Notices

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

Old 07-24-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still got an ear infection. Mother won’t talk to me

I just feel like throwing in the towel and admit alcohol has me licked. I can’t function without a couple of drinks. Can’t even leave the house. My ear infection is worse. Waiting till my doctor return in 5 days. Iam upsetting my mother so much she has cut me off. My aunt is still supporting but keeps asking when I will give up. I have Valium again so perfect time to detox myself. I at least need to try. I don’t want a long horrible painful death. I am just in give up mode.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I was you Sweetichick I'd do everything I can now not to drink and to stay sober.
I think when you see your Dr in 5 days it's time to explore the rehab option.

D
Old 07-24-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Surely there is some medical treatment you can get for your ear infection prior to your doctor's return, isn't there?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

a little bit of cotton wool in my ear can often reduce the pain.

D
Old 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Our son, 27, has had a lifetime of ear infections. I'm NOT a doctor, but his doctor has given him Amoxicillin or Ceclor (sp?) . He's fixed up ....till the next time .... sigh ...

Praying you can get into Rehab Sweetichick.

Bobbi
Old 07-24-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes! Do it. Throw in that towel. Alcohol does have you licked. You will never beat it Sweetie. Ever. Time to surrender and step put that ring for good.

From my own experience nothing will improve whilst you are still drinking. Certainly not relatiorelationships with others. But when we pit down the drink, work on ourselves and our sobriety, somehow everything else sometimes falls into place

I was talking with my sponsor about the mental obsession of alcohol. That complete compulsiveness to drink. I remember when that was on me it was so hard. I always picked up I had no defence over that first drink. Find your defence Sweetie. Mine is my HP. That is my first defence. My HP restores me to same thinking and when I am sane I can see where a drink will take me. Then i can put in the action. Call my sponsor or another alcoholic. Go to an AA meeting. Come and post her. There is always someone here you will reply.

Find your defence against against that FIRST drink.

Sending you prayers, strength and courage.

🙏❤🙏❤
Old 07-25-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sweeti I believe of you cared about your mother you'd leave her in peace and stop feeling sorry for yourself and take cate of YOU.

You can't even take care of yourself right now and your mother has a right to convalesce in peace without drama and chaos

This is coming from someone who lost her mother to cancer at age 19.

This is just insanity.

And try putting some warm mineral (baby) oil on the cotton for your ear

Better yet, see a doctor.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sweeti I believe of you cared about your mother you'd leave her in peace and stop feeling sorry for yourself and take care of YOU.

You can't even take care of yourself right now and your mother has a right to convalesce in peace without drama and chaos

This is coming from someone who lost her mother to cancer at age 19.

This is just insanity.

And try putting some warm mineral (baby) oil on the cotton for your ear

Better yet, see a doctor.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry folks don't know how that happened.

Sweeti, send your mom a card saying you're praying for her healing and leave it at that.

Don't expect anything in return just clean up your side of the street
Old 07-25-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

This threads barely started and I've already had to remove posts.

Please - everyone - keep your posts constructive and helpful
This will be my one and only warning because frankly its getting ridiculous.

If you feel as if you cannot be constructive and helpful, please move on to another thread.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 07-25-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sweeti....i think you isolate yourself too much. You do need rehab to be with others in your situation. I really believe that is your only hope. It really is a life and death situation for you. Can you call the Dr. and get an antibiotic prescription over the phone? Thinking of you.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you can get or if you have coconut oil melt it and put some in your ear to clear your infection.

I'm so sorry you want to give into alcohol...that feeling and those cravings are really hard to work thru especially when you are not feeling "positive" about quitting...

I'm sorry..I hope you keep coming back..
Old 07-25-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m glad to see you posting again. I’ve been thinking of you and so worry when you don’t post. I’m sorry you’re still in pain with the earache. Since your doctor is away maybe another doctor can see you, or the ER for some antibiotics. I’ve had good results with a warm compress on my ear multiple times daily while at rest and drops of warm garlic oil until such a time when I could get to see my doctor (I seem to get earaches over the weekend when he’s closed lol).

I’m sorry about your mother. I do think the best thing right now is to focus on you, your recovery and your health. Once that’s sorted everything, and I do mean everything, will become infinitely easier to deal with.

