you’ve been up to since you last posted. I wonder if you have appointments with the IOP people or your doctors this week. Wondering how your ear is. Wondering if you’ve spent time with your aunt this weekend. Wondering if you’ve eaten, gone for a walk and just wondering how you are really .
Old 07-28-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Gysy. I actually slept most of the day. I took a couple of more pain pills. I watched Dead to me on Netflix. Outpatient is Monday week. I have a doctors appointment late tomorrow morning. Thanks for being so concerned about me. It means a lot. I hope this ear is fixed soon. Cooked a chop and vegetables for tea. How are you going?
Old 07-28-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti, a chop and vegetables sounds delicious. I’m really glad you’re seeing a doctor tomorrow, ear infections are so painful. You’re doing so well.

I’m not doing as well as you, Sweetie. When I relapsed I drank too hard, for too long. So for safety sake, I must taper, in the absence of detox drugs. But I truly wish to join you very soon, in sober-land. Take care, Sweetie x
Old 07-28-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Hi Gysy. I actually slept most of the day. I took a couple of more pain pills. I watched Dead to me on Netflix. Outpatient is Monday week. I have a doctors appointment late tomorrow morning. Thanks for being so concerned about me. It means a lot. I hope this ear is fixed soon. Cooked a chop and vegetables for tea. How are you going?
Hi Sweeti! You sound great! Sleep is good for you in the early days of detox & recovery. I wish I could sleep. I’ve had insomnia for decades. I’m glad you found a show to binge watch. I haven’t seen that one yet. I just started watching Stranger Things at my daughter’s insistence... not sure I like it but I’ll watch a few more. I’m glad you’re eating some healthy food. Veggies are always good for you and especially now. I’m well thanks for asking. It’s late morning here so I have to water my garden, feed my rabbits, chickens and quail and then go to the feed store with my hubs after he gets back from the gym. I might do a little gentle yoga in a bit. Hang in there and keep doing the right things. Meaning taking care of yourself & resting and making your appts. Most important is not drinking and sticking close to the forums for support!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I loved Dead to Me, I am looking forward to season two. How was outpatient on Monday? Were they able to help you start to craft a long term plan? You should be getting close to the one week mark now. Hope you’re doing well.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-30-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good job Sweeti, glad to hear you're pulling through.

And yea, Dead to Me is freaking hilarious.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

SC.....how are you doing? Let us know. We all care so much about you!
Old 08-02-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

Doesn’t look like you’ve been on SR since the 28th. I hope you’re still sober, and feeling good. Check in and let isn’t know how outpatient went this week, and how recovery is going.

❤️Delilah
Old 08-03-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hoping your ear is better and all is well. Plz check in.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

How you going sweeti?
Old 08-04-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I relapsed again. Currently on day two. Outpatient said that illness can be an excuse for addictive behaviour and I need to find other things to cope. I tapered down this time from 3 bottles to 2 then1. Then nothing. I finished the Blacklist.. not letting myself worry about what harm I have already done to my body. I am feeling less depressed now I have stopped. Sorry to disappoint everyone again. Drinking was causing me more anxiety not less.Thanks for asking everyone..
Old 08-04-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

So glad you knew right away to stop again.
Feel better soon.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
I relapsed again. Currently on day two. Outpatient said that illness can be an excuse for addictive behaviour and I need to find other things to cope. I tapered down this time from 3 bottles to 2 then1. Then nothing. I finished the Blacklist.. not letting myself worry about what harm I have already done to my body. I am feeling less depressed now I have stopped. Sorry to disappoint everyone again. Drinking was causing me more anxiety not less.Thanks for asking everyone..
Hi Sweeti,

I'm glad you're feeling less depressed. I hope you'll get some more help.

You haven't disappointed anyone. We care about you--but don't take our perceived disappointment on your shoulders. That just gives you more to beat yourself up with. Just worry about you.

And, I know I keep repeating this, but I think it's important to say again.

You haven't relapsed. Relapsed implies a length of sobriety long enough to have begun healing and recovering. I don't think you've gotten there yet--at least not recently.

I say this because I used to say the same thing. I didn't realize that a few days or a week or so away from alcohol wasn't recovery. It made it easier to drink. "I relapsed" sounds better than "I'm still drinking."

When you've actively pursued recovery, when you've begun to change, when you've been sober at least 90 days, that's when you'll really start noticing a difference. That's when you'll see what we mean when we talk about recovery.

Take it a day at a time to get there. Each day in early recovery is significantly important. I don't want to belittle any moment in early recovery.

But I want you to know that it gets so, so much better.

I want you to feel better.

What are you willing to do differently? What's your plan?

Sending good thoughts your way. Please take this seriously.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I didn't drink from Monday to Friday but then I drank again. I didn't relapse though. I just had a few days off drinking then picked up again

I'm not kidding myself I relapsed . It was just a few days off drinking

I will only stop when I take sobriety seriously and do something different.

What are you going to do differently this time to get and stay sober? Do you really really want to get sober ? You dont have to answer me just yourself really.