Notices

Weekender Thread 19-23 October 2018

Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem Lila
Good to hear from you Kev - even of you're not posting we care about you

Thanks for the reminder Bim - and a further reminder for me that if anyone else ever wants to start the weekender thread with a few thoughts, even for a week, just let me know

Least I hope the pain will lessen a little soon.

have a great weekend people
D
Old 10-19-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sorry least, should have included some love for you too! It’s hard, I still miss Oliver the pensioner cat too! Found some photos the other day and the tears started rolling. They are both in heaven and not suffering and we were lucky to have such fond memories to cherish. Hugs from across the pond xx
Old 10-19-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Lila.

Sending positive vibes your way John and Kevlar.

I will post this pic from on the way home to my place because the guy in it is too indistinct to recognise. (I have no idea who he is btw) He is somewhat refreshed and singing "there's a rat in mi kitchen what am I gonna do" over and over. I hope he made it to wherever he was headed OK.

I will post this UB 40 video in his honour. Bedtime for me

https://youtu.be/bS0fXQN6zrl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181019_234208.jpg (21.7 KB, 63 views)
Old 10-19-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

What's up Weekenders! Thanks Dee for the new thread

Hi everyone ~ Welcome, Purpleman, Lila and all newcomers

Great pics you guys

(((Least))) (((Manta)))

I stopped to pick up dinner on the way from work....good thing I called ahead 'cause the people at the bar were having wine and it looked really tempting. Then I thought NOPE! I'm taking my food and going home!

So I stuffed myself with pizza and salad & I'm home for the night
Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Unavailable for me, Sao.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Way to go, Purps!
Old 10-19-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great job purps!! x
Old 10-19-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

This one works for me

D
Old 10-19-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. That one did work!

Catchy song! No wonder the guy was chanting it in his drunken state!
Old 10-19-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good Friday Evening, everyone. I am doing well and being very careful. Nice to be back in my right mind again. Sure do enjoy the pics and music posts.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
OX

Nice to see the friendly action on the weekenders.
I did not win the billion dollar lottery so my weekend will be limited to two days.
Maybe a hike tomorrow as the weather is nice but for not much longer. Also have some free tix for a comedy club.
New kitten curled up on my legs and SR. Good times.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning all, thanks for posting that UB 40 track Dee.

))))Least((((

Great to see you BixBees!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning folks.

Thanks for the support, I'm not feeling too bad this morning and will be off out for a bit of fresh air soon

I just watched this video of starlings and found it quite relaxing:

Hope everyone has a good day.

John
Old 10-20-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
We had a turbulent night.
My daughter seems to have picked up a vomiting bug. Not many towels or pj's left clean this morning. It was a messy night...

Nice to see you Bix.
Still sorry about jack least.

Soldier on.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Big hugs from me to you all.. especially least and Vmans daughter. Sorry but when I get to reply I can't remember everyoneI want to talk to individually. Thanks for thinking about me, physically I am on the mend. I really need to make time to meditate... just sooooo exhausted all the time if I do try I end up asleep.
Thanks Dee for the thread it is my home thread now as my monthly thread fizzled out and many of my classmates disappeared. I wish them well. Thanks for the post reminding us of what mec and weasel used to say. I miss their input... Hope they are ok.
Anyway sorry I'm starting to ramble... must be time for coffee.
Catch you all later . Have a good day.
xx
Old 10-20-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Rats in the kitchen, starlings dancing … what a way to start the day! Love it!

As I think we say repeatedly in this group, sober Saturday is really great. No regrets from last night, no foggy brain, no apologies to anyone. I'll never fully understand how AV so often beats this wonderful good sober feeling!

What I give thanks for today: This group that stands together to help us make sober Saturdays possible.

Good morning Wood, John, Manta, Dee, Petals (I'm sorry you lost your classmates), VMan (hope your daughter is better today), Caramel, BigShoe (I didn't win, either … bummer, eh?) Sao (love the pic, I like to know where people live), Bix, Gilmer, Dee, Purp (yay for you!), Kev, Lila, Bim and everyone else!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hoping your daughter feel better, vm
Old 10-20-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Zoeydog no I kissed the Blarney stone too I hadn’t heard the pee story

John, stay close, keep posting, it really helps. The AV has cranked up for me too lately, especially the last 2 weeks. Lots of emotional times and temptations to drink to “make it all go away”.

What has stopped me from drinking?
1. Posting and reading on SR
2. Playing the tape forward to the awful awful ongoing consequences
3. Eating the wrong foods (sugary and chocolatey junk) not the greatest but if it stops me drinking I can live with it.
4. Drinking soft drink (also not great but better than alcohol)
5. Going to bed early
6. Exercise
7. Distracting myself doing things (anything)
8. Reading my diary about how awful I felt when I was trying unsuccessfully to give up drinking, all the hangovers and self-loathing, ugggghhh

Great photos everyone

((((Least)))))
Old 10-20-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I hope your daughter feels better soon.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are located.
It has been a while since I posted here. I have been busy though as I have joined a gym. Me in a gym is a sight I thought I would never see, anyway my father thought it would be a good idea for me to have something to do throughout the long dark winter nights - especially as I live pretty much just across the road from the university gym and they gave me a discount because I work at the hospital which is just down the street. So I asked my dad if I should join? He was like “it’s up to you love. It’s your decision to make but it might be nice for you to have something to do during the winter”. So I asked my mom if I should spend the money (you know I don’t get paid a lot). Her response was “Yes! You have put on weight. Sign up and go 5 days a week!” (Not much tact there!)

So I bought the gear and toddled off to my first spinning class. It was my first time in a loooooonnnnggg time doing such exercise (apart from walking). I went for the bike in the very back row and corner of the class so I would not be seen too much. However I made the mistake of telling the instructor that I’m new to this so please go easy on me. So every so often he would look in my direction from the front of the room and give me two huge thumbs up. I was ready to kill him on the spot as everyone’s heads turned to see who he was looking at. So that plan backfired on me spectacularly. Plus I was unable to walk up or down stairs properly for about 2 days after wards. I’m using muscles that I forgot I have.

Still at at least I’m going. I mean there was a time not so long ago (few years ago) when I was so self conscious that I was unable to get a bus by myself.

Any way it was my birthday last Thursday. My (new-ish) colleagues at work surprised me with a small cake and mini muffins which I thought was very sweet. It’s more than I expected and more than I ever got from the last group of that I worked with.

Actually my mother tells me that “I’ve never seen you so comfortable in your own skin” which was nice to hear. If only I could get rid of the bad dreams I’ve been having then that would be great. But if I did not have something to worry about, I would worry about that too!

I’m off to finish my book and go for a coffee in a while. I Wish all of you guys the best.