Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Sweeti, I’m glad you were examined and are OK. I don’t say this to frighten you, but next time you fall and hit your head, you may not be OK. I say that through personal experience of a relative decades ago. She lost her husband, and rumour had it that she drank, and drank. She was found dead in her house, days after dying, as a result of banging her head when she fell on a bedside cabinet.

Sweeti, you’ve touched a lot of hearts here, with your determination not to give up. But I really hope that now, you’ll do anything and everything possible, to stop drinking. You deserve better, Sweetie!
Old 08-15-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, I'm glad you're okay. But, things will continue to get worse unless you stop drinking. I hope you take action.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I’m thinking of getting more serious about Aa.. it would cost a lot less. Just start going back to meetings

AA has been an option for you the whole time. countless posts here have encouraged, almost begged you to start attending meetings on a REGULAR basis. as in as close to daily as possible.

same with outpatient.

two days ago you were knocked out cold on the floor.
today you are thinkinG about going back to AA.
you now have the resources to pay for rehab. but have decided been there, done that.

what specific ACTION steps are you going to take TODAY?
Old 08-15-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I'm glad you're willing to go back to AA. I hope you'll go to inpatient rehab, too. Put everything into your recovery.

But, like others have said, don't just think about it. You can't think your way out of addiction.

If you're going to go to AA, I'd strongly encourage you to find a woman who seems healthy and ask her if she'll sponsor you. Then start going through the steps. I was terrified of them. But, really, they helped me start looking at the world with a new light. I did go through a massive internal change (over time).

I'm not religious, or even all that spiritual, so my higher power was the simple belief that I could rely on other people to help me. And they did.

Meetings are great, but the steps are the heart of the program. But definitely go to meetings. As often as you can.

Whatever you choose, though, do it with everything you've got. Dive in and don't look back. Don't worry about what has happened before. You're a different person now and you can let go of the past. Today can be the last time you ever have to go through this.

It's up to you to make the change. You can do it. But you have to do the work and be uncomfortable. It gets much better over time, though.

There is hope.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I remeber drinking and falling all the time, well I didn't remeber the actual fall however I sure felt it the next day. A few times I am sure I needed stitches but never went in. I would wake up with weird bruises, pains, bumps, sprained ankles, etc...
I am SO happy to be sober and not have to fall down like a drunk. Now, I just trip over toys (those bring more joy any way) or miss a step and fall walking up stairs, LOL
Old 08-15-2019, 01:14 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Question

Dream, that’s exactly my experience atm.Bruises, a sore head and neck..
I fall upstairs too.. I fell down the stairs once but luckily had a friend over who called an ambulance. I woke up in hospital. That should have woken me up to myself. This time I woke up but couldn’t move. It took me 6 hours to finally get up and back on my feet. Thank God I am getting better now.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I’m thinking of getting more serious about Aa.. it would cost a lot less. Just start going back to meetings

AA has been an option for you the whole time. countless posts here have encouraged, almost begged you to start attending meetings on a REGULAR basis. as in as close to daily as possible.

same with outpatient.

two days ago you were knocked out cold on the floor.
today you are thinkinG about going back to AA.
you now have the resources to pay for rehab. but have decided been there, done that.

what specific ACTION steps are you going to take TODAY?
There’s no meetings on today. I wasted $5000. Of my parents money on rehabs.. I am going though if I pick up a drink again.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Sweeti, I’m glad you were examined and are OK. I don’t say this to frighten you, but next time you fall and hit your head, you may not be OK. I say that through personal experience of a relative decades ago. She lost her husband, and rumour had it that she drank, and drank. She was found dead in her house, days after dying, as a result of banging her head when she fell on a bedside cabinet.

Sweeti, you’ve touched a lot of hearts here, with your determination not to give up. But I really hope that now, you’ll do anything and everything possible, to stop drinking. You deserve better, Sweetie!
Thank you for that story. That’s what I fear the most..dying alone in my townhouse
Old 08-15-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Outpatient has ceased atm. They need to recruit someone to fill the position. It could take me a couple of months.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
There’s no meetings on today. I wasted $5000. Of my parents money on rehabs.. I am going though if I pick up a drink again.
Why not just go to impatient, with the willingness and dedication to do any and everything possible to finally put this nonsense behind you?.. then start attending AA regularly when you get out? Get a fresh/dedicated/focused start..
Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Sweeti, you WON’T die alone in your townhouse, because you have SR and you, I truly hope, are going to reach out and accept, or seek help in the 3d world also. It won’t be your story, falling and dying, it won’t, you can survive. When can you go to AA next, Sweeti?
Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Sweeti, you WON’T die alone in your townhouse, because you have SR and you, I truly hope, are going to reach out and accept, or seek helpin 3d world also. It won’t be your story, you’re going to survive. When can you go to AA next, Sweeti?
There’s a good meeting on Sunday morning.Today is Friday here..
Old 08-15-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Great! It would be super if you attended the Sunday morning meeting. Maybe, speak to another lady, about some support outside of meetings, obviously, I don’t know whether that’s possible, but you never know, there might be a kind hearted soul there, who’s been in you shoes, who would like to help? Or you could look around for a possible lady, and attend the meeting the following Sunday, and approach her then?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

So you're not going to do anything now. Just maybe consider rehab if you drink again? People really are trying to help you and give you support and advice but nothing will change until you take action which you seem unable or unwilling to do.

I wish you all the best
Old 08-15-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

no AA meetings on a Friday??
Old 08-15-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

As Stephen Tyler would say...."same old song and dance". After years of progressive spiraling out of control alcoholism I would say you are near the end Sweeti. My observation is that you really are OK with it. No action. Take care.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Have you considered not drinking anymore?
Old 08-15-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Have you considered not drinking anymore?
Today is day 3.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Reading through this thread, it starts to look like the problem isn't that AA or rehab etc won't work. Seems like the issue for you might be that one of the 10+ recommendations here actually might work for you...

I sincerely hope that isn't the case. Wish you luck in making a decision for the better
Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Sweeti..when you are ready...you will be ready....maybe you are ready now....the bottom line is SR will always be here...and I will always be here along with others to support you....

These messages could go on for decades and will go on for decades of either you, me or many others....talking about stopping, wanting to stop...starting again...stopping again...but one thing is for sure...is YOUR body can not take it for decades more of this....

Many seeds have been planted in your mind...my wish for you is that one of them takes sprout within you internally and then you will be able to maintain a healthy way of living..

Its not easy....I'm not long term sober...only 50 plus days....and I know how you feel and respect that you are open to continue talking about it even when you drink....Your a strong girl and you will do this.....