Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 07-25-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have faith you will be free from alcohol someday soon.

Dont give up on yourself don’t beat yourself up and stay positive.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

what about your out-patient, team of doctors resources?
what about rehab?
what about.....doing everything you can to resolve the drinking problem?
what ARE you willing to do?
Old 07-25-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone who helped me. Iam already onn my second. Course of antibiotics for it and ear drops. That is why the I am so frustrated..
Old 07-25-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Thanks to everyone who helped me. Iam already onn my second. Course of antibiotics for it and ear drops. That is why the I am so frustrated..
Drinking lowers/negates antibiotics is what I've always heard... either way it's not giving you any positive effects at this point.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I strongly suggest you look into inpatient rehab, as nothing else you've been doing has been keeping you sober. One of these days your luck is going to run out.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope you’re feeling a little better, and that you’re sober tonight Sweeti.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sweeti thinking of you and hoping you find the hope and faith that you can do this. Manifest it, imagine it, put your mind calmly into a sober life and see what it holds for you. I have just started this fight and i am terrified but I am so happy to be here, I know you can do it. Go get evaluated and get into rehab, where you can take a break from this life you are in and get the help.

Sending hugs
Old 07-26-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sweeti, sorry you are still suffering. I do want to add that drinking on antibiotics not only makes them less effective, but certain ones can also be very hard on the liver. Not good for someone with an already compromised liver. Please try to stay sober.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My session with my psychiatrist didn’t go well.. he was nearly in tears over my drinking. I found my antibiotics don’t work properly with alcohol. It’s even on the internet. Tomorrow will be day one if I want to last past Xmas. If there’s any alcohol left over tomorrow morning I plan on chucking it out. My ear is still agonising. It’s now or never with alcohol.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Pour the alcohol you have down the drain right now so there won’t be any leftover in the morning. Day one can start right now. Your life depends on it. Aren’t you worth it? You have so many people on Sober Recovery that care and even your own doctor! Pour it out, drink water and go to sleep .
Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sweeti I would like to make a suggestion.

I'm currently reading the collective works of Florence Scovel Shinn.

it is not about alcohol, but creating and manifesting a new life.

i thought you might find it interesting.

For me it's redirecting my thoughts and words

Maybe check it out and see if it interests you.

Where focus goes, energy flows - Tony Robbins
Old 07-26-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
My session with my psychiatrist didn’t go well.. he was nearly in tears over my drinking. I found my antibiotics don’t work properly with alcohol. It’s even on the internet. Tomorrow will be day one if I want to last past Xmas. If there’s any alcohol left over tomorrow morning I plan on chucking it out. My ear is still agonising. It’s now or never with alcohol.
sweeti - did you ask psychiatrist about rehab? Didn't he/she recommend it?
Old 07-26-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

He knows I don’t have the funds. I am going to look into health insurance.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you've never had private health insurance before the cost at our age of even basic cover is untenable Sweetichick - and very few companies will cover private rehab....and those that do will probably make you wait months before you can claim.

You don't want to wait any longer. You need to act now.

what happened to the idea I suggested months ago about rehab through the public health system?

D
Old 07-26-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am still on waiting lists. There’s no way my dad will let me take a loan out against the house. The money just doesn’t exist. I can imagine private health will be unaffordable. The power just cut off. Have to go
Old 07-26-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have super from when you worked you may be able to access that, Check out your policy with your local Community legal centre.

If you can do it, the penalties for early withdrawal will probably be hefty but it comes down to priorities, y'know?

Touching ones superannuation is not something I'd normally recommend but when you can't stop on your own, you have issues with AA, and you have a growing list of reasons that keep you drinking, I think more and more drastic solutions are needed?

D
Old 07-26-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

This is the last chance I have given myself. It’s life or death now. Otherwise I will try and access my super. There’s still a problem with waiting lists. I am figuring it is all up to me. I can still attend Aa just not get involved.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

Here are things that helped me:

1. Recovery groups (website, AA, mostly, but I did try SMART and LifeRing); I reached out before I took a drink, I tried to help other people, I did the steps with a sponsor, I listened.

2. Honesty--I had to learn to be honest with myself and others.
3. Open--I had to be open to change and to doing whatever I was told, even if it didn't make sense. The only thing that made sense to me was drinking. That had to stop.
4. Willing--I had to be willing to do things differently.

5. Meditation--this more than anything, I think. Even sitting quietly for a few minutes and watching my thoughts go in and out. I finally made the connection that I am not my thoughts. I could have distance and make better choices.

6. Laser focus--every day I would wake up and my only goal was to stay sober. Anything else was secondary. Period.

I would scream, cry, curl up in a ball on my bed. I cried after meetings in parking lots to women I didn't know and never saw again. I poured my heart out on another website.

You can do this. You can change.

Accept that you'll be uncomfortable for a while. It's not easy. But it does get better. You'll get there.

I'm always wishing you well.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Please leave your mother in peace. She needs peace not constant drama.

I hope you focus on what you can do to stop drinking rather than coming up with reasons for what you cant do.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

A guy in California runs a mission for homeless people, mostly drunks. On his way in the front door every morning he has to step over dead drunks. Some, they have to hold a mirror under their nose to see if they're still breathing. The last words out of the dying drunks' mouths are, "But you don't understand."

I'm an AA'er and am grateful for the people in the meetings who were willing to help me. I couldn't have done it without them. I got desperate enough to reach out for help. I didn't want to be one of those people on the sidewalk with a mirror under my nose.