Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 08-08-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

way to go, sweeti!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Six days is excellent. You should start feeling much better soon now that you are getting past acute withdrawal. Keep up the good work sweeti!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
I’m on day 6 now.It was a week of bad shaking and little sleep. I finally felt a bit better yesterday. Yesterday I cooked. Today is tidying up my house. I have been Netflix binging on how to get away with murder.. Thanks everyone for asking.
Woohoo! That’s a great check in report. Have you been to outpatient or meetings?
Old 08-09-2019, 09:06 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Many congrats on 6 days. Hopefully when you login in and read these posts you'll have 1 week
Old 08-09-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Nothing good happens in ones comfort zone. I am glad you are getting out of yours. While it may be uncomfortable, that is where the growth happens.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're still doing well, Sweeti.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

You’re onto week two now Sweeti, hope you’re doing well. You may want to start a new thread with a title about your journey.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I stuffed up last night which was Saturday. Nothing to say except experiencing extreme remorse pain and guilt this morning. I had forgotten how bad a hangover feels.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Im sorry you chose to drink last night, mabye some meetings might help pass those nights that are tempting for you.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you chose to drink last night.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Sweetie, you are lucky you don't have to get up and go to a job everyday. But maybe you should so you would have responsibility for yourself. And also...how can you forget how bad a hangover feels? You have them almost every week for years. Please STOP. Your body is dying inside and won't last much longer. Take your Super and go to rehab.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

IMO, you've moved well beyond hangovers and now are in a protracted state of withdrawal. drinking again starts the withdrawal process all over again. the damage you are doing to yourself with this never ending withdrawal process will reach a point of no return.

you aren't forgetting anything, you just have not put in any effort to build a defense against the first drink. netflix is not a recovery tool. getting yourself to outpatient meetings as often as you can, AA meetings, and taking a serious ACTIVE approach to life long sobriety is the solution.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:10 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
IMO, you've moved well beyond hangovers and now are in a protracted state of withdrawal. drinking again starts the withdrawal process all over again. the damage you are doing to yourself with this never ending withdrawal process will reach a point of no return.

you aren't forgetting anything, you just have not put in any effort to build a defense against the first drink. netflix is not a recovery tool. getting yourself to outpatient meetings as often as you can, AA meetings, and taking a serious ACTIVE approach to life long sobriety is the solution.
Truth. I only know it’s the truth because it describes the last year of my life. And just like I was playing with my life, you are too. Please get some help. You wouldn’t believe how fast it goes from bad hangovers and indecision to life threatening and irreversible.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I am thinking of taking my super to use for rehab. Even if I start smoking again nothing else could be that much worse. I need to ring them tomorrow to find out if I am eligible. Why should my daughters get all the money
Old 08-10-2019, 11:55 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
I am thinking of taking my super to use for rehab. Even if I start smoking again nothing else could be that much worse. I need to ring them tomorrow to find out if I am eligible. Why should my daughters get all the money
Sorry but this makes no sense. ^^

"Try, perhaps, I should, we should, I might, I could, maybe I will" - alcoholism 101.

Why are you "thinking" about using your super for rehab? Why aren't you just doing it. Not sure what that has to do with smoking or your Daughters - it's not their money it's yours.

At some point alcoholism distorts your thinking to a degree that you aren't really capable of making sound decisions.

Whether that is the man who used tire fixing air to try to out smart sober link (link to thread below) or the woman who refers to her children getting her super, rather than go to rehab.

You are fighting but it's time to pull out all the stops. Go to rehab, take your life back.

You are not a bad person, you don't need to feel guilty or terrible or any other negative thing, but you do need help, so do that.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...roy-trust.html (New and exciting ways to destroy trust)
Old 08-11-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Sorry but this makes no sense. ^^

"Try, perhaps, I should, we should, I might, I could, maybe I will" - alcoholism 101.

Why are you "thinking" about using your super for rehab? Why aren't you just doing it. Not sure what that has to do with smoking or your Daughters - it's not their money it's yours.

At some point alcoholism distorts your thinking to a degree that you aren't really capable of making sound decisions.

Whether that is the man who used tire fixing air to try to out smart sober link (link to thread below) or the woman who refers to her children getting her super, rather than go to rehab.

You are fighting but it's time to pull out all the stops. Go to rehab, take your life back.

You are not a bad person, you don't need to feel guilty or terrible or any other negative thing, but you do need help, so do that.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...roy-trust.html (New and exciting ways to destroy trust)
This ^^^^. All this.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

sweeti - you claim to be on at least one waiting list for a rehab - i am pretty sure that as your condition continues to devolve that your medical team and/or the outpatient team could intervene and your behalf and get you moved up to an open bed.

talking about smoking or your children is just a diversion.

take action now. leave voicemails if it's night time. send emails if possible. do whatever you possibly can. show up to the outpatient facility first thing. beg for help.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I echo the getting a job or volunteer or something. Keeping busy whatever it is is very important to staying sober early on. Sitting around all day watching Netflix does not lead to getting better. Do exercise and set fitness goals or whatever it is to give you a reason not to drink and get up in the morning. Loafing around is one of the worst things you can do if you want to get sober.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey. Netflix and Amazon Prime are key components of my recovery! There's just so much good stuff on there.

But, yeah, you have to create new routines, even if it's just going for a walk or tidying up. Otherwise you are more at risk.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:32 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I do hope you do something different sweeti--the cycle keeps getting worse and I think rehab might be critical to help you get sober for good at this point.

You are worth it.