I’m glad alcohol has you licked! That’s the first step of the steps right? I’m not an AAer but I do go to meetings now and then and always feel better, inspired and stronger afterwards. It does work from what I’ve seen. Maybe get to a meeting. Make some real life connections. Stop isolating and start to live again.

Still rooting for you sweeti .
Old 07-25-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What helped for me is getting my mind round how hard quitting is going to be. I never expected an easy ride or a moment of respite. If you prepare for the struggle the battle is just what you expected and I believe one is then better equipped to make it. Just my view. Don’t expect easy. We as humans can do hard.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I’m glad to see you here and posting. The fact that you are doing this shows you don’t want to give up, you just haven’t figured out how to do this for good yet.

The ear infection is a much easier thing to deal with then the alcoholism. If you go to the ER, or some sort of urgent care they should be able to get you antibiotics for the infection, and they work pretty quickly. Maybe they can even get you a phone appointment.

I know it’s hard when a parent is sick, and I’m sure the fact that your relationship with your mom is not what you’d like it to be makes it harder. Try to remember she’s going through a lot trying to deal with the diagnosis, and all the unpleasant treatments and side effects that come along with it. Send her a letter or card letting her know you’re thinking about her, and that you are happy to help if she needs you to, but you will need to be sober if she does.

That last sentence is the big thing Sweeti. You’ve been struggling with your drinking, and it’s negative impacts on your physical and mental health for a long time now. You’ve tried to do it on your own multiple times and it hasn’t worked. I truly believe you need a reset where all you are able to focus on is you and getting sober, and feel like rehab is your best opportunity to do this. Call the outpatient you were seeing and tell them where you are again with your drinking, they said they could get you into a rehab, take them up on that offer. I know you worry about money, but I think you’re at a point where you need to look at the impact drinking has on every aspect of your life. You are worth whatever it takes to get you sober, hopefully you can find a free or inexpensive option, but if you can’t, look into a loan, or talk to your dad again and tell him you need to take money from your portion of the home you share, or maybe he will find another option to help you figure out how to pay for rehab. Your relationship with your parents may be strained, but they still love you, they just do not like what they see you doing to yourself, which is why they’ve probably put up those barriers.

I know you can do this, and I know deep down you want to because you keep trying. You have to realize it’s going to suck for a bit until you’ve gotten past the physical symptoms, and established new healthy coping habits, but those difficult days in the beginning will ensure positive and happy days in your future. The commitment is worth it. You are worth it.

Please call today to see if you can get in to the doctor, and to rehab. Until then post here when you feel like drinking, don’t wait until after.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-25-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Praying for you Sweeti.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

SC, I hope your ear is feeling better.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending prayers, as always, Sweeti.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

SC I know drs are not prescribing anti biotics as readily as they used to for ear infections, at least where I am, because we are building up resistances to them and they mess up are gut biome. Google holistic options (like the oil ideas suggested) because they do often work well. But definitely go the clinic.

I won't suggest anything about your drinking because I've said all I can say.

I would say, as a person with cancer (I'll be fine so I'm not trying to whine) and as a person who lost her husband to cancer, it is a scary and difficult time. The immune system, a cancer sufferer's number 1 defense against cancer, is very sensitive to stress. Sleep, calm and support are so very important. Your mama needs to focus on herself and as a mother I know how absolutely draining and stressful it can be to have to worry about our children.

Mom needs to know you can handle your own problems, so she can handle hers. Maybe she, and some of the others in your life that have chosen no contact, are doing so to protect themselves. I guess see it as an opportunity to focus on helping yourself. Because the bottom line SC: You are the only one that can help you.

As Lessgravity has said here: No one is going to pull you out of the burning building....especially since it has been self ignited and has been burning for years.

I'm pretty darn sure anything I say will fall on deaf ears. But I truly hope you find something to change for. The powerlessness most of us feel for you here is palpable and makes me very sad. Not just for you but for the loving, kind, tough and amazing people on this forum. I read the posts and its heart breaking....no one can help you SC. You gotta help yourself.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drs here still seem happy to dole out antibiotics in my experience

You should have gotten antibiotics already if you've been to the doctor, but if you haven't or you've run out and the ears still sore, do see someone today sweetichick.

If necessary call one of those home visit bulk billing doctors - you might have to wait all day but where are you gonna go with a sore ear anyway?

Antibiotics really should fix it in a day or two.

Anyway that's all common sense stuff.

Very easily remedied.

Hows the not drinking part going?
D