Weekender Thread 19-23 October 2018

Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Prayers for Mrs D
Old 10-20-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
OX

Never got hiking today
Re plan tomorrow. Hopefully waking up will be easier and in better mood.
Tough with one spouse sober and the other very active. Days like today have been when I would cave in to drink just to get along. Not this time. Cause I will have a fun night - a horrible morning and heavy depression in days and right back to SR with withdrawals.

So staying the sober course and really hoping mrs shoe jumps on board cause it’s way more awesome when she does.

Had fun at comedy show tonight. Was good to laugh that’s for sure. My wife remarked that I was laughing pretty hard for being sober. Reminded me of being a kid.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Uggghhh 5 pieces of cake! Seriously? That’s just uggghhh. But I was really really tempted to have a drink this afternoon when my partner was having a couple of beers. And it was really tasty cake. And I didn’t drink. So that’s something I guess. I’ll just have do some extra exercise tomorrow and stay away from the sweet treats for a bit...
Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I had a falling off the dietary wagon myself yesterday - chocolate biscuits, very annoying. Best wishses to Mrs Dragon.

Another fine morning here.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Much better night last night.
Hang tough Big Shoe and anyone struggling.

Dietary wagon never made it to Tipperary
I think I'm putting on a kilo per day here on Hols...

New resolutions when I get home to France - mental note.... ��
Old 10-21-2018, 01:18 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Weekenders! Hope Mrs Dragon is feeling better soon and happy to hear mini vman is on the mend. Happy birthday for the other day Tetra. Lovely to see you back big shoe, for some reason you always make me smile when I see your posts so it's great to see you again! MB, I have the medical kit at the ready and the hospital on speedial....don't make me use them lol...back away from the sharp implements!

Willow, Bradford has the best curry houses in the country! The place I go has an eating area in the basement which is more like a british working mans cafe, not fancy at all and it's a real experience going there. I was thinking last night how funny it was when the guy that took my order came to the table and he was going quite grey, I remember seeing him 25 years ago when he first started serving there and have watched him and many of the other staff grow up over the years. It's also good for sober fun as they don't sell or allow alcohol on the premises.

Bizzare development yesterday though, I don't know if any of you recall the horrid men that live behind me who were being mean, throwing eggs and veg at my house and other mean things...well the ringleader came past me yesteray whilst I was hanging my washing up and said that the fued was over and wanted to make peace. Initial reaction in my head was "WTF...what feud...I never did anything to you or your mates you complete d$ck" but....I sucked it up and said I appreciated him telling me and kept it civil. One thing I have been learning is to let things go and not waste my energy on angry words or feelings. Nothing good ever comes of reacting with anger. So, I can rest easy and know that they are going to leave me alone now!

It's a bit grey and dreary outside today so I am going to have a Netflix and snuggle on the sofa with the cat day, got the log burner going and it's looking fab!

Heres to another fantastic sober Sunday! xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fire small.jpg (40.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Mr

That does look fab ML.
Gives me decorating ideas.
Have a great relaxing day.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Oh Manta that fire looks lovely no need for them here in the north of Australia but I do love the idea of a cozy fire
Old 10-21-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Dragon, I'm sorry that Mrs. Dragon is getting sick--but LOL about your suddenly not being keen to regain your hearing!

ML, I'm very pleased that the neighborhood jerks are going to lay off you.

Willow, I've got a friend in Sydney who just had a granddaughter yesterday named Willow!
Old 10-21-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Oh that’s really beautiful Kathy, thanks for sharing that lovely news ❤️ I hope you’re having a really good day
Old 10-21-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

So far so good
Old 10-21-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Mr

Sao do you know what this Ford is. It's in 1973...?

Thank you in advance. V.
Attached Images
rps20181021_125857_421.jpg (36.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

That’s a Ford Cortina I reckon!
Old 10-21-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

What a lot of great posts...chatty. So nice.

The eagle cam is in Florida, where I grew up. The sounds of the bugs and birds really take me back there, especially the cicadas. I love having it on in the background - and whenever there's action on the nest, there is definitely eagle squawking, so it's not like I have to stare at a tree all day. Just background.

If you click the 360 cam and pan down the eagle is weaving new sticks into the nest right now (they are both in the tree.) Mornings in Florida are the action time. Oh! Eagle mating on the branch! Play with the settings with the tool icon in the lower right corner. I use the fastest speed (2) and the 1080HD. You can control the view angle of the 360 camera:

https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eaglecam360.html

I did my 5 mile walk yesterday, trying to work off that half bag of cookies a couple days ago. This time of year seems to be eat-all-the-carbs. Must be Fall. I know I'm not the only one!

I never have a good outcome when I react in anger or frustration. Manta, glad you're beginning to mend fences.

Okay...off to think about breakfast. I think oatmeal or grits with eggs and sausage. Little side of greek yogurt with fruit as a dessert maybe?
Old 10-21-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good day weekenders.

I'm having a relaxing day listening to music and even though it's a lovely day with clear blue skies I won't be venturing far.

I wish a happy, safe and sober Sunday to all of you good people

Old 10-21-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

MantaLady is correct VMan it is indeed a MK 3 Cortina in Cosmos Blue. I would say it is a GL1600 version as it has single headlights (GLX had twin headlights)
Attached Images
rps20181021_134029.jpg (18.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

That car is the same color as my first car, a 1968 Mustang. Or pretty close.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done on that 5 mile hike bimini, I need to do the same this afternoon. I will as it's another beautiful day.

Well done John!
Old 10-21-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Great to see you wrapping up a healthy weekend John. Enjoying your tunes and sticking close is a fine plan for a relaxed Sunday afternoon.

Most everyone seems in fine form and that goes down well with this coffee. A bit of a sleep in it was and my hair looks like a porcupine. Clear, cool, and crisp air filtered in overnight. I can’t say that often for these parts so it’s a day to savor, sober style.

May check out that eagle cam with my second cup.....thanks bim.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
OX

Vman in Tiptown? That’s where my family is from. Made it there a few years back to the farm my great grandparents left behind to emigrate to the US. As a modern American I can’t imagine loading up with 7 kids to travel by carriage and then by ship across the ocean. Getting the rental car to the airport on time is a hassle to me. Guess my family had the town stud horse though so that bloodline is still strong there.
Mrs dragon feeling better?
Morning sao, bim, mark, and all. Still in bed pre coffee so eyes blurred and not quite with it. Love sober sleeping complete with dreams